[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd rather die and be free than to continue living as a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Melencolia_I_(Durero).jpg (2 MB, 1152x1455) Image search: [Google]
Melencolia_I_(Durero).jpg
2 MB, 1152x1455
I'd rather die and be free than to continue living as a slave to this miserable world. I refuse to be a pawn in this game. I refuse to be another loser who barely hangs on to the hope of false promises and intangible dreams.

I have lost faith in every institution I once held as dogmatic truth. When I was a child, I thought there was a God and a heaven above us. I thought my government was good and pure. I thought my life would be filled with opportunities and rewards. I thought love was something more than just an evolutionary construct favored toward women. And I thought I had the power to be anything I aspired to be. I've lost faith in everything, including myself.

What is there truly to look forward too? Entropy consumes everything in the end. We fight against a futile battle. All ideas are rendered wrong, just as all life becomes corrupt with cancer and dies.

I want to die. I want to cease to exist, and free myself from this existential torment.
>>
Kill yourself senpai
Original comment
>>
>>25057262

It is inevitable. I would suggest you do the same. Death comes to all. Perhaps it's better to face it on our own terms and prepare for it accordingly than to let it slip into our affairs and interrupt whatever futile dream we are working on.
>>
>>25057250
I'd rather die anytime
>>
>>25057250
>be free
Actually death is permanent imprisonment, and your prison is infinite nonexistence so life is actually freedom.
>>
hurr hurr life's too hard boo hoo
>>
>>25057443

Of human life the time is a point, and the substance is in a flux, and the perception dull, and the composition of the whole body subject to putrefaction, and the soul a whirl, and fortune hard to divine, and fame a thing devoid of judgement. And, to say all in a word, everything which belongs to the body is a stream, and what belongs to the soul is a dream and vapour, and life is a warfare and a stranger's sojourn, and after-fame is oblivion. What then is that which is able to conduct a man? One thing and only one, philosophy. But this consists in keeping the daemon within a man free from violence and unharmed, superior to pains and pleasures, doing nothing without purpose, nor yet falsely and with hypocrisy, not feeling the need of another man's doing or not doing anything; and besides, accepting all that happens, and all that is allotted, as coming from thence, wherever it is, from whence he himself came; and, finally, waiting for death with a cheerful mind, as being nothing else than a dissolution of the elements of which every living being is compounded. But if there is no harm to the elements themselves in each continually changing into another, why should a man have any apprehension about the change and dissolution of all the elements? For it is according to nature, and nothing is evil which is according to nature.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.