[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My tooth aches like a motherfucker. How the fuck do I stop it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: 1407618239540.jpg (75 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1407618239540.jpg
75 KB, 601x601
My tooth aches like a motherfucker. How the fuck do I stop it from hurting?

I can't go to the dentist btw, I literally can't
>>
Brushie brushie those teeth.
>>
File: RussianFeels.png (30 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
RussianFeels.png
30 KB, 645x773
>>25057007
Lots and lots of alcohol.
>>
>>25057183

Best solution.

Get some peppermintoil to.
>>
>>25057007
Give it a week or two and the root will die, then the pain will dissipate, just swirl tcp in your mouth every day and you will be good soon enough.
>>
Didn't you post earlier OP?
>>
>>25057007
Yank that motherfucker out nigga, the pain will only get worse if you dont.
>>
>>25057244
It will stay the same if its not ganggreen, just use antiseptic like mouthwash till the pain is gone OP
>>
testing to see if I'm banned because I'm on a mass shared connection testy test
>>
Get some tooth ache liquid. Not that nasty clove shit. The other stuff. Use Qtip.
>>
go to the dentista
>>
>>25057007
Crush a piece of garlic and place it around the tooth that huts.

I did this when my tooth was hurting and it helped a little bit. It takes the pain away while it is there but later the garlic starts to sting. So you have to do it periodically.

Or man up and rip your tooth out.
>>
Okay, I'm not banned.

So first off OP, why can you "literally" not go to the dentist?
If it's a money thing, there are emergency dentists.
If it's a fear thing, you're going to have to decide what's worse - the pain you're experiencing right now (which sounds like a root infection btw, it's seriously some of the worst pain you can experience), or a very short, very quick, painless extraction which will annihilate the problem for good.

I've had multiple infections in my wisdom teeth before having them all extracted so I know how agonising and utterly miserable the pain is. Here are some things you can do to remedy it.

First, you need antibiotics immediately, probably going to be Amoxicillin. If you can get to an A&E they'll likely write you a prescription then and there. If it's an infection what's going to happen is the root of your tooth will continue to fester until it eventually dies, which is even is more painful by the way, it's happened to me. If you leave there's a chance the healthy teeth near the tooth can succumb to infection and then it won't just be one tooth that's btfo it'll be multiple ones.

Stop eating on whatever side of your mouth the pain is occurring on, just avoid placing any pressure on the tooth whatsoever.

Cont.
>>
A warm environment will stimulate blood flow to the area and reduce pain so get your room nice and hot, fill a cup of very hot water, as hot as you can bear, and swish it around your mouth.

You can take ibuprofen with paracetamol with codeine altogether with zero interactions so if you have any of those kicking around take the maximum dose immediately, with a bit of food. In my experience this combination obliterates the pain in around 20 minutes. Codeine you don't need to take a maximum dosage of as there's evidence that anything past 30mg is ineffective at further pain relief and only makes it more likely to cause problems.
DO NOT GO BEYOND THE MAXIMUM DOSAGE WITHIN THE 4 HOUR WINDOW NO MATTER HOW DESPERATE YOU ARE.

If any shops/pharmacies are open go immediately and request something called "clove oil". It's a natural; dental pain remedy that stinks to high heaven and makes you drool like crazy, but it's amazingly effective. On top of that try to look for for a product called orajel w/ benzocaine. It numbs the effected area and reduces pain.

Swish your mouth with hot, salty water. Salt can stave off infection and purifies an area.

Do you have a hot water bottle? Again with the warm temperature thing, you need to get the veins opened up and blood flowing to the area. If you don't have a hot water bottle, well once I was so desperate I grabbed a condom, unwrapped it, washed it with soap to get rid of the lube and then filled it with very hot water from a tap. It serves as an excellent temporary water bottle. Hold against the affected area.

Also OP if this IS an infection, you need to get it treated ASAP. Don't forget tooth infections can actually kill you if the infection travels to your heart.
>>
>>25057244

You know if you have a tooth infection pulling it out can kill you.

This is why dentists normally won't touch a troubled tooth until a course of antibiotics have been administered.
OP needs antibiotics immediately and then he needs to get that shit extracted. If it's an infection the tooth is probably not salvageable at this point.
>>
It depends on why it's hurting. Toothache caused by a simply decaying tooth fades as the nerves seem to die off.

If you've got an abscess in the root though that's going to require some medication. If you yank it with an infection it can just complicate matters and trying to pull it yourself, depending on the state of the tooth or those around it, can also cause complications.

If you do yank it out ffs make sure you let it bleed and clot, don't smoke or drink through a straw for a couple of days. Dry socket fucking terrifies me.

I get you on the not wanting to go man, that's why I let mine get as bad as it did before going.
>>
You faggots need to stop telling OP to extract his own tooth. If that shit is infected he could die.
>>
>>25057007
That's your only option, retard

Go to a dentist
>>
>>25057631
>Extract tooth
>Root es exposed
>Pour rubbing alcohol
Bam. No more infection.
>>
Ignore it until it goes away, that's what I do.

Unless your face starts swelling, then go to the dentist or you'll probably die eventually
>>
>>25057529
Or yeah, what this guy said, he's been through it too and put it far more eloquently than I did
>>
>shattered tooth
>constant aching
>can't stop grinding teeth
>headaches and fatigue

fuck i just want to chop my head off right now.
>>
>>25057650

No you colossal fool the infection can travel from the newly exposed root into the blood stream and directly to the heart.

Don't try to fucking dispense medical advice when you don't understand shit about organic physiology.

>>25057659

>guy

:^)

N-not all women are bad s-see

But yeah, OP, I truly do sympathise. I've had 4 infections in my life, the pain is indescribable, they drive you to the border of your sanity.
When I used to get them I would walk around my room almost sobbing and throwing myself against my walls because the pain was that bad.

You need to get to an A&E and get some antibiotics asap and see a dentist after you've finished your course.
If you feel you can't go to your dentist because you're afraid, I have a phobia too. Tooth extraction isn't pleasant but if you have an infection then the tooth is probably not able to be rescued and it needs to come out. You need to think about how good it will feel once they numb the area and the pain fades in seconds, and then in less than a minute the tooth will be gone and you'll never suffer again.

The swishing very hot water around your mouth thing is actually really good though, although temporary. Just get a cup and keep it at your desk and try to keep yourself distracted and keep refilling it when the water cools. It's really important you get circulating through the area.

Do you have any topical numbing creams around your house like emla cream or something with lidocaine? It's not really recommend but you CAN apply those to your gum/tooth if you're desperate.
>>
>>25057811

>almost sobbing

Typo because not even almost sobbing, legit walking around my room wailing in pain and despair and clawing at my face. The pain is awful.
>>
>>25057007
i had the same thing, try vanilla extract if you have it. helped me :3
>>
OP here, thanks to this thread I fought my fear of dentists and went to the dentist. He said I need to have root canal treatment. I will go again tomorrow.

I am so fucking scared bros but it also hurts so fucking much ;_;
>>
>>25058517
Take a mouthfull of water and hold it over the fucky tooth. No air to it, no pain.
>>
>>25058517

Good job OP, I am really proud of you.

btw I'm the 4 infection girl again. I just want you to know I've also had a root canal before and it's completely painless, the only pain you will experience is the sharp nip of when the needle goes in to anaesthetise the area and that's it.

Root canal is a pretty long procedure though, around 30-40 minutes and there's a lot of spoopy sounds and shit and shit so it that kind of stuff unnerves you bring earphones with you with some nice, relaxing music. It's not the pleasant, but it's better than the pain right?

That being said if you need root canal, it's because there's a wide area of your tooth that's been compromised.
Root canal is the last treatment available before extraction, kind of a last ditch attempt. I don't know if you know what it involves but basically they drill out most of your tooth and fill the gap with an enormous, tooth-shaped filling. It's not aesthetically pleasing, but hey it's better than no tooth at all right?

With every root canal does come a potential for failure though, though small. I got unlucky and mine failed and the infection returned so I just decided, fuck it, take the bastard out, but I got a bridge the fill the gap after, which is basically a fake ceramic tooth they glue to the sides of the other two teeth. No problemo.

A lot of dentists usually just go straight for extraction because they're lazy and can't be fucked with the effort, but if your dentist offered you root canal they're probably a pretty decent person.

Did they give you anything for pain btw?
>>
>>25059100
Thank you. I don't know why I'm so scared of dentists but I just am. I hope it goes as well as you say, I wonder if I will be able to eat after the procedure though. The dentist also said I need to have my wisdom teeth removed but it wasn't as urgent so I said fuck it to that, I'll deal with that years later.

>Did they give you anything for pain btw?

nope but it hurts a bit less now. I need to suck it up until tomorrow.
>>
the best fix for a toothache is drinking a couple beers
>>
>>25057007
What a stupid autistic faggot. Have fun with your disgusting mouth rot cause you're too much of a sperg to a) brush your teeth and b) go to the dentist
>>
>>25059207

It's okay, I'm 24 and I'm absolutely petrified of them.
I used to not even be able to walk into the building a dentist without having a panic attack. It's a totally dumb, irrational fear, I totally, totally get you so well done.

You should be really proud that you've gone and taken the first step towards getting this sorted. Just think about the relief you're going to feel once it's over tomorrow, and you know actually that little bit of experience with the dentist will really help with your phobia long term.

Regarding the wisdom teeth thing, do they need to be extracted because they're impacted? I'm just asking because if that's the case, I would really, really recommend you not ignore that for years and arrange to have them removed as soon as you can. I say that because my lower wisdom teeth came in impacted and I ignored them, and they caused overcrowding of my lower jaw and and the pressure created cavities in the sides of my molars where the wisdom teeth were pushing against them.

Eventually the pressure was too much and one cracked, and that got infected a few days later which was agony. Mine are coming out under GA a few days after Christmas but now I need braces to correct my lower jaw's overcrowding and fillingsin the two molars that got rekt.

You don't have to take my advice, but... I wish somebody had told me this year ago. I don't want you to suffer the same problems. A little discomfort now will save you a lot of misery in the future.

I would personally not recommend eating for the rest of the day, but honestly you probably will just want to go home and sleep anyway, you'll probably be psychologically exhausted.

Good luck OP, I know it's scary but I promise you'll be fine and it'll be over before you can say Moots a faggot x

>>25059302

He can't take painkillers if he does that.
>>
>in this thread the nicest, most helpful person turns out to be a female
>on /r9k/
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.