[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /smart but lazy/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 14
File: Happy_Frog.jpg (52 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
Happy_Frog.jpg
52 KB, 499x499
Who /smart but lazy/ here?
>>
but not really
>>
File: stupid_pepe.jpg (24 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
stupid_pepe.jpg
24 KB, 385x385
I'm lazy and stupid, best combination. Also I get a "hello fellow kids" vibe from this shitpost, saged.
>>
>>25056747
>smart but lazy/
do you mean slightly above average with no work ethic? that's everyone here
>>
>>25056799
Yeppp.... Pretty much.
Discipline was always my sore spot. I knew it when I was younger too. It was one of the reasons why I wanted to join the military in high school but then I fell ill for a few years and that shut the lid on that possibility.
>>
>>25056747
I got A's in Maths and English at school, then just fucked up A levels and Uni by thinking they would be as easy as normal school. Currently a depressed NEET not even looking for a job.
>>
>>25056747

Ugh reporting in :( My professors keep hassling me to publish my work, they need to stop tbeh
>>
File: reog3i.jpg (22 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
reog3i.jpg
22 KB, 367x500
>>25056747
>I am mentally ill
>>
Lazy and stupid here.

I used to get good grades when I was a kid but that doesn't mean shit. Didn't mean to make that rime btw.
>>
>tfw you actually are this meme
>have had my IQ tested 3 times in a professional setting and it was over 130 every time
>you are still a lazy depressed failure
>>
>>25056747
I am really good at math, but failed out of engineering a couple years ago because of weed and degeneracy. I failed another program after that, never finished a single course but took two semesters. Got 7 f's. Now I'm in a bio program at the university but I left it to last minute to study for exam and did bad, not sure if I'll be going back in the winter. I don't know what to do.
>>
I'm smart and moderately hardworking.
>>
>>25056949

130 isn't anything special mate. Most "normal" people are in the 120s. It's the drugged up poor trash with malnutrition that drag the average down.
>>
>>25057780
>i don't understand statistics or standard deviation
>>
> well above average intelligence as a kid
> autistic as fuck

> now a mid 20s adult
> slightly above average intelligence but nothing special
> not autistic, but only basic social skills now
>>
File: 1450109896980.jpg (116 KB, 668x712) Image search: [Google]
1450109896980.jpg
116 KB, 668x712
>breezed through 3 years pure math degree(I'm europoor we have a 3 year "undergrad" program plus 2 year specialization) studying less than 3 hours a day
>start grad program in engineering maths because muh jobs meme
>lose interest since it's applied shit with no pure math autism to keep me entertained
>I haven't opened a book in two months, just shitpost all day here and go to bed at 4am
I haven't even cleaned my room in a month by now, fuck me I can't escape this cycle and might fail the next exam session.
>>
>>25057780
I don't think I'm special, but I do have an above average IQ (higher than 98% of the population). It's just that IQ is entirely useless without hard work or talent or anything else at all to back it up.
>>
Intelligence takes effort, it comes with education, not necessarily formal education, but just experiencing and learning things. I'm a very lazy person, and I find that as I get older I'm becoming less intelligent than my peers because of my laziness, sure I have a high IQ which actually makes my incapabilities less excusable because it would be easier than the average person for me to be smart/successful. But I do not try, so I just am for all intents and purposes dumber. Being high IQ with no motivation is like having a lot of currency in a country that doesn't accept that currency, it is useless.
>>
Indifferent by now reminder that smart people who claim to be stupid out of cowardice (refusal of responsibility) and false modesty (compliment fishing) also insult legitimately stupid people, for whom, disenfranchised out of the term 'stupid', there is no longer even a term.
>>
>>25057972
Also.

I know that by this point, probably a dozen of posters has expressed in this thread this literally harmful misconception of yours as well, but let me reply to you alone:

'IQ is meaningless if you don't put it to use' is like saying 'compassion is worthless if you don't put it to use' or 'honesty is worthless if you don't put it to use'. I wish you gave it a thought, but I know so well you won't.
>>
>>25058041

Stupid is relative, I don't think anyone here is straight up mentally challenged, but I surround myself with people who are legitimately more intelligent than I am, so in my group I am the dumb one. Sure, maybe in another group I'd be the smart one, but I'm not.
>>
>>25058103
'I-I didn't mean that I'm stupid, I meant I'm stupid relative to my surroundings, that's all I meant, I swear!'

Sophistry is one of the few things worse than cowardice.
>>
>>25056747
if you think you are smart you are automatically dumb.
>>
>>25058085
"A capacity for compassion", but none in practice would in fact be useless, wouldn't it? It has value in theory, but none in the real world. Someone who is totally capable of being honest, but doesn't do so is as bad as someone who just can't tell the truth. And in a way if someone has the capability to be compassionate, or smart, but doesn't is much worse than the person who simply can not. I do think laziness is a much bigger internal issue than people give it credit for, and " just get off your ass" is easier said than done.
>>
File: 1362062666949.jpg (43 KB, 371x409) Image search: [Google]
1362062666949.jpg
43 KB, 371x409
Anyone who says this is full of shit in my eyes. Its also like whenever anyone is a "self proclaimed niceguy". its just a self justification for your own shitty actions. You tell yourself its okay you're a bum because "i'm really smart" but in reality your just a dumb bum. if you're as smart as you say then fucking prove it for once. you don't even have to go out and do anything just post a screencap of that "high IQ" you always brag about.

If you don't you're just another lying dimwit who is fooling themselves and not a single other person.
>>
>>25058185
>You tell yourself its okay you're a bum because "i'm really smart" but in reality your just a dumb bum.
Nice projection.
>>
>>25058125
That's all anyone means when they say they are stupid. "Stupid by comparison". I know less than the people I deal with.
>>
File: 1450135332726.jpg (10 KB, 271x269) Image search: [Google]
1450135332726.jpg
10 KB, 271x269
>>25058165
such modesty, upvoted
>>
>>25058085
this
It's such an easy concept but post-edgy memelords have to make it complicated.
Having a high IQ is like having a powerful computer, nothing stops you from playing just minefield with it while someone with a slower computer runs simulations for some important scientific topic or whatever. It's still a faster computer even if it's wasted.
>>
>>25058182
You don't get it. Of course you don't get it.

You are a coward, so you instinctively want to denigrate the term 'intelligence', to imply that it is worthless (to, again, reject the responsibility to put it to use, and not to have to defend the concept in the present anti-intellectual climate) -- and so you grasp at connotations wherethrough to imply so much. So you -- normies do this intuitively, somehow -- come up with the tautological phrase that 'intelligence is worthless if it doesn't come up with the things it usually comes with (namely, creativity, honesty, being helpful, productivity, knowledge, ...)'. This is banally true, but at the same time does the exact things you set out to achiveve -- connotes the crucial part, '*intelligence is worthless* if it...', as well as obscures the vast predictive power of IQ. You are a coward who sacrifices the good of the society for his comfort.
>>
>>25058165
This is a meme dumb people invented to defend themselves.
>>
File: 1426894925174.jpg (15 KB, 163x224) Image search: [Google]
1426894925174.jpg
15 KB, 163x224
>>25056747
>smart but lazy
>kicked out of uni for not doing work and failing classes
>>
>>25058280
I don't even mean that, I mean that IQ predicts not only educational and occupational and social success, artistic ability, episodic memory, and so on, but EVEN MORE OBJECTIVELY positive outcomes such being less prone to accidents, health, longevity, and so on. Which the coward intentionally obscures by his 'oh, if we artificially, dumbly consider IQ "in itself", severed from all that, then it is meaningless! it is utterly meaningless!'. Strictly the 'what have the Romans done for us' sketch.
>>
>>25058185
I really don't like when people lump others into a single category. Like "all people who claim to be smart are actually dumb", or " people who take drugs are just losers who rely on big pharma because they're big babies" etc. Sure, in some cases maybe it is a dimwitted person chalking their failure up to "laziness", but " I'm intelligent, but my depression sucks the motivation out of me" is a legitimate issue. I'm intelligent, but I have ADD. So, I know a little about a lot of stuff because I spend too much time on something before my brain decides it is completely done with it. People are different, with different issues.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 512x342) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 512x342
>>25058303
found the dumbass
>>
>>25058412
I have always openly admitted to my IQ.
>>
For being so smart, i don't want to do anything, just die.
>>
>>25058303
I think you're confusing "get it" with "agree with me". A state of the art cell phone that's software is so corrupted that it is rendered unusable is nothing more than a shiny paper weight. Sure, maybe the phone's wiring could be studied, and that would be of use, and maybe the phone could be fixed, and THEN it would be of use. But at the end of the day the phone was made in a factory with a million other phones, and it is more pragmatic just to pick up one that does work.
>>
>>25058227
The only distribution with respect to which the terms smart and stupid are to be is the national (possibly global). Don't backpedal.
>>
>>25058500
Now you are just repeating yourself pretending not to have understood my point; no matter, perhaps someone else will. Perhaps.
>>
>>25056747
> never have difficulty in school
> as a result have no work ethic
> now I'm a loser NEET

Every couple of months I get back into coding, but I stop after about a week because it takes too long to learn.
>>
File: 1449355288576.jpg (15 KB, 201x247) Image search: [Google]
1449355288576.jpg
15 KB, 201x247
The easiest way to identify tumblrers/redditors/facebook shits I think is to look for people who, even on an anomalous hyena training tips forum, need to make sure they are coming out as extremely modest, as if they would normally need to do in any environment where their post are connected to an identity to avoid normies chimping out on them for being even slightly pretentious without the approval of the social circle.

The intelligence bashing is the easiest one. Everyone on the normie internet is implicitly required to consider himself of average intelligence at best and only other people have the social power to confer him a higher status, which even in that case must be kept under maximum modesty.
>>
>>25058540
8/10 post. Brief and to the point.
>>
File: 1443821781324.jpg (355 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
1443821781324.jpg
355 KB, 1920x1040
Laziness is an actual unclassified disease, much like ADHD/ADD/dyslexia was decades ago
>>
>>25058530
No, what I'm saying is that intelligence in and of itself does have value, just like the make up of a computer, it is what got us out of the jungle after all. But have someone has a high IQ in a vacuum, what really sets them apart from the guy who didn't learn anything because he couldn't ? Both at the end of the day know nothing. Intelligence is the most important thing in the world, it is what makes everything else work. So, don't think that I devalue intelligence. Maybe there's an illiterate out there who could write the most beautiful poetry if he could only write. To be intelligent, but put nothing forth makes the intelligence of value to no one except ones own ego.
>>
who /dumbandatotalfailureatlife/ here?
>>
>>25058686
A hammer is useless until it finds a nail.
>>
>>25056747
I look like smart but I'm stupid and lazy.
People every time say to me "oh, you look like a scientist or something"

postimg org/image/mwq1pg0xv
>>
>>25058686
Just stop repeating yourself. Or, in fact, no, wait, I just understood. You are repeating yourself precisely to hammer your sophistry into other readers' heads, even more prominently in the face of my elucidation of it ('if he is lalala'ing his pseudopoint nonetheless, this means he really must believe it').

Just with a sprinkle of safe backpedalling, concessions that 'intelligence is totally valuable', after I have called you out on your anti-intellectualism.
>>
>>25058686
In other words, your sophistry is purest connotation game. 'Intelligence is important yeah yeah whatever, but alas it cannot blossom without EFFORT and MOTIVATION and THIS and THAT and THAT'. Everything you can so to keep people from realizing the predictive power of IQ, and instead talk about effort and motivation and work ethics and so on. Because every mention of importance of IQ reminds you uncomfortably of the ethical necessity to explain it to people, to explain that not only is it the single most evolutionarily adaptive trait of all, it also makes people more honest, more moral, and so on.
>>
>>25058686
Instead, you are just safely, securely partaking in populist tautologies: by stressing motivation, you're telling people what they have always wanted to hear, 'everyone can be successful (a sufficiently vague term) if they only apply EFFORT'. Safe and cowardly.
>>
>>25056747
I may be an autodidact but I won't say I'm smart.

Apparently intelligence is reserved for those people who have a piece of paper to prove it. This world is gay, sometimes.
>>
File: 1399855034240.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1399855034240.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
>tfw too intelligent and not lazy enough for gf
>>
>>25058313
its more like a physical law you cannot break;
>>
>implying IQ is not a meme
>>
Credit average despite studying a day before every final (without looking at 75% of lectures and lecture slides) for two semesters, I know im going to fail soon though.

No incentive to really tryhard, my life is miserable and only getting worse anyway...reflecting back on my life thus far I probably wont be able to get a job after graduating
>>
>>25056747
I used to be smart but lazy, now I'm just stupid and lazy.
>>
File: 1408207902214.png (127 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
1408207902214.png
127 KB, 2048x2048
>>25059272
same 2bh
years of video games and shitposting has reduced me to a hollow, brainless husk
>>
Half of us
The other half are stupid and lazy
>>
>>25059110
shhhhhh you'll upset them
>>
>>25059716
>>25059110
If claimers of that's arguments are 'but but but it is possible to study for a test!...', you don't really need to take them seriously.
>>
I'm a fag i'm a fag

This is a test this is a test

I'm a fag i'm a fag

This is a test this is a test
>>
When I was younger I thought I was really smart but lazy, then as I got older I just realised I was stupid and lazy.

Or maybe I was just to lazy to learn and never developed.

Whatever, I'm going to bed.
>>
File: 1448636117301.png (29 KB, 486x88) Image search: [Google]
1448636117301.png
29 KB, 486x88
>>25059110
>>25059716
DIDF pls go
>>
mfw could have accomplished more but only do minimum amount of work required because i don't see the point in putting in more effort

feels bittersweet desu
>>
>learned to read before any other child
>never made any spelling mistakes, while other kids couldn't recognize "fan" from "fun"
>learned the concept of fractions and negatives while other kids would cry cause they couldn't understand addition
>understood the concept of infinity while other kids would think that 100 or 1000 was the highest number
>could name over 100 countries on the world map while other kids couldn't even point their own
>could argue with adults on several subjects
i was smart as a kid ok? i just became very awkward as i got into puberty and was isolated. i started browsing the net for many hours as escapism. then i found 4chan.
>>
>>25056747
It's my curse, it's my fucking curse. Take the ears off, please! Take them off!
>>
>>25060361
I think i was pretty much the same.
Smart as a kid but then never got challenged.
Even none of my friends is on my level i think,
but i m too lazy to look for som interesting guys
>>
I got As in all my tests, but that was only because I have a really good memory(Yay autism), I could just remember all the formulas for maths and science, and all the writing techniques for English

But I'm basically retarded, I lack basic logic functions
>>
>>25061708
And more of the same.

'No true logic!!!'

It is pretty hilarious to see no true Scotsman in the negative: 'no true intelligence/logic/rationality is mine'.
>>
File: tmp_11530-trenchcoat-1725777532.png (284 KB, 495x337) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11530-trenchcoat-1725777532.png
284 KB, 495x337
>I'm above average in intelligence
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.