[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand how we can all be so sad while living
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 3bba9279.jpg (61 KB, 616x425) Image search: [Google]
3bba9279.jpg
61 KB, 616x425
I don't understand how we can all be so sad while living (mostly) in first world nations. thinking about that just makes me feel worse most of the time.
>>
>filling our lives with cheap meaningless goods is somehow supposed to make it better
it doesn't
>>
>>25052847
>having electricity, water, civilized plumbing, comfy beds, fridges, unlimited music, etc isn't better than living in a 3rd world shithole
>>
File: spongeface.jpg (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
spongeface.jpg
12 KB, 300x168
>hate life
>remember that there are millions, even billions of people who have it far worse than me
>hate life even more

Fuck this nightmare world.
>>
>>25052847
This, we know too much as well.

Too much access to everything, too much knowledge. It may seem ironic, but its obvious why ignorant 3rd world poorfags and uneducatednpeople aren't as depressed en masse.
>>
File: FT_GDP_Scatterplot.jpg (60 KB, 640x577) Image search: [Google]
FT_GDP_Scatterplot.jpg
60 KB, 640x577
>>25052863
you'd think so. but then you'd be wrong
>>
>>25052878
What I don't understand is how, say, landfill scavengers living on a bowl of rice a day in China aren't killing themselves. Some of them even have more kids.
>>
Urbanised society is unnatural and harmful.

From the years 1.8 million BC to 1800 A.D, human beings spent the entirety of the day in the sunlight, pushing their bodies to their physical limits multiple times a day, sleeping for almost as long as the sun is down, spending every waking second surrounded by other humans, never thinking more than, at most, a week ahead into the future...

At least people in poor countries are living closer to what humans are supposed to be living like. People in industrialized nations are pushing themselves to the extremes of what they are supposed to tolerate. They are all sick
>>
>>25052892
>those describing their day as good

Fuck off with this bullshit. Go cry some more about no gf and muh social anxiety while you binge eat and pirate more anime.
>>
>>25052837
>>25052863
Humans always want more, this is one of the basics of economics
>>
>>25052926
go be a mean, toxic person somewhere else.
>>
>>25052925

>planting crops for next year
>making note of migration patterns of animals to hunt
>planning complicated warfare campaigns
>trining children to be successors
>no more than a week into the future

wew lad
>>
>>25052908
Because when every day is focused on survival and nothing else, you don't have time to mope about and worry about things like "do i look like a loser" or "why don't i have friends". It doesn't particularly matter whether or not you look like a loser if your options are A) look like a loser or B) starve to death

Voltaire basically advocated just this - the world is chaotic and meaningless, so just find a way to occupy all of your time so you don't think about it, because that's how you truly make yourself miserable.
>>
>>25052892
>japs and Koreans at the bottom
Happiness doesn't exist in the west
>>
>>25052950

I'm talking about pre-agricultural humans

Even the agricultural era still accounts for only 6000 years out of 1800000 years
>>
>>25052962
that would because Japan and Korea are in the east
>>
>>25052971
South Korea is heavily westernized.
also they've made movies about Japan trying to fight off Westernization, that one with Tom Cruise and the Samurais.
you two are now arguing semantics from this point forward if you continue to argue.
>>
I'm from a "first world" country and grew up in poverty worse than many people in "second world" and "third world" countries.

I failed sixth grade because we couldn't afford electricity and it was too hard to do my homework by flashlight, especially because I had to spend time working on building a fire to cook dinner.

#Fourthworldproblems

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_World
>>
>>25052925

>pushing their bodies to their physical limits multiple times a day

Probably not so much this. Hunter-gatherers usually lived fairly leisurely lives.

Of course there will have been exceptions but generally hunter gatherers had fairly easy lives, especially those living in mild climates.

Look at how monkeys live--it's pretty much leisure with only a few hours working per day to hunt and forage.
>>
>>25052985

What was it like growing up on the rez?
>>
>>25053004

I read somewhere that modern day huntergatherers in png and that do 4 hours worth of intense physical activity a day

If you look at pictures of modern day huntergatherers, they look like athletes
>>
>>25053031
>4 hours
Maybe you should read Uncle Ted Kaczynski's piece about busting that retarded anarcho-primitivist argument.
>>
>>25052837
It's easy to understand.

Not every single person in the world experiences the same upbringing, the same nature or nurture, the same set of opportunities, so on and so forth. People are different. Living in a specific country does not guarantee that you will have a certain type of life.
>>
>>25052837
Because you're a puppet. Being alive and having food water and shelter is no excuse to be happy if everything and everybody lives to make you unhappy for their own personal profit in different ways. You aren't supposed to listen to the government on how to act. Just be free even if it's just in your mind and don't be scared because you are already in pain so why be scared?
>>
>>25052837
because i will never be happy until i balls deep cum inside of a vagina without a condom
>>
File: wellcanyou.png (6 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
wellcanyou.png
6 KB, 278x181
It's because we're assholes and we're surrounded by assholes
No amount of stuff can cover that shit up
>>
>>25052960
You don't get what he's saying. If these peoples lives are so bad, why don't they kill themselves like the hordes of robots have done?

Or is it that their "hard lives" is nothing more than a Western perspective and these people actually lead lives where they are happy?
>>
Its because you are effectively a giant infant living in the most sheltered environment ever devised by planners. No self-direction, and the daily humiliation of having mummy state handfeed you until you are incontinent and regressing into an actual infancy, provided you haven't already (normies are infantile by nature, they regard anything that isn't like a giant ballpit as scary and too dangerous). You will get to know what it feels like to be a soft, coddled adult, totally incompetent, unable to defend yourself, owning no property and possessing no practical skills.

Its because you are a fucking feeder. You are slime. You have no capacity for action of any sort. You don't have opinions you are willing to risk anything for. You don't have any responsibility except of the most cringeably petty and shameful sort. All your labours are directed towards lining the pockets of adult babies even more sheltered than you are - these ones actually think they are 'virile' entrepreneurs, rather than venal children whose handlers change their nappies for them.

Its fucking disgusting, like a human farm. One of you will defend this.

>>25052960

Nah, they are fully aware of the fact that they look like losers and have no friends. Being a prole in a colonial country doesn't negate robot problems, it just makes them far worse.

Voltaire was full of fucking shit by the way.

>>25053188

Lots of them kill themselves, lots of them are killed by others. Many of them are robots. Robots don't last long in the Congo.
>>
>>25052863
>surviving is the same as thriving
Perhaps if you have the intelligence of a fish.

Humans inherently desire a meaning in their life.
Now, it is becoming increasingly difficult to to delude their selves into believing life has any meaning or purpose. The decline of religion has largely contributed to this. Now people resort to mindless and constant escapism in order to fill the void where a "meaning" should be.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.