[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /OCD/ here? >Always have to check if my car lights are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4
File: 1449795508676.jpg (38 KB, 540x447) Image search: [Google]
1449795508676.jpg
38 KB, 540x447
Who /OCD/ here?

>Always have to check if my car lights are turned off or if my doors are locked
>Always fear that my house is going to burn down because of not turning off something electrical
>Have good work ethic because of this shit
>Can accomplish any hobby like a sport or a instrument and get better at it faster than others because of this shit
>Always wash my hands because of fear that I might get my eyes infected or some shit
>Always repeat words I said silently
>Dermatophagia ever since I was 3
>Everything has to be perfect and clean in a certain way when I do something like a project
>As a kid, I always fear if I didn't follow a routine I'd have a bad day
>If I wore I certain shirt, I thought it would bring me bad luck for the rest of the day
>>
bump

i know some of you niggers have ocd too
>>
Bump

you niggers cant be serious and suffer from some meme illness like depression
>>
>le epic ocd meme
>>
>>25047346
OCD isn't real. Sorry bud. It's all in your head.

Sanitize that. XD
>>
>>25049003
>>25048961

ur mum isnt real xD

kill yourselves
>>
Me. My obsessions usually revolve around harm coming to me or my loved ones. If I don't do certain compulsions to stop these from happening, they will happen (at least in my mind). There's so many things I've obsessed about over the years I don't even know where to start. To summarize, a lot of "do this or this will happen". I've suffered pretty heavily (had to drop out of school because of daily panic attacks, tons of obsessing). As I've gotten older I've grown accustomed and I'd say my worst peaks are over. It really spiked in puberty and I don't really know why.
>>
Idk if I have OCD but I always check stuff multiple times, if I shut a door,closed the fridge, shut off a light. I always think something bad is gonna happen to my stuff when I'm not home.
>>
i'm so OCD, i hate when my room is dirty haha
>>
I hope my apartment burns down from some electronical fire inside the wall or some shit. Hate this place
>>
>>25048961
>OCD is when you hate imperfect tile patterns xD
>>
My ex has ocd, she seems to feel some kind of "cootie like" presence that's transfered by contact, different levels of this also exist and depending on the level of this she either couldn't touch it, couldn't touch it without washing her hands, or had to wash it.
Things that had this "presence" were her younger brother (who according to her is gross), hard surfaces that aren't exposed to weather, rubbish/grit/grime, the floor and by extension, feet, and a few other things.
For example, if I brushed past a bin while we were out I'd have to turn it inside out and put it in my bag, I'd always have to shower before lewd activities (and now I get horny after a shower...).
>>
who /eat callouses/ here
>>
>>25050427
I know who you are doofus
>>
I have messy OCD
>>
>>25050447
i'm not that guy but i do it too

don't use a knife like him but i sometimes use scissors or fingernail clippers to get it off my feet
>>
>>25049709
oh my god Janice I'm like so OCD OMG XD i always have to do my nails perfectly or im going to have like a total breakdown ;))))
>>
>>25047346
i love to fuck with people who have ocd. Like asking them if they really turned the stove off when we are out of town. Or this other guy who has to have everything in even numbers. I like to "accidently" give 3 eggs in the morning xD
>>
>>25049003
Of course it's in our heads, that's the entire point you fucking shitstain
>>
>>25050339
I have the same thing as well. I can't even listen to music or shit because of fear that I might associate the music with it.
>>
>>25049709
>OH IM SO OCD I ARRANGE BOOKS IN A CERTAIN PATTERN
>>
OCD seems to me like some kind of childish stupidity or plain mental retardation.
Perfectly kill urselves :D
>>
>>25050567
you probably don't give a shit, but i think you should stop and think about what you're really doing to those people. if you can grasp that you're really tormenting them and causing them a lot of undue mental distress (not just "haha, wow, i was tricked"), but you won't to keep on doing it because you're an asshole, then whatever, that's your prerogative. just know that that is what you're doing, i guess
>>
>>25050770
irrelevant
think, then post faggot
>>
>>25050915
how was it irrelevant?
>>
>>25050932
>why irrelevant
read your own post
you don't even know what you want to say there. your doubt and your walking-in-circles way of writing make it irrelevant.
>>
>>25047346
>being proud of ocd

you dont have ocd if you're proud of it, lmao

real ocd is debilitating and is not something you would want in your life affecting you every day all day
>>
>>25051004
>i do not understand what you said, therefore you are a moron
damn i was just owned online
>>
>>25051046
underage confirmed
kill yourself scum! :)
>>
>>25050727
it isn't childish stupidity and it isn't mental retardation

the people in this thread posting about it don't seem to actually have it besides this guy >>25049031

i'm >>25051028
>>
>>25051028

>Wahh OCD is destructive so you should never be happy wahhhh

Go back to Tumblr you fucking attention whore. Also kill yourself while you're at it
>>
I am 19 and work in a factory. I have an OCD co worker that is respected as a bitch but not as a worker. All he does all day is count shit over and over and I feel very sorry for him. I've been at this place 10% of the time as him and I'm already above him. He has admitted to me that he is incapable of decisions.

I feel bad for him.
>>
>>25051148
lol you're a retard, i'm guessing you're the OP?
>>
File: 1444655360634.jpg (484 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444655360634.jpg
484 KB, 1920x1080
>>25047346

>mfw a fire truck drives in the direction of my apartment building when I'm outside
>>
>>25051172

Just because you have OCD doesn't mean there's benefits to it. You just say you have OCD so people feel sorry for you, don't you?

Kill yourself
>>
>>25051218
you're an idiot that did not understand my post
>>
>>25051264

>Doesn't even try to explain his post

I think you have autism, not OCD
>>
>>25051113
i turned 18 in november
>>
>>25051275
why would i explain it it's already explained in >>25051028
>>
>>25051308

You fucking idiot

I said OCD has benefits and you didn't even try to explain why its destructive other than

>IT MAKEZ UR LYFE HARD :(((

Literally autism
>>
>>25049031
Same with me when I was younger
Weird shit, like "if I don't walk around this table ten times, my mom will die" or whatever
>>
>>25051324
you will most likely get to the point where it will be debilitating
>>
>>25051343

>IT WILL MAKEZ UR LYFE HARD TRUST MEEE

How about you kill yourself instead?
>>
>>25047346

This isn't OCD you dumb cunt
>>
>>25051371
once again i haven't said that

and once again, you have repeatedly been saying "kill yourself"

you are a very unhappy person
>>
>compulsive counting, excessive thoughts
>lose 3 hours a day
>people looking at me weird in public

Kill me
>>
>>25051375

>That isn't OCD
>REAL OCD IS WHEN U COUNT THE TILES AND COLORS XDDD

>>25051390

Are you even trying? You can't even make up an argument
>>
>>25051451
i don't need to make up an argument because there isn't one, you're the only one here that is angry
>>
>>25051472

I said there's benefits in OCD, you said OCD is destructive. An argument Ian when you defend your point, not picking fingers at who's angry or not

Stupidity at its finest
>>
>>25051498
at least now you are calming down and no longer trying to make strawman arguments in allcaps
>>
File: iWKad22.jpg (90 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
iWKad22.jpg
90 KB, 1440x1080
>>25051514

>Implying what I said in green text wasn't a mock off of you

You must be new here
>>
>>25051561
i know thats what you were doing

you were strawmanning me and some other guy >>25051375
>>
>compulsive counting, excessive thoughts
>lose 3 hours a day

Now that is real OCD. And it could be worse, you could do the obsessive things and not see them as the problem they are.
You need medical attention.
>>
>always avoid cracks in pavement since I was a kid
>have a habit of 'writing' my thoughts in air with a finger
>never pay it any attention
>years later learn that apparently its 'illness'
When will mental illness meme end already
>>
File: 13483478373 (42).jpg (203 KB, 819x912) Image search: [Google]
13483478373 (42).jpg
203 KB, 819x912
THIS THREAD IS REDDIT BAIT FOR KARMA
>>
>>25051588

Who cares you fucking little bitch

Either defend your point or go fuck yourself
>>
The DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition) provides clinicians with official definitions of and criteria for diagnosing mental disorders and dysfunctions. Although not all experts agree on the definitions and criteria set forth in the DSM-5, it is considered the "gold standard" by most mental health professionals in the United States.

DSM-5 Diagnostic Criteria for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (300.3)

A. Presence of obsessions, compulsions, or both:

Obsessions are defined by (1) and (2):

1. Recurrent and persistent thoughts, urges, or impulses that are experienced, at some time during the disturbance, as intrusive and unwanted, and that in most individuals cause marked anxiety or distress.

2.The individual attempts to ignore or suppress such thoughts, urges, or images, or to neutralize them with some other thought or action (i.e., by performing a compulsion).

Compulsions are defined by (1) and (2):

1. Repetitive behaviors (e.g., hand washing, ordering, checking) or mental acts (e.g., praying, counting, repeating words silently) that the individual feels driven to perform in response to an obsession or according to rules that must be applied rigidly.

2.The behaviors or mental acts are aimed at preventing or reducing anxiety or distress, or preventing some dreaded event or situation; however, these behaviors or mental acts are not connected in a realistic way with what they are designed to neutralize or prevent, or are clearly excessive.

Note: Young children may not be able to articulate the aims of these behaviors or mental acts.

B. The obsessions or compulsions are time-consuming (e.g., take more than 1 hour per day) or cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

C. The obsessive-compulsive symptoms are not attributable to the physiological effects of a substance (e.g., a drug of abuse, a medication) or another medical condition.
>>
D. The disturbance is not better explained by the symptoms of another mental disorder (e.g., excessive worries, as in generalized anxiety disorder; preoccupation with appearance, as in body dysmorphic disorder; difficulty discarding or parting with possessions, as in hoarding disorder; hair pulling, as in trichotillomania [hair-pulling disorder]; skin picking, as in excoriation [skin-picking] disorder; stereotypies, as in stereotypic movement disorder; ritualized eating behavior, as in eating disorders; preoccupation with substances or gambling, as in substance-related and addictive disorders; preoccupation with having an illness, as in illness anxiety disorder; sexual urges or fantasies, as in paraphilic disorders; impulses, as in disruptive, impulse-control, and conduct disorders; guilty ruminations, as in major depressive disorder; thought insertion or delusional preoccupations, as in schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders; or repetitive patterns of behavior, as in autism spectrum disorder).

Specify if:

With good or fair insight: The individual recognizes that obsessive-compulsive disorder beliefs are definitely or probably not true or that they may or may not be true.

With poor insight: The individual thinks obsessive-compulsive disorder beliefs are probably true.

With absent insight/delusional beliefs: The individual is completely convinced that obsessive-compulsive disorder beliefs are true.

Specify if:

Tic-related: The individual has a current or past history of a tic disorder.
It's not that hard guys.
>>
Why don't OCD people get treatment? You're a bunch of fucking niggers that hurt everyone around you but
>le speshul snowflaek
Everyone would be better off without you and your "personality"
>>
This is superbait. Nothing to see here.
>>
>>25047346
I have ocd. It fucking sucks
>>
I think we can add the hates-people-with-OCD guy to the list of R9K douchebags.
>>
>>25047346
>>Always have to check if my car lights are turned off or if my doors are locked
That's common sense, especially if you live in a culturally-enriched neighborhood.
>>
>>25047346
REDDIT BAIT
NIGGER
I
G
G
E
R
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.