[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: 1355718634914.jpg (14 KB, 340x198) Image search: [Google]
1355718634914.jpg
14 KB, 340x198
Sup /r9k/.

Here's the deal, I just started drinking again recently because I realized that I'm a loser with no friends outside my 4chan hugbox. I try to go along with things when people do them but I always feel like a fifth wheel people only invited out of pity or obligation. When I drink, I don't feel like a loser. When I'm stone sober for a month or so, I start seeing things with blinding clarity and it turns me into a chronically depressing, antisocial retard.

What do?
>>
Bumping because I've honestly got nothing better to do. This post is now an original statement.
>>
>>25046949

Just b urself :^)

Really though, I know this pain. Find hobbies to develop and put your time into those. It's the only way to live imho.
>>
>>25046949

>Stone sober for a month (or so)

You're not seeing things with blinding clarity, sorry son.

Drink if you wanna drink though. Isn't that what you want to hear? some affirmation from the other alchies on this board?
>>
File: 20140302_152405.jpg (271 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
20140302_152405.jpg
271 KB, 1200x1600
>>25046949

Pic related: what I'm drinking tonight
>>
>>25046949

>When I drink, I don't feel like a loser.

No, it's the hangover and sobriety the next day that hurts.
>>
>>25047478

If I wanted affirmation I'd be elsewhere.
>>
>>25047537

Not really a straight bourbon guy.how smooth is that btw?
>>
File: Jameson-Irish-Whiskey-Original.jpg (1 MB, 4959x4959) Image search: [Google]
Jameson-Irish-Whiskey-Original.jpg
1 MB, 4959x4959
>>25047576

Yeeeeeeeeep.

Pic related's what I'm sipping on.
>>
>>25047648

Right. Well I'll spare you the blast of hot wind.

what are you drinking tonight?
>>
>>25046949

Are you prone to having blackouts?
>>
>>25046949
you admit that you're me and take another swig
>>
>>25047671
>>25047684

It's SO fucking smooth.

anyone can drink it on the rocks, even if they're not predisposed to alcohol.
>>
File: 1450232506400.jpg (41 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1450232506400.jpg
41 KB, 499x499
>>25047708

The melting ice helps it burn a bit less and brings out the delicious whiskey flavor.
>>
File: americanclassic.jpg (296 KB, 976x634) Image search: [Google]
americanclassic.jpg
296 KB, 976x634
I can relate, the post drinking depression really kicks my ass but when I'm out with people I can't partake in the mindless normie banter unless I got a buzz.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-12-20-53-44.png (645 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-12-20-53-44.png
645 KB, 720x1280
I stopped drinking after blacking out and becoming violent one two many times and getting kicked out of school
I stayed sober for a year, got my shit together, went back to school
Despite all that, the girl I loved was still jerking me around
When she left, she told me to "get the fuck out of her life", that hurt too much and I went back to drinking
She was honestly part of why I quit
I only buy a certain amount at a time now and drink slower, I honestly don't regret going back and am glad I did because its helped me move on and distract myself and meet new people
Still have the feeling that one of these days I'm going to overdo it and wake up in the hospital again or jail
>>
You start to feel like shit because your brain is trying to repair the chemical fuck-bomb you dropped on your brain from years of alcohol abuse.

Alcohol also releases dopamine from your brain's reward center as well as numbs higher thinking (Thus allowing you to live in the "now" - drunk and unable to process - ignorance is bliss sort of thing).

By not drinking you're no longer producing the easy-button dopamine release and you start to feel emotions and thoughts you were suppressing with alcohol.

How to fix this? Stop drinking and find a way to make life fulfilling so your brain chemistry can return to normal.

This works on drugs too.
>>
>>25047686

Michelob Ultra, because it's a week night and counting cans before I go to bed seems soothing for some reason.

>>25047688
No because I can handle my liquor.

>>25047701
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>25047816
>Michelob Ultra
i understood where you were coming from for a while, OP, until you told me what you were drinking. seriously, OP? i defend AALs all the goddamn time, especially if you're a daily drinker. in fact, if you drink daily like i do, it'd be impossible to afford craft beer constantly. hell, i actually think budweiser is a decent beer. but michelob ultra?

what is wrong with you OP? wouldn't you be better off drinking vodka water? it doesn't taste bad... but it just doesn't taste. it's not even a light beer, it's a diet beer
>>
>>25047948

I like how carbonated it is. If you know a beer with more bubbles, I'd like to know.
>>
>>25048024
i haven't had ultra in forever because it just doesn't really have much of a taste at all. is michelob lager or amberbock as carbonated? those aren't bad.
>>
Are you me?

I've been struggling with sobriety ever since I got out of rehab a few months ago... When I drink, I feel less horrible about myself but everyone hates me and how I act.

When I'm sober everyone is less angry with me but I hate my life.

Feels bad.
>>
>>25047816

Are ya prone to having blackouts?
>>
>>25048286

No because I can handle my liquor.
>>
>>25048324

Are you prone to havin' blackouts?
>>
>>25048477

No. No matter how much I've had to drink, I always remember the night before.
>>
>tfw been drinking alone for most weekends
>tfw built up a ridiculous tolerance
>160lbs and 15 shots in a night doesn't do much to me
Gonna switch to beer this weekend. Will be the last time I'll be able to drink in a very long time.
>>
>>25047786
Man thats a rare pepe
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.