[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Like you, I own a computer. That means that I have; >A library
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1438650084596.png (869 KB, 753x706) Image search: [Google]
1438650084596.png
869 KB, 753x706
Like you, I own a computer. That means that I have;

>A library with every book ever written
>A jukebox that plays every song
>A movie theater with every movie
>A game console that plays every game
>A burlesque parlor that caters to every fetish
>I can watch the news in realtime
>I can talk with people in foreign lands anywhere on the globe

And yet I'm still bored and depressed. I feel like a king who owns a thousand court jesters and finds none of them amusing.
>>
>>25055892
You are probably like this because there is no work or strenuous activity in your life. You must know pain to understand pleasure.
>>
Maybe you should look beyond the internet and actually find an irl hobby, like a social sport club
>>
>>25055925
My loneliness and existence in general is a pain in the ass, so when I play games, watch movies/shows, jerk off, read, or listen to music I can always draw upon the fact that I live in this hell hole to further enjoy myself in solitude. Not OP btw, and you sound like the typical normie who lives by the bullshit slogan "work hard, play hard".
>>
>>25055935
>a social sport club
>kicking around a ball with a bunch of chavs solves existential depression
>>
>>25055964
>and you sound like the typical normie who lives by the bullshit slogan "work hard, play hard".

>Normies today wasting 50K (getting their parents) in debt for a college loan to work at mcdonalds and live degenerate normie lives, always acting entitled and lazy.

>Getting into hobbies like programming or art, manual labour, and challenging yourself with tasks to better yourself.

One is not like the other.

When I started my job as an electrician I noticed life was simply better, I enjoyed the things more that I previously liked and life was definitely 'worth it'.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not a depressed person, just very numb. Rarely get happy or sad, so by investing my energy into tasks like these it can weigh the scales down.
>>
File: bored.jpg (82 KB, 427x599) Image search: [Google]
bored.jpg
82 KB, 427x599
>>25055892
follow the way of slaanesh, when pleasure gets boring move on to pain
>>
File: 5.jpg (103 KB, 750x1050) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
103 KB, 750x1050
You lack direction and purpose in your life.
>>
>>25055925
This is example A everyone
A common normie delusion that working makes you happy
No, your LIFE is just good, it has nothing to do with you working.
Quit being self righteous
>>
>>25056136
>He believes in Luciferian values and probably doesn't even know it.

Have fun you Hedonist. Deus Vult.
>>
>>25056162
>Implying everyone wouldn't stop working if we had robots doing everything for us
You realize....that you are retarded, right?
And I'm a hedonist in the most strict sense of the word, and at the end of the day, if you make people be honest about, EVERYONE is.
I'm not even gonna respond to you saying i believe in luciferian values because idk wtf you are talking about.
>>
>>25055892
Go camping inawoods near you for the night, get drunk and build yourself a fire.

When you come back you will at least know you can build yourself a fire if you need too
>>
>>25056225
>Implying everyone wouldn't stop working if we had robots doing everything for us

>Implying the majority of the population knows what's right for them

Why do you think we have Religion, Government, and society itself? Because we'd all devolve into hedonistic and sinful activities that will lead to our eventual death.
>>
>>25055892
>>A library with every book ever written
>>A jukebox that plays every song
>>A movie theater with every movie
>>A game console that plays every game
>>A burlesque parlor that caters to every fetish

None of these are true.
>>
>>25056297
>>>A library with every book ever written

Try libraryofbabel.info

also look up vsause if you are bored, it's not that bad desu senpai
>>
>>25056273
>implying hedonism=sinful activity where others harm others
>>
You sound like a wagekek desu senpai. You should try being a neet and doing something good and productive for once in your life. Maybe try getting started on some projects. I'm never bored. Even when Internet cuts out or power is down I still have so much to do.
>>
>>25056368
>Hedonistic AND sinful
>AND

You can do better than this.
>>
>>25056308
But nobody has found jack shit in it besides exact matches of what they search for, mixed in the middle of either random words or random letters.
Why doesn't someone make a program that would go through it and only take out books that had complete sentences?
Even then, however, it would take a lifetime to find something that made any sense.
I bet you that there is a program going on right now that is trying to make an AI that will take out books that make sense from this "library of babel".
>>
>>25055925
not true at all you just-world normie.

In high school I could go through an anime a week and several albums. All while playing MW2, EU3 and Sky rim.

Now I bought a PS3 and 3 games which I never really played. $150 right there. Then I bought a PS4 a membership and 2 games, $450 right there. So I basically wasted $600.

I work 50 hours a day and all I do do with the 3-4 measly hours I have when I get off work is shitpost and listen to random songs on YouTube.

Wagecuckery fucking sucks, I feel like a fucking zombie.
>>
>>25056297
It's not literally true but it may as well be.
>>
>>25056383
I can, but posting on 4chan always makes me defensive and see others implying all sorts of things.
>>
>>25056422
Could be fun, but i want a sex robot with a working cunt before that comes out
>>
>>25056447
You're letting the ambient pride emanating from the majority of other posters possess you, friend.
>>
>>25056424
I never said materialism is happiness.

I have two questions for you:
1. Do you enjoy your profession / would you prefer another one?

2. I agree in a sense that overworking is much worse than underworking, do you think that is the problem and that if you achieved the proper balance it would be more symbiotic?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.