[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever been catfished, suspected it or catfished someone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: cf.jpg (10 KB, 236x213) Image search: [Google]
cf.jpg
10 KB, 236x213
Have you ever been catfished, suspected it or catfished someone? Share stories.
>>
i'm mtf and i play mmos. guys always fall in love with me and i feel fucking weird about it. had to stop playing one emu server because a guy was so into me it got to be too much.

probably should tell them right away that i'm trans but i want to be a fucking girly elf girl fuck. let me have my fantasy please. don't fall in love with me for real.
>>
>>25048705
I had a similar experience except I'm not even trans. I just had a girl avatar and often used it to get items from people. Then it got weird because they started genuinely falling for me so I stopped.
>>
>>25048705
desu I don't think you should have to tell them you're trans. If you're mtf you aren't lying when you say you're a girl. You can be trans and be a girly girl as much as you want m8
>>
>>25049800
Yeah but people still freak out.
>>
I was catfished by god. God gave me the most beautiful, loving man for a father and then killed him.

Fuck god. I want my daddy back.
>>
File: owl.png (270 KB, 365x318) Image search: [Google]
owl.png
270 KB, 365x318
>>25049800
>If you're mtf you aren't lying when you say you're a girl.
What the fuck happened to this board?
>>
>>25049800
it's when they start to get kind of obsessed with me that i feel weird about it. and maybe we'll start talking RL or something and the conversations get kind of deep and involved. and then you're like fuck it would be weird to come out NOW. why do i need to come out in a videogame at all?

i hate this shit. i don't want to play around with someone's feelings but it's like they always end up putting themselves in that situation.
>>
>bed ridden for a year
>go kinda loopy, need escapism
>turn to online rp
>start talking to this girl from the rp
>chats become intimate, sexual, all that shit
>talk about visiting eachother
>literally keeps me sane
>months later, while browsing /b/
>someone posts an album of a girl
>mfw its the girl from the rp
>she changed small details of pictures so reverse image search wouldn't find them
>confront her about it
>tell her I don't care, just want to see what she actually looks like
>beg her not to abandon me
>never hear from her again

All in all it was an interesting experience. I'm grateful for the companionship he/she provided. Honestly, I doubt any sane person would have fell for it. It was just too good to be true. But when you're that far gone I guess you're willing to believe it.
>>
I've been catfished twice.
And I catfish. Continually.

I pretend to be a guy on most online spaces. Wherever I can get away with it easy. Forums.
I wish I were born a guy, that's all.

You wouldn't know it by looking at me, i look fairly feminine (for a fat chick anyhoo). But my behavior? Tomboy for sure.

I don't go out of my way to hook people, though. But still people get pulled in so easily/often... I try to keep them from sinking too deep.

My very best friend, though. I catfished him. It was a terrible thing when I had to confess the truth to him. But we're still best friends. I live with him now, even.
>>
File: IMG-20151216-WA0001.jpg (167 KB, 716x626) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151216-WA0001.jpg
167 KB, 716x626
>>25049866
Tumblr, my dear anon.
>>
>>25049930
I think a lot of catfish don't get is that we don't really give a fuck as long as it wasn't malicious. As someone with low self confidence I get hiding behind other pictures or maybe another gender.

As long as they weren't trying to get nudes or money out of me, I'd be fine with it.
>>
>>25050071
I like how we aren't a hivemind desu.
>>
>>25050071
>that picture
>completely ignoring the surrounding circumstances
N0ice
>>
>>25050078
They weren't malicious at all. In fact, they bought me a couple games on steam. It really hurt when they didn't talk to me anymore, since I used them as a crutch.

The moral of the story is, going into online relationships, you have to assume the other person isn't who they say they are.

I remember I actually got him/her to send a timestamped picture. It was so obviously photoshopped I have no idea what mental gymnastics I did to convince myself it was real
>>
>>25050144
metric i kinda miss you, and i hope you're well.
>>
>>25049885
THEN WHY ARE YOU MTF? YOU WANT TO BE A GIRL RIGHT? SO BE ONE!
>>
>>25050238
what?

needs to be original somehow
>>
>>25050195
>and i hope you're well.
hahahahha
I wish :[
>>
>>25050263
cheer the fuck up.

also what's wrong? :(
>>
>>25050275
literally everything
too much stress I guess le rhyme
>>
>>25049800
seek professional help if you think this okay senpai
>>
>>25050300
do you talk to therapists or whatever? you're always kinda whiny and it's no good. being well is something you do, not like a state of how things are. if that makes sense.
>>
Happens all the time.... I always pick out a female character. Also even have a name i always use for this character.

Yep i will never say who it is.
>>
>>25050162
I think a lot of people wonder that until they're catfished. At the time you don't think much of it, even if their pictures seem obviously false. You only really catch them out if it's obvious model pictures. Because they're not asking for nudes or money or anything, so it's like they have no reason to catfish, they just seem to be a normal person, then you get caught into it.

A lot of people think catfish are like these obviously fake model picture people who ask for nudes straight away. Nah, that's just the shitty ones. The good ones create this entire false life you're roped into.
>>
>>25050451
No thats Ewhoreing.. big difference.
>>
>>25048651

>walk by group of girls
>One says "hey" to me in a sort of invitational way
>Just walk by and say nothing

That's it
>>
>>25050485
People still confuse it with catfishing and if they're not liking that, they get roped in.
>>
>>25049800
This. In real life it's unethical, but in video games who gives a shit.
>>
>Play Habbo
>Have no friends IRL at the time
>Make female avatar in order to get people to maybe try and give me shit.
>End up making friends on it
>Go on my female habbo character more and more as that has my closer friends
>I don't tell them I'm a guy which is dumb but I never thought about it at the time, I never thought my personal life would be an issue or that it'd ever come up, I didn't use this character for sex after all.
>But what do you know, I became completely involved in that person and it got to the point it was too late, I was too deep into the lie
>Then came the MSN stuff, made an MSN account, added them and such
>End up using false pictures, false real name and such so they wouldn't catch me out
>This went on for four years, with year two being when I added them on MSN and made this whole false identity
>By year three I had become disillusioned by it, I ended up making some friends IRL and even joined a forum as a male and such.
>Year four
>I hear not one but two guys had a crush on me
>Felt flattered because it meant they liked my personality not my looks
>Then again I used a hot pic
>Still it was too creepy
>Create some drama so that an argument starts to create an exit
>Block them all
>Never go on that account again
>Start using my male accounts again
>Decide never to pretend to be a girl again
>I never even told them the truth, I ended the lie with a lie, that she was mad about something and blocked them all
>Sometimes I still check up on them
>They've all went their own ways but they're doing well.
>I stopped this around the time skype was getting bigger over MSN so I'd have been caught out anyways due to lack of mic/webcam excuses, these days they go cheap.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.