[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Living in a rural town is the most depressing shit ever >Barely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (690 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
690 KB, 1600x1200
Living in a rural town is the most depressing shit ever
>Barely any jobs above minimum wage
>Walking takes forever
>Almost no places to go for fun
>Finding new people to talk to is nearly impossible
How do people survive in these towns without an hero-ing themselves? I've been living in one for barely 19 years and I desperately want to move to a bigger town.
Anybody else living in a shitty small? Do you plan on leaving?
>>
>>25057567
I would rather be homeless in NYC then live like this m80
>>
>>25057567
If you had grown up in a big city, this would be your dream life.
Grass always greener, I suppose. I'd love to live in a town like that.
>>
>>25057567
When you get older that opinion will change. Use your time to learn a skill.
>>
>>25057567
>wanting to surround yourself with people

You don't belong here.
>>
Rural life kicks ass. I just fuck around in the woods all day when I'm not sitting on my computer.
>>
>>25057604
I can see why you'd think it's nice because of simplicity and how safe it is and all that shit, but it really sucks ass in these types of towns. The repetition and sameness of it all becomes really depressing after a while. In my experinces, at least,
>>
>wanting to talk to people and make friends like a fucking normie instead of just talking to faggots online
>wanting to actually go outside and somewhere for fun

norm, re, etc
>>
>>25057635
>>25057681
These.

There's about 5,000 people in my town and I'm moving to the quieter side to escape them. If I ever develop into a normie, I'll get a car or something to drive to the hospital and get help.
>>
>>25057604
Trust me you're wrong

>go outside
>neighbors horse is shitting in plain view
>there's horse and dog shit literally everywhere
>all my neighbors are crazy rednecks
>trapped inside with parents all the time
>have the same 5 people to hang out with
>tired all day from having nothing to do but cry
>no bus or train
>towns are 30 miles away
>everyone's poor
>don't even have food
>all the houses are broken down
>nothing but dead trees and broken down shacks everywhere

The section 8 niggers have it better there's nothing like this, its like the depression era but it never ends.
>>
>>25057767
I'm not American so I don't recognise your experience of the countryside, but you have my limited robot form of sympathy.
>>
>>25057767
It seems, though, that the real problem is your poverty rather than your city...
Being poor on a big city sucks just as much, and maybe even more since you'll have to deal with the violence os the ghettos.
Being somehow rich or middle class in a rural town must rock for someone who enjoy quietute and nature. It'd fit me perfectly.
>>
>>25057747
>live in town with 16000 people
>doesn't even seem that big, everyone knows everyone
>never see any of them because I stay in my house all day or go to the desert to hike/shoot
>exercise and watch anime on a daily basis at my own leisure
>grocery shop and go to the gym at odd hours of the night and may only see 3 or 4 people in the course of 2 hours

I love life here.
>>
>>25057845
How?!?

If I was poor in a city I could

>probably go to a beach
>take busses and trains everywhere
>at least try to network
>go do hobby shit with other people
>apply to jobs within walking distance
>get cheap food at corner stores
>go to stores at night
>stumble drunk outside and take a train to a random part of the city
>talk to strangers while drunk
>have a reason to walk around
>have cool views and go to the top of sky scrapers

Probably would have a life
>>
>>25057940
this. i turn into a trubo normie when i drink but i am not gonna drive drunk and have one of these hick country cops pull me out of my car and kill me
>>
>>25057845
I disagree.
There would be more job opportunities for me to be less poor. More recreational activities to walk to. Better public transportation if I needed to go farther away in town. More dense number of people, increasing my chances of finding someone I want to be friends with. etc.
>>
>>25058208
>>25057940
Errrr... You don't really belong here then. I think I couldn't write a more normie-core reply even if I tried.
>>
Did you not go to college, m8?
>>
>>25058342
My bad I guess
Reeeeee [insert Pepe meme pic]
>>
>>25058382
Nah I suck at that school learning shit. Then there's the cost of college...>>25058382

Plus I'd have to stick around my annoying family for another couple of years if I did go. No fuckin way going through that shit.
>>
Here's a plan for you , OP

1) Save up some money
2) Take a 2-3 day trip out to NYC, pay for a cheap hotel if you have to or go on AirBNB to get a better deal
3) Network your balls off, hand out resumes, talk with everyone in those days. The goal is to develop friends you can hang with / couchsurf with AND to get a job when you're there.
4) Alternatively, if you find a cheap enough AirBNB place in Queens or whatever, just use that. But still keep networking, it's always good to have friends.
5) Repeat as needed.
6) When you do find something, give your small town the middle finger and walk out of there like a goddamn boss.

I've been thinking that there's no need to actually move out there completely right away, just a series of short stays would be much better and less risky.
>>
>>25058445
Except 4 visits would cost as much as a month of renting there
>>
>>25058585
Well, I don't know the exact numbers, it's been a long while since I've lived in NYC. But one thing that is a benefit of AirBNB is that you don't have to qualify with income like a rental apartment.

Also, couchsurfing can literally cost only a pizza and a 12 pack of beer.

I think it's a pretty good plan
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.