[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Went to a party of a friend of my mom >There was a retiree
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: 112.jpg (1 MB, 5286x3524) Image search: [Google]
112.jpg
1 MB, 5286x3524
>Went to a party of a friend of my mom
>There was a retiree social sciences teacher from my college there and since we are from the same college we started chatting
>A good chat about a lot of topics until i asked her about her life
>She said "When I was young i was too busy with the ideals to think about family, now it's what i think about everyday. Don't do that young man, your generation is faded to this future, coing to the party of the restaurant owner because he's your only friend." (the birthday guy is a restaurant owner)
>i hugged her as she started crying

From SJW to "women are worthless" robots, more people than ever are taking this path thanks to the internet...how our generation will live with this bleak future of loneliness?
>>
grass is greener m8. i bet she'd want to kill herself if she had kids.
>>
Whatever m8, allow it.
>>
good. shes probably a roastie who fucked chads as she was "exploring herself" and getting her degree in college. no sympathy for whores and roasties
>>
Most people still live the family life. Maybe the percentage of single parenthood has increased. I doubt fewer women are having children.
>>
>>25060706
This is my exact thoughts.
>>
>>25060528

For many, It is strange to be here. The mystery never quite leaves you alone.

Behind your images, below your words, above your thoughts, the silence of another world waits. A world lives within you. No one else can bring you news of this inner world. Through the opening of the mouth, we bring out sounds from the mountain beneath the soul. These sounds are words. There are so many talking all the time, loudly, quietly, in rooms, at parties, on paper, in books. The noise of words keeps what we call the world there for us. We take each other's sounds and make patterns, predictions, benedictions and blasphemies. Each day, our tribe of language holds what we call the world together. Yet the uttering of the world reveals how each of us relentlessly creates. Everyone is an artist. Each person brings sounds out of the silence and coaxes the invisible to become visible.

Humans are new here. Above us, the galaxies dance out toward infinity. Under our feet is ancient earth. We are beautifully molded from this clay. Yet the smallest stone is millions of years older than us. In your thoughts, the silent universe seeks echo. An unknown world aspires towards reflection. Words are the oblique mirrors that hold your thoughts. Words are like the greek god janus, they face outward and inward at once. If we become addicted to the external, our interiority will haunt us. We will become hungry with a hunger no image, person or deed can still. To be wholesome, we must remain truthful to our vulnerable complexity... you are the one and only threshold of an inner world. This wholesomeness is in a non-christian sense is holiness. To be 'holy' is to be natural-- to befriend the worlds that come to balance within you. Behind the facade of image and distraction, each person is an artist in this primal and inescapable sense. Every single one of us is doomed and privileged to be an inner artist who carries and shapes and unique world.
>>
>>25061107

Human presence is a creative and turbulent sacrament, a visible sign of invisible grace. Nowhere else is there such intimate access to the mysterium. Friendship is the sweet grace that liberates us to approach, recognize, and inhabit this adventure... friendship is a creative and subversive force- It claims that inimacy is the secret law of life and the universe. The human journey is a continuous act of transfiguration. If approached in friendship, the unknown, the anonymous, the negative, and the threatening gradually yield their secret affinity with us. As an artist, the human person is permanently active in this revelation. The imagination is the great friend of the unknown. Endlessly, it invokes and releases the power of possibility.

When you love, your open your life to another. All your barriers are down. Your protective distances collapse. This person is given absolute permission to come into the deepest temple of your spirit. Your presence and life can become this person's ground.

It takes great courage to let someone so close.
>>
>>25060528

>implying I'm going to be a 50 year old spinster.

Speak for yourself nikka
>>
>>25060528

How old is this woman, OP?
>>
>>25061293
doo doo caca
>>
>>25061293

In our culture, there is an excessive concentration on the notion of relationships. People talk incessantly about them. It's a constant theme on television, film, and in the media. Technology and media are not uniting the world. They pretend to provide a world that is internetted, but in reality, all they deliver is a simulated world of shadows. Accordingly, they make our human world more anonymous and lonely. "Relationship" has become an empty center around which our lonely hunger forages for warmth and belonging. Much of the language of public intimacy is hollow, and its incessant repetition only betrays the complete absence of initmacy. Real intimacy is a sacred experience. It never exposes its secret trust and belonging to the voyeuristic eye of a neon culture.

Christians say that no one can see god and live... in a transferred sense, no person can see themselves and live. All you can ever achieve is a sense of your soul. You gain little glimpses of its light, colours, and contours. You feel the inspiration of its possibilites and mysteries. This ritual of encounter is something others go through when meeting you-- this presence is recognized in old sayings such as 'the hand of the stranger is the hand of god'

The stranger does not come accidentally: he/she brings a particular gift and illumination.
>>
>>25061843

There are many different types of solitude. There is the solitude of suffering, when you go through darkness that is lonely, intense, and terrible. Words become powerless to express your pain; what others hear from your words is so distant and different from what you are actually suffering.

We put terrible pressure on our minds. When we tighten them or harden our views and beliefs, we lose all the softness and flexibility that makes for real shelter, belonging, and protection.

Sometimes the best way of caring for you soul is to make flexible again some of the views that harden and crystallize your mind; for these alienate your from your own depth and beauty. Creativity seems to demand flexible and measured tension. In musical terms, the image of the violin is instructive here... if the stings are tuned too tightly they snap. When the tuning is balanced, the violin can endure massive force and produce the most powerful and tender music.

Only in solitude can you discover a sense of your own beauty. Ezra pound said something similar: beauty likes to keep away from the public glare. It likes to find a neglected or abandoned place, for it knows that it is only here it will meet the kind of light that repeats it's shape, nature, and dignity. There is a deep beauty within each person. Modern culture is obsessed with cosmetic perfection-- beauty is standardized; it has become yet another product for sale, but in it's true sense, beauty is the illumination of your soul. There is a lantern in this soul of yours, which makes your solitude luminous. Solitude need not remain lonely. With work, you can awake to luminous warmth.

When you inhabit your solitude fully and experience its outer extremes of isolation and abandonment, you will find that at its heart there is nether loneliness or emptiness but intimacy and shelter. In your solitude your are frequently nearer to the heart of kinship than you are in your social life or public world.
>>
>>25062214

persona, belief, and role are in reality a technique or strategy for getting through your daily routine. When you're on your own, or when you wake in the middle of the night, the real knowing within you can surface. You come to feel the secret equilibrium of your soul. When you travel the inner distance and reach the divine, the outer distance vanishes. Ironically, your trust in your inner belonging radically alters your out belonging.

Unless you find belonging in your solitude, your exterior longing will remain needy and driven.

There is a wonderful welcome within... 14th century mystic meister eckhart illuminates this point. He says there is a place in the soul that neither time nor space can touch. This is the eternal place within us. It would be a lovely gift to robots to enable them to go there often-- to be nourished, strengthened, and renewed. The deepest things that OP's friend needed were never elsewhere, they are here and now in the circle of your her spirit and mind. Real and true friendship enable a person to frequently visit the hearth of this solitude; in return this benediction invites an approach to others in it's own time.
>>
>>25061107
>>25061293
>>25061843
>>25062214
>>25062396
new age shite.
>>
>>25062396

In his ethics, Aristotle devotes several chapters to reflection on friendship. He grounds friendship on the idea of goodness and beauty. A friend is someone who wishes what is good for the other. Aristotle acknowledges how in the complexity of individuality, interiority is mirrored and fulfilled in the discovery and activity of friendship: "Our feelings towards our friends reflect our feelings towards ourselves" He acknowledges the patience required to develop real friendship: "The wish for friendship develops rapidly, but friendship does not"

Friendship is the grace that warms and sweetens our lives: "Nobody would choose to live without friends even if he had all other good things"
>>
>>25062448

>*tips fedora*

To the judgmental eye, everything is closed in definitive frames. When the judgemental eye looks out, it sees things in terms of lines and squares. It's always excluding or separating and therefore it never sees things in a compassionate or celebratory way. To see is to judge. Sadly, the judgmental eye is always equally harsh with itself. It sees only the images of it's tormented inner interiority projected outward from itself. The judgmental eye harvests the reflected surface and calls it truth. It enjoys neither the forgiveness nor imagination to drive deeper into the ground of things where truth is paradox.

An externalist, image-driven culture is the corollary of such an ideology of facile judgment.
>>
>>25060706

This.

It is literally IMPOSSIBLE for a woman to end up single unless she's a dumb roastie whore who pines for grandpa chads dick.
>>
>>25062448
No wonder I couldn't read more than two lines before scrolling past it all. Fucking retards.
>>
File: 66479.jpg (22 KB, 295x475) Image search: [Google]
66479.jpg
22 KB, 295x475
>>25060528

Was she hot?

Did you fuck her, OP?
>>
>>25062448
>>25062806

Sure! it's new age garbage.

This is all just an elaborate gimmick to sell you JO crystals.

only 19.99! or alternatively, three pissjugs.
>>
File: eyyupthatsaroast.jpg (137 KB, 400x450) Image search: [Google]
eyyupthatsaroast.jpg
137 KB, 400x450
>>25060528

I'm sure we'll get by just fine, OP.
>>
File: speachless.png (67 KB, 431x378) Image search: [Google]
speachless.png
67 KB, 431x378
its kind of fucked up, and I used to be really pissed that my parents did it, but now I'm kinda glad. Arrenged marriages aren't so bad in this fucked up day and age, like the dating game is so fucked up.
>>
>>25062870
10/10 book taste to be honest senpai
>>
>>25063169

Thanks famree =)

Blindsight was pretty interesting too.

are you an iain M banks fan too, by chance?
>>
>>25063279
I have Consider Phlebas on my shelf but never got far into it. I should really give it another try cause it seemed like an awesome universe.
>>
>>25063377

Awww hellll yeah it is.

The ship AI are extremely eccentric, with homicidal and sadistic streaks.

Among some of the best written non-human characters I've ever read.

I will say this though: The atmosphere can be quite lighthearted even in troubled times, unlike watts, who is usually uncomprisingly dark.
>>
>>25063452
Ill surely give it another try. Was looking for somthing new to read anyway thanks for reminidng me senpai :)
>>
>>25063549

Always glad to help =) Definitely sink your teeth into that series, if it tickles your fancy. Your recognition of watts obviously shows your patrician status.

There's a fair amount of content to explore.

Another weird book is the peripheral by william gibson, one of the founding fathers of cyberpunk. Can be really hard to follow, but I think it gives a great account of how things might look in the future.
>>
meh, you'll only be lonely in your 20s. After I hit 30 women were throwing themselves at me just because I had a job and I wasn't married already. Hell a lot of them were able to support themselves and totally ok with paying if it meant I'd give them attention.

Single women in their 30s start going crazy because they think they're losing their chance at a family/the storybook ending they've dreamed about since they were little girls, but if you're desperate yourself its like shooting fish in a barrel.
>>
>>25063718

This is true, actually.

I think I was about 28 when I realized I was entering my prime.

Thought it was 18 for males. Wrong.

I think they mixed that meme up.

Women hit their sexual prime at 16-18

Men hit theirs at 25-40
>>
>>25063809
truth, depending on your genetics it could be even later. My dad is like 55 but looks no different than he did 20 years ago, same with my grandpa who's 80, he looks better than a lot of my dad's friends.

Before when I was 14/15 people would tell me I looked like I was in my 20s, and I really haven't aged at all in about 20 years.
>>
>>25063673
Thank you. The peripheral seems interesting ill keep it in mind.

One recent series I really liked was the three body problem and its sequel by liu cixin, a Chinese author. If you are interested in first contact you should definitely take a look at it. While the first book is rather straight forward the second one has some really great twists.
>>
>>25062736

Did you go through all the effort to write that, or did you get it from somewhere?
>>
>>25063952

Great! Thanks anon.

That's kind of like a mini- christmas present to me.

Thanks! I look forward to checking it out.
>>
>>25064137
Thank you too anon. Glad to meet cool people with great book taste. Hope you have a great Christmas :)
>>
>>25064274

You too! I'll most certainty do my best =)

It's pretty warm here for this time of year, so it's been a pleasant december thus far.
>>
>>25063169

Maelstrom was better
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.