[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Torn between faiths.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 7
Do any of you know this feel anons. I don't know what I believe truly. I am inexplicably drawn towards Christianity/Catholicism even though there are far older faiths out there. Not only that, because of all this trap shit and fem shit I became more of a huge fucking faggot. Do any you have problems like this.
>>
>>25050853
>Do any you have problems like this.
No, I don't believe in organized religions.
>>
>>25050853
I was raised by a couple of atheists and became religious as I grew older eventually embracing Catholicism. The problem for me is I see Catholicism doing an inadequate job of dealing with profligates and degenerates and I see that many of the so-called "pure" Catholic women are nothing but hypocritical whores which is leading me to hear the call of Islam.
>>
>>25050885
I understand spirituality, but what would you say your views align with?
>>
File: 1448930926663.jpg (75 KB, 638x547) Image search: [Google]
1448930926663.jpg
75 KB, 638x547
>>25050853
How did that picture end up on twitter fampai like god damn it
>>
>>25050895
All women are whores anon. Islam just teaches you how to put them in their place.

Try a Temmie
>>
i was raised christian and now my family won't talk to me because trans.

but being christian doesn't mean you have to hate people and yourself and all that. do it if it feels right imo
>>
>>25050903
Theism without any involvement post-creation.
>>
>>25050956
Don't worry, you'll be punished for all eternity for choosing to be a degenerate.
>>
>>25050970
no, i won't. god made me this way and jesus loves me as much as he does anyone else. i accept him and his sacrifice and am therefore redeemed.
>>
File: WhenRoastiesGetBTFO.jpg (72 KB, 908x960) Image search: [Google]
WhenRoastiesGetBTFO.jpg
72 KB, 908x960
>>25051014
OP here.

You will wonder in Limbo never reaching Heaven until the end times. After thousands of years debating whether or not it was worth it. Gods Gehenna fire will judge us all. I know this for I masturbated too much. I just hope Limbo isn't too bad.
>>
>>25051043
masturbating won't put you in limbo. some people take their faith to very strange places. i don't.
>>
>>25050895
>I was raised by a couple of atheists and became religious as I grew older

How's this even happen lmao
>>
File: 1438424211932.jpg (18 KB, 358x310) Image search: [Google]
1438424211932.jpg
18 KB, 358x310
Be Catholic and go to Belfast. Make sure that you announce this to everyone you meet. Alternatively, be Protestant and do the same.
>>
>>25051067
I honestly doubt it will. It is within the natural order after all considering animals beat it.
>>
Well Actually, I find regular religions blasphemous. Have you ever heard the saying 'fact is stranger than fiction'?
I beleive in a god who's 'prophet' was born on Christmas Day. Called Isaac Newton and he is the one who delivered the message of Gravity.
And I ask you what are you made up of? ..Carbon, oxygen and so on. And where is the only place these made?
In stars. Stars are the source of every single atom in the universe (not for H).
Every single person you know or heard of or every single thing you've ever seen was made in the furnace of a star.
And this God can be proven. I can write the formula for gravitational force between 2 objects and see that what the maths said would happen actually does happen. Proving its existence and its role of creating everything in our world as Gravity is what creates the stars.
-Anons certainties act 1 scene 2
>>
>>25051123
yes :)

animals are gay sometimes too. and anyway i kinda feel like hell isn't real but heaven is. especially with jesus' sacrifice we're all saved.
>>
>>25051144
Dubs of truth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg5QMysuSYg

This is the reason Interstellar gave me chills even with bad science. I cried in the theater at the 4th dimension. Having you existence torn into a singularity must be extreme. It is kind of how I want to go out.
>>
>>25051072
Seeing my godless parents and other atheists behaving like degenerates made me realize that God is necessary in some way, shape, or form to keep society from crumbling. Basically I'm a believer in name only who sees religion as the justification necessary for a theocracy or an authoritarian dictatorship to stem the moral decay that our society is experiencing.
>>
>>25051185
But you must already know that God doesn't exist.

You're literally deluding yourself in order to behave in a way that you consider more appropriate. Why can't you just be a good person without having false beliefs?
>>
>>25051170
Glad you liked anon. First time typing it out. Dubs don't lie btw
>>
>>25051014
God did not make you this way. God chose to test you by tempting you with unnatural urges and you failed miserably. Accepting Jesus as your savior does not give you a blank check to sin.
>>
>>25051212
His plot is Machiavellian you mong. He said he doesn't believe anything but a strong faith is necessary to guide the general public down the right path.
>>
>>25051217
shut the fuck up. i'm so tired of this bullshit. i'm not hurting anyone and i can't help being what i am.
>>
File: 1449997762827.jpg (270 KB, 658x800) Image search: [Google]
1449997762827.jpg
270 KB, 658x800
>>25051237
Calm your tits anon. All things are debatable even this. Just pray Tripfag Wolfshiem doesn't appear.
>>
>>25051212
God may exist, God may not exist, there may be no God but Allah. It doesn't matter. What matters is the fact that the absence of religion in our society has allowed people to form their own morality which is leading our society to become full of degenerates and is planting the seeds for its eventual collapse. We as a society need an institution that has high moral authority to guide us as a collective.

While it is possible for an individual to live the good life without heeding the words of a God, it is being shown now that as a collective the absence of God leads to people down a dark path.

In addition I believe religion could be a major force for advancement for a society. In the absence of money, faith is as good a currency as any for convincing individuals to do what is necessary and act against their own self interest.
>>
>>25051251
wolfshiem?

whatever. it bothers me that people can be so hateful and fucking horrible in the name of religion. jesus wouldn't turn anyone away the way some christians do.
>>
>>25051269
That was because he understood as God's son it was his duty as Shepherd to guide the flock down the right path.

Christians are the believers, the sheep. They follow but never know what is ahead. Because of this they bloody their heads on a brick wall sometimes.
>>
>>25051269
Which is why I'm glad that Muhammad was Allah's prophet and not Jesus.
>>
>>25051293
>>25051300
neither of you are making any sense.
>>
>>25051312
Sweet summer child. The power and reach of the Church goes back so far that a Pharaoh is wrapped in biblical scripts from the OT text of the New Testament. All things religious have so much depth you will get beyond lost in the actual meta physics behind it all.
>>
>>25050853
>far older faiths
Being old doesn't make ideas better
>I became more of a huge fucking faggot
Doesn't work that way. Or is faggotry an arbitrary social construct? I don't think so.
>Do any you have problems like this.
No.
>>
>>25051237
>i'm not hurting anyone
You're hurting society. You freaks wanting to play dress up in real life is badly affecting the public.
>>
>>25051312
It does make sense. He was replying to >>25051269 saying he's glad his lord and savior wasn't a symbol of violence.
>>
File: blue_pepe.png (54 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
blue_pepe.png
54 KB, 495x495
>>25051263
>le impossible to have good morals without a magical sky deity maymay :^)
>>
>>25051369
go fuck yourself.

>>25051377
that's kind of offensive too. to muslims.
>>
>>25051263
I agree that there needs to be a set of ethics and social behavior that is more concrete among the society to ensure a more prosperous future but don't you think that basing that morality in false beliefs is a bad idea?

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be possible just because of the fact that more and more people intuitively understand that God doesn't exist and that religion is merely an instrument for population control, so trying to enforce that sort of morality is a futile effort.
I think that religion is really unnecessary in this regard though. You already have an understanding of what's degenerate and what's productive, together with the consequences of certain actions without even having to consider what a hypothetical God would think of it. This sort of secular set of ethics functions without having a completely false foundation like religion.

Are you really that cynical that you think people can't behave a certain way without being scared about bullshit such as their souls going to hell
>>
>>25051379
>le no statistical evidence meme

All societies have hailed one supreme order or another to rally the human will. Get bent fedoralord.
>>
>>25051397
>go fuck yourself.
You made a claim and I refuted it, freak. Don't get so angry, your makeup will smudge.
>>
>>25051369
>play dressup in real life
That doesn't even make sense couldn't you have used a better analogy?

I'm not religious, but why can't they believe what they want to believe in? As long as they don't act on it (Ex: Allahu Ackbar) or force their beliefs how does that hurt society.
>>
>>25051369
>You're hurting society. You freaks wanting to play dress up in real life is badly affecting the public.

Yeah everyone's lives are just SO much worse because of the clothing choices of a few people

Are you really this retarded?
>>
>>25051237
You can help who you are but choose to delude yourself by pretending there is no choice. YOU chose to go down this path and be an affront to God and you are hurting society by making them believe that succumbing to temptation like you did is acceptable.
>>
>>25051263
Morality is largely inborn, foolish child
https://youtu.be/-KSryJXDpZo
>>
>>25051397
I'm sorry but what. Its not my fault they're commonly dangerous and anywhere that follows anything related to Islam is a shithole. They butchered the once paradise on Earth, Sweden.
>>
>>25050853
Christian metaphysics are batshit retarded and that's like 80% of the faith. The remaining 20% are morals that can be followed and understood without the belief in the metaphysics. So if you're going to church for the morals or tradition or whatever, you basically have to tolerate an hour of pageantry and wacky old people who actually believe in the literal existence of all of this shit too.

Even when I reached a more intellectual approach to Christianity I couldn't tolerate being with the church because everyone else believed in the nonsense and I was reminded that with the recitation of the creed and end times prophecy every fucking mass.
>>
>>25051419
I'm not denying that religion has helped with human survival, but who do you think wrote the Bible/otherspiritualbook.jpg? Humans. Religion congregates people together, but humans are the only beings that decide human morals.
>>
>>25051422
you didn't refute shit. just said tired bullshit that no one cares to hear. and i'm not a freak.

>>25051434
god MADE ME this way. if it's like a neurological disorder like a lot of people think that especially points to it being something he planned when he created some of us.

>>25051446
affluent places in america have a lot of muslims...
>>
>>25051476
The natural order decides these things. God said to his people what the natural order was. Or at least that is the argument.
>>
I think it's kind of weird that the human race puts themself on such a high pedestal that the Messiah would be one of us.

We haven't exactly been here that long compared to a lot of things. Why does heaven consist of human ideals?
>>
>>25050895
>I see Catholicism doing an inadequate job of dealing with profligates and degenerates

Fucking this.

Christianity has become weak.
>>
>>25051494
Selling me snacks at the gas station yes.
>>
>>25051516
Christianity was always weak.

Jesus' words are pure cuckoldry, what you saw in Europe was paganism under the cross.

Look in the new testament and find me something Jesus said to justify your LARPy "durr hurr DEUZ VULD :DDDD" bullshit.
>>
>>25051517
the muslims? where do you even live. i like in bible belt usa and knew a muslim family growing up. they were wealthy and great people. son was emo and that was kind of weird with him being black and muslim but that's whatever. they were nice.
>>
>>25051407
They can't. Just look at the state American society is in today. A three pronged approach is necessary for ensuring moral decency.
1. People need to believe that they will go to hell for not following the moral code/acting in certain ways.
2. For those who don't believe in hell or God, the moral code must be put into law which will ensure the compliance of some non-believers.
3. Those who choose not to follow the law/code must be violently persecuted. Preferably by a mixture of the authorities and the people in the first category who behave properly because of belief.

As a general rule most people don't actively care about the existence of God, they just want to be told what to do. Bringing God into the forefront rather than the degenerate spectacle flavor-of-the-month that the media brings to light these days will go a long way towards ensuring compliance. The reason why God is necessary is because institutions do not create the same sort of zealotry that is necessary when it comes to the wholehearted embrace of what's right and wrong. You can tell people what's right, you can sign into law what is right, but without religion some will still slip through the cracks and become a threat to the others.
>>
>>25051503
>God said to his people what the natural order was.
Except such a thing never happened, anon. There is no observable evidence of a god.
>inb4 le he is above observation :^)
Whoever "communicated with god" and was tasked with conveying his message was either schizophrenic or high on some sort of hallucinogen.
>>
>>25051569
Possible, but without evidence your words are as empty as mine.
>>
>>25051560
>you have to lie to people to get them to do what I think they should

Yeah how about no
>>
File: 1450038603105.jpg (388 KB, 765x1073) Image search: [Google]
1450038603105.jpg
388 KB, 765x1073
>>25050853
Not really considering my beliefs are rather universal or something.
I could say that I'm a catholic just as well as an agnostic, pagan, wiccan, occultist, buddhist or shintoist if not a fucking spaghetti zealot.

The thing is what I believe in, no matter how vague the concept is, being the soul or essence.

The second concept is unity, duality if not trinity. Be it light and dark, one having an opposite, however not neccesarely one being the good and other the bad. Just an alternative, which is rather related to trinity, being that truth often is not black and white for there are many valors of grey in between. And at last the concept of unity, wholeness that I often associate with harmony.

And with that we get to the third belief in:
chaos, perhaps related to trinity, individuality
harmony, most likely with unity, but also stagnation
and at last balance, the golden mean or alike bound with duality

And through that I somehow get into particular concepts of various beliefs or religions, be it realms of tought or the astral, concepts of heaven, afterlife or reincarnation. Simply even the occult.

This way I create fundaments of my own beliefs nad valus, ones not interfeering with the other, instead coherently merging or creating conncetions.

Carving own paths, perhaps with guidance from others, while overlaping with paths carved by fellow folk is most wonderous and peculiar.
>>
>>25051557
Bottom of the US. The only Muslims here own some sort of gas station.
>>
>>25051620
that's not true.

fucking original content
>>
>>25051553
I don't care about what Jesus said.

What matters is what people did for their faith.
The most "extreme" Christians we have left are the twats waving signs outside abortion clinics.
>>
>>25051609
You don't lie to them. You build a society where all signs point to one answer and let them figure it out on their own.
>>
>>25051586
I can't prove that the latter is true because I lack evidence, but on the other hand there is literally no evidence of a god. Whoever makes a claim has to be the one to provide evidence. My hypothesis suggesting hallucinations, although can't be proven, seems pretty accurate considering the context, and I'm not touting it as fact.
>>
>>25051553

'I come not bearing peace, but a sword.'

If you are thinking of 'turn the other cheek', it means not turning to violence for petty reasons. Defence of the faith is not a petty reason, according to Christians.

What happened in Europe was entirely Christian. You call it pagan because you don't understand either.

>>25051569

>Except such a thing never happened, anon. There is no observable evidence of a god.

Are you paying attention to what he said? Nothing you are saying even barely scratches his argument, which is based on social expediency, not theology.

You have to prove that you are capable of making your own ethical decisions in order to diminish his argument. Can you?
>>
>>25051651
Seems that way. I have never had a Muslim in class when I went to school and only encounter them at the nearest Chevron or Texaco.
>>
>>25051662
Actually the most extreme Christians are running food between enemy lines in war zones to people in need. You wouldn't know about that though, would you.
>>
>>25051144
This is satire right? Because it made me cringe.
>>
>>25051263
What do you mean by this degeneracy, you mean fags and whores being everywhere now?

Why do you have to push religion isn't decency and good taste not enough?
>>
>>25051690
>helping people

No, we need to kill.
>>
>>25051665
>where all signs point to one answer

To one false answer?

That's the same as lying
>>
>>25051684
>Nothing you are saying even barely scratches his argument, which is based on social expediency, not theology.
Maybe read the replies for further context to the conversation? I knew what his argument was and I agree that theology did help with human development, but my point was we don't derive morals from a book.
>You have to prove that you are capable of making your own ethical decisions in order to diminish his argument. Can you?
I can't prove to you my thought patters just the same way you can't prove to me you see colors the same way I do.
>>
>>25051727
There is one biological imperative that takes place above all others in society. Survival. We can't do that if we run out of resources on Earth. Time to spehss
>>
>>25051407
As understood the rational side of the brain knows there is no god. But it's not allowed to talk.
>>
>>25051708
I mean fags, whores, trannies, overindulgence, and the many serious vices that have become normalized in our society.

Decency and good taste are not sufficient since our transition to relying on those two things to regulate our society's motivations and actions has failed to yield positive results. We ditched the stick in favor of the carrot and this is what we got.
>>
>>25051775
Thank you for your in depth psychological and neurological theory anon. I'll make sure to keep that in mind.
>>
>>25051792
aww chucks anon, thank you.

But in all seriousness with is what I meant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFJPtVRlI64

You probably already saw it anyways.
>>
this thread on ambien is a spiritual journey
>>
>>25051786
I can't help but think of what a horrendous bore a christianized nation would be. Repression of art and culture, etc. Believe it or not, many of these deviants have been at the forefront of crafting western culture.
>>
>>25051786
While I have thought of the idea of being religious-like without any belief or irrationality pushing archaic ideas is not the answer. I do really believe people can rule themselves given enough education, the right kind of one. But we are not there yet and not even close.

But should limit themselves and should practice discipline since it does more good than harm. But these limits should be placed by themselves after self discovery.

I have no problems with fags ( as long they don't believe they are special snowflakes) but I find trannies and whores annoying while believe overindulgence and over consumption should be stopped.
>>
>>25051909
But*
people*
>>
>>25051786
>overindulgence
Oh fucking christ, what do you call yourself spending ungodly amounts of time on the internet then?

I bet you're also a pure angel who doesn't consume porn or masturbate profusely either.
>>
>>25051848
Watched it. Didn't actually say anything other than one side of one persons head disagreed with the other. That still wouldn't solve anything because theistic theory is that God gave us a whole (the 2 parts) for a reason.
>>
>>25051786
are you really one of the homophobic christians or are you just trolling?
>>
>>25051989
I'm certain he's not trolling. It's "in" now to be an edgy contrarian christfag.
>>
>>25051379
Oh you can make up your own morals. They won't be objective though.
>>
>>25052011
well it's fucking disgusting. i hate people like him so much that it's unhealthy.
>>
>>25051749

I don't care where morals originate from. Neither does OP. He is saying that making everyone follow the morality found in the book binds society together. He is saying that people are independently incapable of following their own moral codes with integrity.

I don't care about your thoughts, its your actions which concern me.

In reality, I don't agree with anything OP posted, I'm more inclined to take your position, but I'm trying to clarify his point because its very important in the history of philosophy. OP has unknowingly discovered Leo Strauss, a man whose name has the power to make commies spit on hearing it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Strauss#Religious_belief

He was convinced that religion was useful, but his actual sincerity of belief was - is - open to debate.

>>25051888

Christian societies are almost always party to extraordinary upheaval and violence. Our society is a tepid pastiche of faux-transgression, infantile shitting around and routine indulgences by comparison to Christian Europe's terrifying brutality and suffering. Look at the art produced after the 30 Years' War and tell me its boring or repressed. Who today would portray the mass rape of nuns as art, and not only that, art based in reality?
>>
>>25051888
>repression of art and culture
How about the Renaissance and the Enlightenment period, just to name the popular periods of artistic and intellectual growth?

Hopefully you aren't implying gay orgies, "gender fluid" shit, and destructive hedonism in general are art and culture.
>>
>>25052023
Need source on that art

I agree religion is useful and many have thought if it this way, from housewives to presidents but I don't think it's the only tool at our disposal.
>>
>>25052056
Middle ages werent exactly devoid of great art and culture either. Stop with that christian dark ages meme already, people!
>>
>>25052059

Callot's Great Miseries of War.
>>
>>25052199
This is true. Its called the dark ages because there is not much recorded history due to heavy censorship.

But there were advancements. But it could had been better. we would had cellphones 50 years earlier.
>>
>>25052246
Wow this is good. We should make a modern set.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.