[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw people call me edgy, as if to assume that I'm acting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1449758100832.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449758100832.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
>mfw people call me edgy, as if to assume that I'm acting pretentious and am being insincere, when in reality I'm %100 serious.
Where does the line between edgy pretentiousness and legitimacy begin?
>>
it doesn't begin
>>
>>25056647

pretty edgy, OP
>>
>>25056665
>>25056704
thanks guys. I guess I have ass burger or something.

Normies think you have to be %100 empathetic and nice and happy all the time, and use "edgy" to shame people who aren't, and that's stupid
>>
>>25056818
what type of things are you saying to them?
What is the topic?
If you're talking about how you'd kill someone then it's pretty edgy or or going into detail on how much you don't care.

Being pessimistic isn't edgy nor is being sad or tired. Nihilism can be edgy depending on how you present it.i.e. IN THE END IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER vs things don't have an intrinsic value
>>
File: 1374546972591.jpg (43 KB, 418x538) Image search: [Google]
1374546972591.jpg
43 KB, 418x538
>tfw scary face and can't be edgy or people call the police
>>
>>25056995
in the end it doesn't even matter, though, regardless how hard you tried or how far you got.

"edgy" like you said is okay depending on whether you present it sincerely or pretentiously, but really its just a buzzword for "that offends me but instead of acting offended I'm going to act above you and shame you."
>>
Remember these are just words, the implications of your arguments should be examined independently of any name calling, which is never a legitimate argument.

Who cares if you are edgy? If it gets results, if it makes sense, then thats what others will think about you, and you know that before you espouse your beliefs, but your beliefs aren't right or wrong by some insult.
>>
>assume that I'm acting pretentious and am being insincere

No, you can be sincere and edgy at the same time. It's called being a fucking retard.
>>
>>25057170
wow that's edgy for me lighten up bro haha love life
>>
>>25056647
more knowledge and experience than you have is required to assess that point obvi since you can't do it
>>
>>25057097
i have ass burgers and even im not this much of an edge lord
>>
If someone calls you edgy and has nothing else to say about the subject, just ignore them. If they had a better counterargument they'd use it.
>>
>>25057097
>in the end it doesn't even matter, though
But it does to some people
Just because something doesn't have an objective value it doesn't mean you can't have your own subjective values about something.
i.e. charms & memoirs, media, hobbies

>that offends me but instead of acting offended I'm going to act above you and shame you
no it means you are being overly dark or offensive, when it isn't needed, just for the sake of appearing cool.

>>25057334
is also correct in some circumstances as the word can be used to avoid topics they don't feel comfortable discussing or have no knowledge on
>>
>>25057512
>no it means you are being overly dark or offensive, when it isn't needed, just for the sake of appearing cool.
disregard that I suck cocks
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.