[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else here hates driving? As a teen, it was the number one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1406248015414s.jpg (6 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1406248015414s.jpg
6 KB, 250x241
Who else here hates driving?

As a teen, it was the number one thing I wanted to do when I became an adult. Now that I've had my driving license for only a few months, it's the most tedious thing I've done in my life. It feels like a chore or a second job, it's so boring. Anyone else feel this way?
>>
>>25053126
>As a teen, it was the number one thing I wanted to do when I became an adult
Why though? Yeah everyone in high school wanted to drive because they wanted to go do normie shit but that wasn't for me. Driving would just be a way to get to work.

If you live in a city big enough for driving to be a second job just take the bus, it's much better for sanity.
>>
I generally enjoy driving

I even drive this forklift at work that's kinda like a car.
>>
>>25053193
I didn't care about normie shit, but driving would give me the freedom I needed. I'd still spend most of my time at home, like I do now, but when I actually gained the motivation to go somewhere new and fresh for a while, I'd be able to.
>>
File: mercedes1.jpg (953 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
mercedes1.jpg
953 KB, 2048x1536
>>25053126
>Hates driving
What the fuck are you, a woman?

>Not loving the feeling of being wrapped in the comfy, cozy interior of the car

>Not loving the feeling of playin whatever music you like and just sitting back and relaxing.

>Not appreciating the time you have for yourself, just you and your car, and the relieveing seclusion from the world around you it provides.

>Not using the time during your commute when you're all by yourself to contemplate and to think about serious stuff in life

You're literally doing it wrong.
Pic related.
>>
>>25053126
Move to NYC just use the money from car payments and insurance and tack it on rent

900 dollars a month for a small room but trains at every corner
>>
>>25053126
I hate driving so much, only because of other drivers.

Literally all you have to do is drive 10 over the speed limit, and stay in your lane. If everyone did this, you could just zone out while driving and it wouldn't be so bad.

>people insist on driving 20-30 over and weave through traffic, making others wary
>old people drive 10 below the speed limit making others have to change lanes and go around them
>niggers talk on their phones and drive inbetween two lanes
>>
File: 1418859016940.gif (2 MB, 316x213) Image search: [Google]
1418859016940.gif
2 MB, 316x213
I don't really hate driving but it's the things it reminds me of
>never drive other than to get food, go to the grocery store
>will never have an interesting life where I'm not a shut in and always go somewhere new everyday
>always have anxiety of my future and self reflect when driving
>don't even know how to navigate
>>
>>25054214
this
I hate driving because I fucking hate people and giving every fucking retard control of a 10 ton death machine is ridiculous
>>
>>25054240
>I hate driving because I fucking hate people and giving every fucking retard control of a 10 ton death machine is ridiculous

since when the fuck is every car around you weighting at 10 tons?

nigga do you live in iraq?
>>
I love driving, but I live in a rural area where traffic isn't a problem.
>>
Driving is my number one source of anxiety. Haven't driven for over a year and a half.

I got my license and just stopped doing it, because I was so bad at it. It's pretty embarrasing at this point, so I usually just tell people I don't have license...
>>
both my job and volunteer job require me to drive all over the place from one person to the next. plus i'm always late. every time i pull up to a light that's just turning red i scream and curse at it. i did that yesterday with both my windows open and an unmarked cop car turned its siren on right behind me. no lights, just the sound. then it started honking. i was looking around but couldn't see any lights but the siren was loud. so i pulled up a little and mister police man was right behind me it turned out, and he went out into the intersection. ha ha you read that.
>>
>>25054263
>nigga do you live in iraq?

pickup trucks are 6000-10000 pounds, SUV's are 5000-8000 pounds. I live in Canada and you need these to survive the winter roads.
>>
>>25054214
once i was texting, going about 45 in the left lane (not a highway). an african-american gentleman pulled up even with me. i looked over and he just shook his head. like baka style. i mouthed "sorry" and put the phone away. it was so cool how he was able to communicate his emotions so clearly while we were enclosed in separate vehicles driving parallel at 45 mph. THUS PROVING that it's white niggers like me who use our phones while driving and black african-americans who have to police us. it's the black man's burden.
>>
>>25054327
10 tons is 20,000 pounds. are you saying that you have to drive 2 pickup trucks at a time? that's too much snow, you should move.
>>
>>25054037
>autotragic car
>pretends to love driving
Kekeridoo
>>
I didnt like driving. For me, it was just an extra burden to drive a long distance point a to b. So, gave up my long commute to work by getting a local (though lower paying) job, got a bike, and now bike to work. Bike has way less maintenence costs, and im not paying tons for insurance. The only con is winter and biking in it.
>>
Anyone else here completely terrified of driving? I've been in four car accidents in my life, and a month ago I got hit buy a car from behind while walking home from work.
>>
>>25054364
>nigger sockpuppeting
Stop trying to cover up you trying to make a drug deal while driving.
>>
>>25054378
was expecting a ton to be 1000 pounds like the metric tonne not another arbitrary number like 2240

>American measurement systems
>>
>>25054427
A ton is 2,000 in NA.
>>
>>25053126
I bet you have automatic transmission. Get a manual, then it becomes fun.
>>
>>25054427
Fuck that's funny
>>
>>25054427
use kg then you faggot. don't incorrectly use one system and then whine about it.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.