[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much weight can I lose by just not eating for a week ? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 1449552271683.gif (662 KB, 800x528) Image search: [Google]
1449552271683.gif
662 KB, 800x528
How much weight can I lose by just not eating for a week ?

I'm over 200lbs

>No "Anon you'll get fat afterward cuz calorie deficit fat storage etc"
>>
youll lose like 5-10 pounds, but most of it will be muscle mass and your metabolism will slow down
>>
>>25063539
Goddammit...
Thanks anyway anon
>>
>>25063577
It would be much better if you ate 1000-1500 calories a day but worked out, even if it was just pushups and curlups and shit

Went from 250 to 200 in 3 months doing this, still going. Trick is to be super strict about the calories.

Worst part is its expensive to get decent food.
>>
>>25063460
Try only drinking milk, no eating, for a week or so
I heard it helps
>>
>>25063460
For the week eat but eat something shitty like raw veggies, better yet snack on them all day rather than meals. And walk, walk all week. Walk at a faster pace than comfortable just enough to get your heart rate higher. Don't do fucking push ups and stupid shit like those other tards will tell you. You'll loose a shit load of weight .
>>
File: 1448661517025.jpg (48 KB, 500x590) Image search: [Google]
1448661517025.jpg
48 KB, 500x590
>>25063539
>>25063577

You will not lose appreciable muscle mass for the first few days. There have been lots of studies on fasting lately, and IIRC the body doesn't heavily draw from breaking down muscle tissue until several days of fasting.

Logically this makes sense because why the fuck would our bodies evolve to harvest the thing that is responsible for getting you to run fast and hit that animal with a rock? The fat is there literally for the sole purpose of providing you energy DURING PERIODS OF FASTING. (Side effect of providing cushion)

But that's all moot because you won't lose much weight period in a week unless you take DNP. Eat at a 500kcal deficit for like 3 months and you'll lose way more weight, plus you won't feel as fucking crazy as if you tried to fast for a week straight.

Also, check em.
>>
>>25063577
It won't mostly be muscle mass. That guy is a fucking idiot. The first thing to be used is your fat reserves. You don't start cannibalizing muscle until <10% body fat starvation.
>>
You will lose 4-5 lbs of fat, a bit of muscle and a few pounds of water weight.
>>
>>25063460
depending on what you currently eat you could fuck up your who gi tract and be bloated and gain even more weight in fat than you lost.
Its best to just eat healthy and do something like yoga, ok? Even just eating healthy will make you lose weight.
>>
>>25063783
This exactly. Dont do regular meals, just constantly snack on greens (not even fruits, just plants. The more rabbit food-like, the better). Alfalfa, celery, spinach, lettuce, kale. All raw, all as they are. No condiments, no nothing. Also do as the anon said to walk very fast. Run if you can.

And above all, drink a SHIT TON of water.

Drink till you no longer need bathroom breaks, but instead just have a constant flow of piss (ok not really, but do drink a fucking lot. Aim for 4-5 L per day)
>>
depends on the amount of visceral, or subcutaneous fat, the subcutaneous wont be going away any time soon
>>
>>25063460
When I was in my wild party days when I was like 19 I went from 175-145lb in a weekend from not eating, popping e and drinking nonstop.

Why do you think there's so many girls who make facebook statuses like
>I can just eat so much and I just keep getting skinnier, I dont know whats wrong with me lol

Its because they're binging on coke and e on the regular. That shit will shed the pounds off you unlike any weight loss pill or program in existence. You dont even need to try and workout either, you'll naturally want to walk around and do stuff and be sweating like crazy so you'll burn like 5x the calories.
>>
>>25063945
>gain even more weight
>as you eat literally zero calories

Could you do me a favor and kill yourself?
>>
>>25063945
>gain even more weight in fat than you lost.
Literally impossible. His TDEE is most likely around 2500-3000 cal. Not eating for 10 days means he'll be at a caloric deficit of 25000 calories. That's how much energy 7.35 lbs of fat has, but you almost never lose only fat when in a caloric deficit.

He would lose 5 or so lbs of fat, the rest being muscle and water.
>>
>>25063460
You will definately notice like if I hardly eat anything for a week I can really see a difference then when I eat moderate/more than moderate. If you're going to do this best to eat something small so you're body has something to thrive on. A sandwich with cheese will do.
>>
>>25063460
Depends of the person. Just try and tell us the result.

No one will care though.
>>
>>25063783
>>25063999

this is exactly what actors do to lose weight for some shitty oscar bair film
>>
>>25063460
>No "Anon you'll get fat afterward cuz calorie deficit fat storage etc"

But this is true, you'll lose 3 lbs and gain 25

Why would you do this?
>>
>>25064092
>But this is true, you'll lose 3 lbs and gain 25
Impossible unless he goes back to eating too much. Stop spouting retarded myths.
>>
>>25064009
>>25064061
>gain even more weight than he lost
>im implying that hes gonna eat like a fucking sow when he gets off his no eating diet because he won't be able to help himself.
Hes fucking fat for a reason.
Dumbasses.
>>
>>25063999
>electrolyte imbalance
There's no need for the veggies or excessive water intake. Just fast most of the day, and eat one meal per day or two. Carbs fuck the metabolism so try to eat more fat and protein but not so much that your caloric intake is too high.
>>
>week
And this is why you're fat, you impatient shit. Start exercising and eating lotsa small snacks. Most you can hope for without fucking your health up is pound a week
>>
>>25064149

That's unrelated to what you posted. Stop with the damage control and admit that you're a fucking subhuman
>>
>>25063539
THIS IS WRONG DON'T LISTEN TO HIM

This is a stupid myth perpetuated to fight eating disorders, same as the "starvation mode" myth. Your metabolism (daily calories your body burns) will go down by 200-300, but you'll still be losing a lot of fat. You don't lose muscle mass until every ounce of NON-ESSENTIAL FAT (not the fat around internal organs) is gone. Then you will lose muscle mass. That's what fat is, stored energy for when you are not eating.
>>
>>25064268
No its not its just you can't read worth a shit.
I even quoted myself for your dumb ass.
>>
OP I didn't read any of what other people posted

But im gonna tell you some facts.

There is no such thing as "starvation mode"

You will likely lose like 5-15lbs if you fasted for a week depending on your fat/muscle ratio, and it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

There are people that have fasted for over 3 months and are still fine. If you have fat reserves you will survive.

It will be unhealthy, but if you are desperate to lose a lot of weight in a short period of time, fasting is the best way outside of exercising with high energy foods.

Fasting will cause muscle degradation after a longer period of time due to the body not having the resources it needs to heal muscle

Just make sure you drink plenty of water, and if you ever feel light headed or dizzy for more than a period of like 10 minutes, eat something, because if shit is effecting your brain, you're body is not handling it well.

Personally I fast Every time I hit 210, and I fast down to 180ish. It's just easier than dieting, after the first few days or so I stop feeling hungry and just drink tons of water.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.