[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is getting drunk every weekend (friday and saturday) really that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: ethanoleffects.jpg (121 KB, 800x574) Image search: [Google]
ethanoleffects.jpg
121 KB, 800x574
Is getting drunk every weekend (friday and saturday) really that bad for your body?

I'm in college and I love alcohol but is it really going to fuck my shit up?
>>
>>25065978
that depends on what you drink and how much.
Getting shit faced on everclear every friday and saturday? something bad will happen eventually.
>>
I mean it's not great for you but it's probably not worth letting that stop you unless you're trying to be a professional body builder or something

It's certainly much better than what I did my freshman year, sit in my room on weekends like a fag because I thought alcohol was stupid
>>
>>25065978
what the fuck kind of question is that? you don't think that binge-drinking (I'm assuming) won't destroy brain cells and your liver in a period during which your brain is still developing?
>>
>>25066003
>>25066005
>>25066026
so am i fucked

how else am i supposed to deal with bad feels and boredom
>>
>>25065978
not really a problem if your still at college age. if youre still doing it at 25 or 30, then you might start having issues. just watch your weight. i assume you are just getting normal drunk, not blackout Russian drunk.
>>
>>25065978

>only getting drunk on the weekend

Smalltime as fuck.
>>
>>25066026
It won't destroy braincells but your liver can get fucked hard.
>>
I'm a drunk. Don't drink. Or do, I don't care. Just don't fucking act like it's not bad for you and wake up one day and go "oh shit I care about myself and my friends and family and need a new liver!"

I'll tell them look. I love you, but I hated being alive this whole time and its not your fault. I killed myself because of it and I'm sorry.
>>
File: 1450331481489.jpg (92 KB, 736x727) Image search: [Google]
1450331481489.jpg
92 KB, 736x727
-class 1 carcinogen
-kills your brain cells
-hard on your liver
-beer gut
-anti inflammatory effects are the same in nonalcoholic wine
>>
>>25066169
>>25066157
>>25066208
hes not gonna lose his liver form drinking twice a week in college, calm your tits
>>
>>25066104
Probably by just fucking dealing with them.

I wouldn't know much about that. I'm drunk every day after work so I'm fucked. I've probably ruined my mind and body so much in the last 6 years.
>>
>>25066253
sure, but they binge drink and that WILL harm your liver

it's funny how naive the whole "Responsible drinking" concept really is in practice
>>
>>25066253
Dunno bout him but I've drank at least upwards of 20oz a night since 2007. At this point I'm hard pressed to find someone who is worse here.
>>
>>25066376
20oz of what? beer, liquor?
>>
You'll be fucking fine, nigger. I'd be more worried about statutory rape accusations, falling off of things, or revealing horrible secrets to my friends.

If you're a Chief Squanto Redskin, though, you might wanna hold back and relax. If you're a whitey or mostly whitey, you're probably gonna be okay.
>>
>>25065978
It ain't great but it's a toll on your body that most people can handle for at least a few years. If you don't outgrow it you'll probably get fat as fuck more than anything.
>>
>>25065978
your liver will recover as long as you dont go completely overboard, which it doesnt sound like you are
>>
>>25066420

Do you think if he was drinking 20oz of beer a night he'd be worried?
>oh shit I've got a real problem I drank like 1.4 beers last night and I've been doing that for years I'm prob gonna die from all that alcohol intake

He's drinking almost a whole fifth a night, obviously.

But how fucked you get from that shit is almost entirely up to genetics. My grandfather drank like a fucking retarded fish for like 45 years, and his liver is pretty much fine. He has plenty of other problems (he's smoked, eaten like shit, and gotten wasted almost everyday since he was 18).

Now, his son, who has done the same and is in his 40's, is incredibly fucked despite living a similar lifestyle.

Some people just get lucky in that their bad habits align with their genetic defenses.
>>
You're fine kid. My Uncle drank a fifth every night from 21-46 or so until his liver quit
>>
>>25066104
No, you're not fucked. While it's socially acceptable to drink too much from an absolute health standpoint, which is more or less what you're doing, you will be fine. Alcohol is bad for you and there are much better drugs to do from a cost/benefit point of view but most people abuse alcohol to a significant degree at some point and live normal, healthy lives.

On the other end of the spectrum, I had a hardcore alcoholic friend die on me this year. He had multiple DUIs as well as permanent pancreatic and liver damage before he decided to kill himself at 28. He drank a fifth of whiskey a day to feel normal, and brought another one to polish off by himself when he wanted to get drunk.

Just keep the law of diminishing marginal returns in mind.
>>
File: drunk pepe.jpg (11 KB, 258x195) Image search: [Google]
drunk pepe.jpg
11 KB, 258x195
you'll be fine. just keep it in check.

I was a pretty heavy weekend binge drinker in college. The problem starts when it becomes more regular.

For me, as i got older (23 now) the hangovers started getting weird. It wasn't just a headache/nausea etc. It was fucking mega-anxiety and the only way to calm it down was to drink more. This is where I can see the addiction starting.

I wouldn't advocate binge drinking, but the bigger threat is the risk of it becoming psychologically addicting. I know a lot of people who are the path to becoming high functioning alcoholics because they couldn't kick the weekend party habit.

I still drink more than I probably should, but I can control myself much better now.
>>
>>25065978

>not getting drunk every night to keep the feels away like a true robot
>>
So if I tend to drink half a 750ml bottle of rum on my nights off work( 3 or so days a week), but can go without drinking on work nights just fine am I gonna turn out addicted?

I'm kinda worried cus man I love being drunk, but if i don't have booze it's not like I'm jonsing for it.
>>
>>25065978
You will look 35 by the time you are 25 if you keep it up. Not like it will matter, because most people drink anyway, and will look like washed up old bags by 28 anyway.
>>
>>25066889
DIS TBQHY FOREVER YOUNG SENPAI
>>
>>25067078
That is pretty small time, friend.
Report back when you have that amount every second day, or more.
>>
>>25066134

> College age
> Normal drunk
> Not blackout

You americans are such little bitches with alcohol. We had a few at my uni here in the uk and they would talk day and night about what massive partiers they were, would instagram about their wild night throughout - have about 2 beers and talk about how 'wasted' they were, then go to bed at midnight so that they could be up for a morning jog.
>>
>>25066326

Liver can grow back desu, its remarkable. Not advocating it, but you really really have to go for it to need a transplant.

I know people who have about 5 bottles of wine a night and liver functions come back ok somehow.
>>
>>25067078

Doesn't sound like worrying amounts necessarily, sounds more like you're bored. Find something else to do and your intake will drop easily.
>>
>>25066427
>If you're a Chief Squanto Redskin, though

are redskins genetically predisposed to some kind of alcohol related problems?
>>
>>25067173
Well when I have multiple days off sometimes I'll crush most of a bottle in a night.

I'm just afraid of it getting out of hand cus I come from a family of degenerates
>>
>>25067581
Red Man have taste for alcohol, but not stomach
>>
>>25067630
huh it seems like its not just a meme

http://alcohol.addictionblog.org/is-native-american-alcoholism-genetic/

interesting
>>
>>25067592
>family of degenerates
You are fucked then, sorry. All or nothing really.
My father likes the feeling of being drunk. I have been drunk like 10 times maybe, and then I got bored of it. Like I can see why it would appeal, but it really isn't that great. But I don't really have "feels" to quell in the first place, because I killed them all a long time ago. Pursue the enlightenment of becoming a true to life mechanical Robot.
>>
>>25067592
Well, if you lose your job, youre gonna be pretty fucked because you will drink every day.
>>
>5 drinks a night
>every night
How fucked am i?
>>
I've been drunk for years now and I'm fine. I'm feeling right this moment. If you train or exercise for about an hour every day you should be fine.
>>
>>25067831
i did that for about a year, couldnt stop myself became a habit, got really fat. one night i got super high, threw up, and havent drunk since. It's only been a month though, but still no craving.
>>
>>25066521
My granddad drank himself to death before he hit 50 but idk how comparably bad it is to what I am doing now. I did cut back, for what absolute shit that's worth
>>
bump for my alcoholic bros
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.