[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where are weeaboos coming from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: bof3-misc02.jpg (212 KB, 570x750) Image search: [Google]
bof3-misc02.jpg
212 KB, 570x750
I like anime as much as the next guy,
heck I even work at a US subsidiary of a Japanese studio and speak the language.

I mainly learned the language because growing up every game I played came from japan, and I thought I would have to know the language in order to work at a game studio. That wasn't the case, but it got me there anyway.

I mostly got into anime bc, I liked super robots, special techniques, and strange mythologies. I like western superheroes just as much though.

But I've gotta know, where are the weeaboos coming from?
When I am referring to weeaboo as such, I am not including people who like media from overseas, I'm specifically speaking about loud fangirls/guys, strange cosplay convention types, people wanting a "moe waifu", and people who think Japan is everything.

Don't get me wrong, the place is interesting, but one doesn't have to be weird about it.
So tell me, where are these weeaboos coming form and what are your experiences with them?
>>
Extreme fans can be found in any sort of media.
>>
You have good taste in JRPGS.
>>
>>25064146
I am well aware, but the stigma of weeaboo is far worse than any other fandom
>>25064359
yup all sorts
>>
>>25064824
Some of the main alternatives to being a weaaboo (an obsession with age-inappropriate animation/characters) are being a furfag or a ponyfag, so not really.

Normies still are creeped out and disgusted by all of those. Remember news anchors losing their shit when covering a chemical leak at some furcon.

I've been to two in a large coastal city, and yes, it's as bad as it looks
>>
>>25064074
As for the question, I think it's just a form escapism coupled with searching for an identity.

The thinking is something like
>I got shit on here, but in the magical land of Japan I only know about from anime the life would be much better for me
>>
>>25064949
age inappropriate?
Quality animation can be enjoyed by all ages,
better than enjoying THE BIG GAME, or drinking refusely.
>>
File: 37399616_p0_0.jpg (853 KB, 1177x802) Image search: [Google]
37399616_p0_0.jpg
853 KB, 1177x802
>>25064074
It's a perfect escapism for whatever reason reality has failed you
>>
>>25064074
Got introduced to anime by Hentai.
Now I am like those people who prefer 2d over 3d
>>
File: 01b.jpg (164 KB, 412x1000) Image search: [Google]
01b.jpg
164 KB, 412x1000
>>25065176
Really I always interpenetrated many of the shonen tales as working hard, and persevering through failure and difficult times in one's life to reach one's ultimate goal.
>>
File: 1443063255651.jpg (135 KB, 1000x1707) Image search: [Google]
1443063255651.jpg
135 KB, 1000x1707
The reason people like something or do something as a group, can't be found on "what" is it that they are doing, but rather on "why".

Where do weaboos come from? The same place hipsters come from, also the same place chads come from, wich also happen to the same place "robots" come from... A desperate need to validate one self by belonging to a group.

People define themselves by some superficial mark, and since they all share it they delude themselves into thinking they are a group.

Happens to every group. Gays,conservatives, libertarians, Germans, straight males, young girls, police officers, religious and atheist alike. Everyone, even people who choose not be a part of it.

They all think of themselves as similar, but leave them exposed to one another for a few hours and they will hate each other.
>>
>>25065510
Humans were meant to live a tribal existence. If you think that's not the case, then grow your own food, mine and temper your metals, make your clothes, etc.

The problem is the price of all tribes is extreme conformity.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.