[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are we cursed with such shit lives /r9k/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 231x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 231x250
Why are we cursed with such shit lives /r9k/
>>
cause you choose to do nothing about your own misery.

there is potential and with potential comes choice, so don't let the potential go to waste.

and if you buy eggy's shitty genetically inferior meme, you gotta kick your own butt and move forward regardless.
>>
>>25052422
Get out you fucking normie holy shit I'm so tired of these fucks invading my board
>>
>>25052422
Hey, I think you meant to post that on >>>/s4s/ you god awful memer
>>
>>25052437
I'm no normie. it's just the truth.
normies are more successful in life because they expose themselves to challenging situations more often and are by nature more extroverted and socialize more often. doesn't mean they make sensible choices in life but choice they make, unlike most of /r9k/.
>>
>>25052422
>there is potential

This notion that everyone has potential likely comes from the egalitarian propaganda you've consumed. You're a retarded, brainwashed normalfag for believing it.

>you gotta kick your own butt and move forward regardless.

Wrong, for many people, the best possible outcome will still be miserable, so the preferable option is to give up and not put in any effort to spare themselves further embarrassment, or potentially commit suicide.
>>
>>25052422
>if you buy eggy's shitty genetically inferior meme, you gotta kick your own butt and move forward regardless
Are you acknowledging that these people can't really do anything and saying they should blindly try to fit in anyway?
Because if that's true I want to punch you in the mouth
>>
>>25052483
>This notion that everyone has potential likely comes from the egalitarian propaganda you've consumed.

look, if you're a human being without any mental or physical disabilities, you have the potential to have goals and reach them too. this has nothing to do with "everybody's equal" dogshit, but nice assumption. I didn't even propose anything about egalitarian dogma.

>Wrong, for many people, the best possible outcome will still be miserable,

how would you even know? that depends on the individual and their surroundings.

>so the preferable option is to give up and not put in any effort to spare themselves further embarrassment, or potentially commit suicide.

you're not making sense because this is by far worse than not trying to improve your life.
>>
>>25052502
why don't you start punch yourself in the face, loser? you're putting those words into my mouth and act like it's not your own shitty misinterpretation of things that should normally make sense to you instead of jumping to incoherent conclusions.
>>
>>25051990
There's no point in asking why. That's simply the way things are. All you can do is deal with it in whatever manner you're capable of. I'm thinking suicide is the most logical choice.
>>
>>25052422
This has to be bait but this shit still fucking triggered me. Go kill yourself.
>>
>>25051990
I... don't know. I wish I knew so that maybe I could turn it around somehow. I try to improve myself but every fucking time I hit an invisible ceiling which renders everything I do fucking useless.

Every single time I actually get some decent results, something manages to fuck up in an unexpected way. Like clockwork.
>>
>>25052422
>there is potential
But anon, I can barely get out of bed.
>>
>>25052540
>I didn't even propose anything about egalitarian dogma.

It can be assumed. If you believe everyone is capable of succeeding and that effort is the main factor that stands in the way of success, then you drank the kool-aid. There's a huge amount of genetic variance in humans. Not being fully mentally retarded or paraplegic isn't sufficient for having a good life. If you don't have the right traits to be a winner, then you're not going to be a winner.
This is about truth, not about what you would like to believe. Like how Santa isn't real.

>that depends on the individual and their surroundings.

In other words, you agree.

>you're not making sense because this is by far worse than not trying to improve your life.

If you can evaluate your circumstances and know that nothing you ever do can possibly even bring you up to par, then it's not really a worse choice. Why work hard to prolong a depressing existence that will only get worse as you get older?
>>
File: 1389386768464.gif (286 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1389386768464.gif
286 KB, 480x360
>>25051990
Because anime isn't real
>>
GO SEE A SHRINK

IF YOUR TOOTH HURTS, YOU GO TO A DENTIST

IF YOUR STOMACH HURTS, YOU GO TO A DOCTOR

IF YOU CAN'T EVEN STAND THE ACT OF LIVING, GO TO A SHRINK
>>
>>25052767

It's pointless to pay for someone to listen to you talk when there aren't any solutions to your problems anyway.
>>
>>25052767
That's not how shrinks work, anon. They're not real doctors.

>>25052777
Trips get it
>>
>>25052777
How about if it's just to see if there are solutions to your problems?

I don't know man, does sitting in your room, having given up, waiting for death at every day really sound better than to at least give this a shot?
>>
File: natsuo.jpg (25 KB, 273x246) Image search: [Google]
natsuo.jpg
25 KB, 273x246
>>25052767
Oh boy, I can't wait to get the same advice I've been getting for 10 years from a professional normie and some medicine that zaps my brain.
>>
>>25052767
shrinks are frauds
>>
>>25052791
>>25052802
All right, you're right sorry stay in your echo chamber and feel like shit.

You're all literally doing this to yourselves and you know it. You've been dealt a shit hand, tough deal, but only YOU are treating it like it's the end of the game.
>>
File: 1445946625389.png (59 KB, 226x227) Image search: [Google]
1445946625389.png
59 KB, 226x227
>>25051990
Only shitty things currently going on is tfw no gf and having a face only a mother could love. If I had a gf, I wouldn't care about looks and if I had looks, i wouldn't stress about dating.
>>
>>25052824
>GO TO A THERAPIST
>therapists don't work
>YEAH WELL

Would you go to the dentist if instead of fixing your teeth, he just listened to you talk about your toothache and told you to brush?
>>
>>25052824
>You're all literally doing this to yourselves and you know it.
You're a moron who has no idea what he's saying and you know it. You're not even trying to actually empathize you just pretend to.
>>
>>25052838
Therapists are a fucking joke.

Normies literally need to pay someone to listen to your problems instead of taking a minute of their day. Humans being shitheads made this an actual occupation.
>>
Because of our genetics, environmental factors, and maybe some quantum intdeteriminacy.

Contrary to popular belief, you can't just choose how you feel about anything, you can't "rise above" your circumstances, and nothing is fundamentally up to us.

We are essentially people-puppets. The laws of physics pull the strings, and we dance.
>>
>>25052838
But anon, therapy does work. That's the basis of my recommendation.

It did wonders for me and a lot of those around me. But if all I'm seeing is ears-covered and shaking heads then really, what's the point of arguing further?

It's not even the therapy advice. ANY form of advice is immediately shut-down in this board unless the advice is buy a helium tank and kill yourself because nothing is ever getting any better.

Man, that's it, I'm off this fucking board. You kids get off feeling miserable and stroking each other's misery-boners, wailing victim complexes left and right "but it's soooo unfair we've gotten the MOST ROTTEN DEAL EVER and there's nothing we could ever do! oh I know my friend here let's cry together oh yes my misery is worse than yours oh yes we're all so, so, so unlucky."

you boys have a nice time.
>>
>>25052889

It's a good thing therapy helped you. But some people didn't find it helpful.

The reality is it works for some people, but not others--and of course, not all therapists are equally helpful to/for the same people.
>>
>>25052889
>you boys have a nice time.
Cool, goodbye. Don't come back.
>>
>>25052889
>ANY form of advice is immediately shut-down in this board unless the advice is buy a helium tank and kill yourself because nothing is ever getting any better.
This made me laugh out loud
>>
>>25052889
Wait, don't go! I'm writing down your advice!

>just be myself
>just get over it
>talk to a therapist
>stop being sad
>everything is in my control

What else?
>>
>>25052889
Therapy won't cure your deficiencies. It works for Chad who's just lost his gf to an accident but it won't work for a manlet who has a hideous face and lacks god knows what substances his brain should be producing.
>>
>>25052975

Therapy won't cure your deficiencies. It works for Chad who's just lost his gf to an accident but it won't work for a manlet who has a hideous face and lacks god knows what substances his brain should be producing.

this, a hundred million times THIS

therapy only works for idiotic nonproblems whose root is "m-muh fee-fees"

being physically short is not a problem i'm making up in my mind, it's an actual physical problem that causes people to treat me like garbage and consider me less than human

it actually keeps me from being happy by preventing me from enjoying my hobbies on a physical level

going to a therapist and having them tell me that height doesn't matter and to just bee myself and i'll get a gf or whatever won't solve jack shit for me
>>
>>25052975

Therapy can alter your brain chemicals (basically everything does). This might be helpful.

Masturbating can also be helpful. This is one reason I hate being circumcised. I barely feel anything when I fap and it's insanely hard to fap because the skin doesn't move. And lube feels gross and makes my penis even less sensitive.
>>
>>25053043

>being physically short is not a problem i'm making up in my mind, it's an actual physical problem that causes people to treat me like garbage and consider me less than human

Okay, but a lot of guys are short and still have good lives. Being short might not be ideal, but in and of itself it doesn't seem like it's enough to ruin a life.

Throughout history, there were billions of short guys who accomplished things and seemed okay. Look at how small the samurai were. By today's standards they'd be "manlets", but they went on epic quests, had sex, all that stuff. Of course a lot of them were slaughtered and some ended up committing suicide but the point is, they did something with their life.
>>
>>25053046
>Therapy can alter your brain chemicals (basically everything does).
No, no it can't. If your brain is deficient in Vitamin D, then you take Vitamin D externally. There's no other way. It's an illness like any other.

Not to mention other shit like having an ugly fucking face or being short. Therapy cannot fix that.
>>
>>25053080

>No, no it can't.

It can cause the release of chemicals in your brain. All our experiences come from the interaction of chemicals and energy in our brain matter (which itself is made of chemicals).

>If your brain is deficient in Vitamin D, then you take Vitamin D externally. There's no other way. It's an illness like any other.

Okay, but I was more specifically talking about neurotransmitters, not vitamins.

>Not to mention other shit like having an ugly fucking face or being short. Therapy cannot fix that.

It can help you feel better about it, at least.

Maybe you should move to a place where people are shorter. That way you wouldn't feel so small. Like Taiwan.
>>
>>25053066
i'm pretty sure feudal japan had a much different social structure than modern day western society

why am i even bothering making this post

you know what you typed is stupid but you typed it anyway
>>
>>25053106
>It can help you feel better about it, at least.
No, it can't. Our brains are driven by chemicals. You could have a deficiency which will make literally everything feel like shit and make you sad all the time, and conversely you could have too much of a chemical that will make you happy about everything, and positive and whatever.

>Maybe you should move to a place where people are shorter. That way you wouldn't feel so small. Like Taiwan.
Jesus christ this has to be the most retarded advice I read in a while...
>>
>>25053131

>No, it can't. Our brains are driven by chemicals

Our experiences cause or inhibit the release of neurotransmitters, which affect our brains and therefore our moods.

>you could have too much of a chemical that will make you happy about everything, and positive and whatever.

Downregulation, man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dopamine_receptor

>Jesus christ this has to be the most retarded advice I read in a while...

Why?
>>
>>25053279

Other options would include Peru, Panama, or Bolivia.

There are short men in all those countries having sex, families, careers, all of it.
>>
>>25051990
The russian roulette is genetics is not concerned with how you feel.
>>
File: congrats.jpg (54 KB, 630x389) Image search: [Google]
congrats.jpg
54 KB, 630x389
Because we're shitty people
Or maybe we're shitty people because we have shit lives
It all kind of blurs together
>>
>>25053279
>Why?
What makes you think losing everything I have, somehow getting the money and courage to move far away would fix anything? It's about as good an advice as getting a plastic surgery.
>>
Natural selection, man. Nature sends out all kinds of people so the ones more apt for surviving can lead perfect lives and the inadequate ones can fail and teach future generations what not to be.
>>
File: CR.jpg (125 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
CR.jpg
125 KB, 500x333
>>25053353

It would be an adventure, and you could have new experiences. It might be fun.

"All you have" is clearly not making you happy. Why not save up some money and at least visit a foreign country and see how it is?

Being the same height as the other people might help you feel good. You could see firsthand that people can live good lives even if they're not tall.

There's a lot to see and do in places like Peru or Costa Rica or Panama.
>>
>>25053407
there's not shit to do in peru

if i went to peru the first thing i would do is go to a LAN cafe and beat the fuck out of every kid playing dota there
>>
>>25053422

You can explore Machu Picchu.
>>
>>25051990
bad genes

its literally evolution, we will never reproduce and its good for the human race
>>
File: robots.jpg (625 KB, 1280x2004) Image search: [Google]
robots.jpg
625 KB, 1280x2004
Don't let them win.
>>
>>25053470

"Good" in what sense?
>>
>>25052422
you normie scum disgust me.
>>
>>25053422

This attitude and lack of vision is why you're an omega and why you'll always be an omega
>>
>>25053489

Even if that's the case, it's ultimately due to his genetics/environment/quantum phenomena he cannot control.

He's a marionette, like all of us.
>>
>>25053489
You know what causes that lack of vision?
GENETICS
E
N
E
T
I
C
S
>>
>>25053301

>short men having sex, families, careers, all of it

this is the problem with your rhetoric

the underlying assumption is that having these things constitutes a "successful life" and that a lack of them is what's making me unhappy

i dont want any of that shit

literally ALL i wanted out of my life is to enjoy my hobbies and just interact with people as equals instead of being expected to fill some "token short guy" role and play a fucking clown when they make their "snarky" jokes about my height.

to be able to do that shit, I had to be tall. Instead i'm short

offering me shit i dont even want like marriage and a gf or whatever isnt going to fix shit
>>
>>25053484
i dont know im just shit posting
>>
>>25053594

>literally ALL i wanted out of my life is to enjoy my hobbies and just interact with people as equals instead of being expected to fill some "token short guy" role and play a fucking clown when they make their "snarky" jokes about my height.

I'm 5'10" and I hang out with short guys and never even thought to make jokes at their expense.

Why don't you find some better friends?

Not everyone is such a douche.
>>
>>25053489
>>25052422
>>25052540
>>25052767
>>25052685
>first world normie has everything handed to him at birth
>"why don't you just try harder?".."i've felt sad sometimes and I took initiative!:)".."there are some manlet ceo's out there, why dont you just become a millionaire you lazy bum :)?"
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.