[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is it so hard?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 300x200
why is it so hard?
>>
File: 1349562727743.gif (938 KB, 250x197) Image search: [Google]
1349562727743.gif
938 KB, 250x197
i don't know dude

i hate it
>>
Because you have assburgers
>>
When a teacher is talking to the class and looks you in the eye should you maintain contact?
>>
Right? It feels like they can see everything about you or are challenging you.
Fucking scary.
>>
>>25053116
Sure. It's respectful to look at the person speaking.
>>
File: jgIL93s.jpg (187 KB, 1632x918) Image search: [Google]
jgIL93s.jpg
187 KB, 1632x918
I feel like they are judging me. Plus, I notice the little movements their eyes make, reading my face and finding all of my flaws. Fuck all that
>>
Is it just us hat find it hard? Do normies and chads find it to be easy? I hate it so much when I have to look someone in the eye. I feel like I'm about to die when I do.
>>
>>25052988
Because they can see it in your eyes. All the depravity. All your insecurities. They see. They know.
>>
File: image.png (22 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
image.png
22 KB, 645x773
I don't have a problem with keeping eye contact at all. People just kinda look scared when we make eye contact. I'm trying to work on looking more approachable.
>>
>>25053156
Just look back without really staring back. Like, shifting your focus to a wider range. And you can have little breaks, looking at objects next to the person for like a second while talking without breaking the flow of conversation. Only stare like a retard at them if they do it first.
>>
>>25052988
I was bullied in kindergarten because I would blank stare right into the person's eyes.

I made a girl cry once, and people started to say I was scary, then one religious kid said I was possessed and it went downhill from there.

I don't think I made eye contact with anyone from middle school on.
>>
>>25052988
It's not.

robocop
>>
All it takes is one comment from someone you love/respect to change your entire way of acting.

My high school crush told me I have "freaky eyes" and now it's hard for me to look people in the eyes.
>>
>>25052988
they know u aint dat nigga u say u is
>>
>>25053187
thats people in a nutshell. they don't change from that when they become adults, they stay in the Simpsons, bully, sheep mentality the rest of their life.
>>
>consciously maintaining eye-contact
are you guys retarded? just because some retarded life-coach said it works doesn't mean you should do it. eye-contact is usually involuntary, kinda like smiling when someone makes a joke that you find funny. And even then it's never continuous, instead your eyes 'jump' to different parts of the other person's face (mouth, nose..etc). Stop trying to engineer every fucking aspect of you social interaction. Just be yourself
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.