[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever had to drop a friend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_mgvf8pqK0M1ridsxco1_250.gif (521 KB, 200x112) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgvf8pqK0M1ridsxco1_250.gif
521 KB, 200x112
Coming back from college I realized that I was very different from the friends I left behind and I eventually parted ways with them

First bro
>was chill as shit during high school
>didn't take shit from anyone
>had a wide array of interests from sports, to star wars, to various anime, to Warhammer 40k
>played on the football team
>always stood up for people were being shit on
> got mad tail
>always tried to hook people up with women
>helped me get a part time job
>overall great guy
>Joined the military, and we parted ways

Came back from college
>said he saw god in his sleep while overseas
>became really religiously insane
>seems to be afraid of simple things like going hiking and how we have to take precautions
>every action he takes is dictated by a hillbilly clergy
>always makes comments about heracy and degeneracy
>doesn't like anything that "adults" wouldn't like
>he pretty much became /pol/ saying biggoted shit and listening to fox news
>had sex with several girls but tells me how torn up he is about it
>breaks down and tells me me his family is broken and he was abused by his alcoholic mother, his father wasn't his real dad, and his ultimate goal is to have a family
>dates disgusting girl from high school who has kids out of wedlock who shares /pol/ views
>eventually ditches her and gets married to someone on christian singles who met 3 months previously
> she is very controlling and gains 50 pounds after marriage
>He moved away and Ihaven't seen him since.
>>
I've dropped a lot.

I recently dropped a kind of best friend because he finally did something that broke the camels back so I cut his ass off.

It usually feels better. Like breaking up with an insane partner.
>>
>>25046261
I've dropped a bunch of friends. Stopped talking to a long time bro because he was such a whiny bitch. Dude was insecure as shit and it got old as hell. You would say one little thing at his expense and he'd get all pissy but would spend most of his time shit talking other people. He was also obsessed with his gf cheating on him (she ugly) and wouldn't shut the fuck up about it.

Some people just gotta go.
>>
Most of my high school friends. They've all moved on and have new groups of friends and girlfriends now. Instead of pretending we're still in high school and meeting once every 6 months or so, I've just cut contact. It's better this way. More honest at least
>>
2nd bro
> Generally an alright dude
>angry most of the time because he was carrying inner city angst
>aided me with computer shit over the years
>he sort of scared people because of his anger
>he often skipped school
>always helpful and had a good family
>if you wanted to just chill out and have a good time playing vidya
he was the dude for it
> loved hikes in the woods too

Came back from college
> he seemed stranger than before, the lack of ambition and stagnation got to him
>seemed much happier, and stated he was only angry because he was a virgin
>seemed as though 4chan was dictating his every thought
>before he mentioned anything he mentioned how /b/,/po/,or /b/ said it
>always wanted fine dinning
>started liking traps bc 4chan told him to do it
> fucked a trap on live cam
>dated a girl with no teeth bc of /r9k/ tfw no gf
>I stopped talking to him during that
> afterward he started having unprotected sex and made shitty threads on r9k about cumming inside of vaginas
>he said it was to counter act the traps
> finally had enough of his shit and ditched him for good
>>
>>25046382
>>25046300
Tell me about it bro, I feel like a mountain has been taken off of my back.
>>
>tfw friend is slowly becoming an SJW despite my best fucking efforts

Going to have to drop him soon, which means I'll be down to zero friends. Fuck you, education degree program, for corrupting him.
>>
>>25046261

Many, MANY times.

I have anxiety/severe trust issues though, so if I feel like someone is taking advantage of me in any way I just cut them off immediately
>>
That OP pic is my fetish. I just want a big fat robot to use and abuse me however he wants.
>>
Yep.

Used to have a friend that was REALLY short.

Like 5 foot tall.

He would repel women constantly, he'd make me look even taller and I'm 6'2 already, which was good, but they didn't even want to be around him so eventually we stopped inviting him out with us.

He's getting married now to some 3/10 chavet.
>>
File: mio_smoking.png (148 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
mio_smoking.png
148 KB, 300x300
I knew this guy:
>sweetest guy I ever knew
>had a way of smiling that made you feel like everything was going to turn out all right
>always went in for a hug
>a bit naive, but not dumb
>a bit taciturn

Due to a turn of fate, I didn't see him for over a year. When I meet him again:
>started smoking weed and drinking on the regular
>started hanging out with drug dealers
>looks like a skeleton
>chain smokes
>dropped out of school
>joined a "gang" (which is really a bunch of drop out suburban kids)
>never smiles anymore, but just leers at everything
>all around - a total degenerate

Breaks my heart to think about it.
>>
Back in the summer after middle school I pretty much had a breakdown and cut off all contact with everyone I spoke to and it took me a year or two to really feel comfortable talking to people again

Other than that I've only dropped one other person because I realized how shallow and immature she was
>>
Just one guy who stole some weed from people in town and had the shit beat out of him. This town is too small to have the wrong connections.
>>
>everyone goes off to college
>they come back and they're all SJW

Is college like the pods from Invasion of the Body Snatchers? We used to play Counter-Strike together and now they bitch about how video games are sexist
>>
>>25049967
is this college now?
Or what. I exited five years ago , and I am not an sjw.
What do you define as an sjw btw?
>>
File: 1450226456253.jpg (121 KB, 1078x1089) Image search: [Google]
1450226456253.jpg
121 KB, 1078x1089
Yeah, just recently.
>Friend I had kind of a falling out for a few years nothing serious just we ended up moving to different schools and I had to get serious
>2 years ago He wants to hang out and drive around with some friends
>decide to go for it
>pretty fun but he starts acting really weird like we're at restaurant and pouring salt in my drink cup and trying to pour a cup of cheese for nachos, I felt second hand cringe cause I had to calm him down from his laugh fit
>Fast forward to another time we're hanging out and his friend brings up his probation
>he tells me he got arrested for having sex with a 13 year old.
>So that shit was pretty weird tried not to let it get past our friendship, but it didn't seem like he saw the mistakes he made and posts loli on Facebook
>Every time we talk it's just him complaining about inane shit
>Tries to put people down like he's smarter than everyone(for example one day he was bitching saying "This girl tried to correct ME on Japanese" when he doesn't even know the language or is just self taught from anime)
So tl;dr I used to have fun and nice conversations with this guy but every time he talks I get mad. I don't really have a lot of friends but eh
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 500x581) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 500x581
>Be me
>Kissless
>Hugless
>Handholdless
>Virgin
>Meet qt grill at uni
>Find out she has a bf
>Text her all the time from 10am one morning to 2am the next usually
>Think she likes me
>But once again, she has a BF
WAT DO?!
Pic related is kinda what she looks like
>>
>>25050536
She's just using you. BF gets to fill her holes while you fill in the emotional gaps. You can orbit and see if you get a chance after her bf leaves but like your just a backup plan at that point.
>>
It's actually really common for people to come back from college and fall out with high school friends.

In high school, for the most part, everyone is pretty much doing the same things. You might have a couple of electives, but you're getting a pretty general education. Outside of clubs or sports, you make your friends pretty much because they're there and unless you have no desire for any type of companionship, you don't want to spend seven or eight hours a day stuck at school not talking to anyone. Once you get to college, since everyone is starting to specialize, you start to meet people whose interests align more closely with your own. Outside of possible university core requirements, you're taking classes with people who have at least somewhat similar goals in life and you find it's much easier to connect with them. By the time you're done with your first semester, you come to realize that you really don't have too much in common with your high school friends and you guys naturally drift in different directions.

Not saying that this is what happened to you because it seems like your friends genuinely changed a lot out of nowhere, but this happens to a lot of people. Then again, your friends could just be finally finding out who they wanna be and where they want their lives to go.
>>
>>25050638
yeah I was gone for four years, people generally say I've stayed pretty much the same though.

Being around people with the same goals is amazing though
>>
>>25050536
I've been there man and nothing good can come of this. , the best thing you can do is dropp it, I am sure there are plenty of other bitches at your school.
Go to functions, clubs, the school gym if there is one, and meet people.
Trust me
>>
File: 13860214264.png (23 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
13860214264.png
23 KB, 800x800
I'm the one that gets dropped.
>>
I never had friends
>>
>Kid that everyone hates
>I'm quite a polite guy
>he confuses my politeness for friendship
>he's clingy as fuck and I couldn't be bothered to shake him off
>I learnt a lot of social shit with him- how to not be an autist, street knowledge, general shit
>he starts going to shisha cafes which I can't afford, always calls me a Jew but I just don't get enough money for that
>always insulting me, is a huge Jew- never gives you a penny without telling you terms, and always trying to give me weed,
>never introudces me to his friends
>I start to realise i never meet new people
>I start to realise why everyone hated him
>ditch him
>he still calls asking to chill
>>
>>25052486
>he confuses my politeness for friendship
I hate this.
>>
>>25052486
Cont.
>he's always bragging about his money, social life etc
>always asking about my friends
>whenever I'm seeing my friends I just tell him I'm doing something autistic so he doesn't get curious
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.