[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
presentation anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1409722886429.jpg (80 KB, 600x341) Image search: [Google]
1409722886429.jpg
80 KB, 600x341
>have to do presentation today
>choose topic
>prepare everything, presentation is finished
>try to practice it
>I can't do it
>keep stuttering even though nobody is around
>keep restarting after the first 4 slides (out of 28)
I can't do this, robots. Should I just stay in bed and drop the class? I've been attending it every time and now it's my turn to present but I fucking can't.
>>
IKTF. I had to do a language course where the final exam was a group presentation and a 1 on 1 conversation with the prof. That was the closest that I've come to dropping out of a course. Barely squeeked by both and got a C in the course.
>>
Keep practicing. Pretend you are talking to your fellow robots. In fact, try having a pretend conversation with r9k about 1 of the topics that pops up on here every now and them. Use that mindset of talking to present. You can do it lil nigga.
>>
Are you graded on the way you present your speech? If not, just write down exactly what you wanna say, word for word. And read the paper during the presentation.

Or just look at the PowerPoint and read off that. No eye contact.
>>
>>25047220
t-thanks. maybe I should just get drunk to reduce my anxiety, but it's probably not a good idea
>>
>>25047229
yeah I'm graded for the way I present. The course is about presenting, about eye contact, about usage of voice etc. To be fair, the others so far haven't done a great job either and everybody just focussed more on the content. I already printed everything out, but I just keep trying to fill in some words on my own but I fucking fail so hard every time that I need to stop and sit down for a moment and contemplate just how bad this will get in class.
>>
>give up and stay in bed
this is always the right decision. we're at the pinnacle of human civilization. things have been set up to allow us, somehow, to lie in bed and still have food, protection, comfort, even entertainment. countless ancestors dreamed of this for us. don't shit on their graves by going out and doing meaningless shit like giving presentations of someone else's unnecessarily conceived ideas that you unnecessarily compiled.
>>
>having trouble with public speaking

Get out of here normie.
>>
I never practiced for presentations; that would just make me even more anxious. Just dive off the deep end and do it on the day of the presentation.
>>
I've been there bro, more than once. Speech class was fucking hell. 7 or so years later I'm in grad school doing things like comprehensive exams (give a presentation to 3 professors while they grill you), job interview talks, department wide seminars etc. It still terrifies me and its still hard to work on a presentation or practice for it.

The thing that I always keep telling myself is "one way or another, its going to be over". The idea of giving presentation is so horrible that even the idea of doing badly at it isn't so bad because then I will at least be done. Just try to focus on how good you are going to feel once its over.

No one cares if you fuck up. I literally do not remember a single presentation I watched in undergrad. Not one, not even a little. Half your peers will be glazed over thinking about other shit, the other half will probably be busy worrying about their own upcoming presentations. No one cares. Just make yourself get up there, say the words, and then you get to sit the fuck back down and fade into the beautiful obscurity that robots love. Its going to be fine.
>>
>tfw I had a Public Speaking class this semester.
>got an A+ on every single speech, A's on the Midterm and Final.
>even the professor tells me what an incredible speaker I am after the final class is over.

If you aren't a good public speaker, you're a fucking normie and you should leave /r9k/.
>>
>>25047415
This. I had a Public Speaking class as well that I just finished last week. Got a high A.

Talked about gardening for my informative speech and protecting honey bees for my persuasive speech.

Professor said I was very conversational with my presentations.

True robots are excellent public speakers. Being afraid of public speaking is the most normie fear ever.
>>
Literally the only hard part about these classes is the work you have to do for the bullshit topics you're assigned.

Talking about your work is literally as easy as shitposting here. Like others have said you grossly overestimate just how much people give a shit.
>>
>>25047518
Pretty much. I picked topics that I knew all about already and could talk about without needing to do much work.

I would literally begin working on the presentation the night before the speech.
>>
>>25047497
You're dead on, all the normies in the class were so panicked and scared to talk.

Being scared of public speaking is a red flag, normie trait.
>>
>>25047129
at least you prepared, i have one due tomorrow and am going to wing it, doesnt help that i poured like 2 hours into that retarded anime clicker game
>>
>>25047598
Link to game please.
>>
File: 1450194201277.jpg (31 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1450194201277.jpg
31 KB, 500x375
>>25047129
here's one thing that helps me with public speaking and just speaking to people in general

have a unjustified sense of supiroirity over the people, like they're just fucking scum subhumans under your feet and they are completely below you and you fucking hate them. Take one look at them and think about their negative properties

usually when I look at people and have this mindset I end up really not caring what they think and actually coming off quite confident. Obviously you should never speak or act in a that that way at all, but build a mental picture of them in that way

it works for me when I meet new people
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.