[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we get a comfy/hobby thread? Hide from the shitposting here.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 922x692) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 922x692
Can we get a comfy/hobby thread? Hide from the shitposting here.

What have you been up to lately robots?
>>
>>25042753

Pretty sweet Flames of War table.
>>
>>25042782
It's just a random pic. I don't actually play, I just want to get into it. I bought some models/pieces when I was young but never actually played, and I just found them in my closet and that hit me right in the gut.
>>
>>25042846

Ah, I never really got into FoW, but I used to play me some 40k and Warmahordes back in the day.

Then between rule sets changing and moving I just never got back to it. Really wish I had a nice FLGS here to go to, but they're all comics only type places, none of them bother having tables for that shit for some reason.
>>
>>25042923
I'm contemplating going to my towns only gaming store at some point. The main question is how much Xanax do I take to remain social without seeming like an intoxicated jackass.
>>
I've been writing a lot lately. I don't really write stories, I just like to listen to comfy music and describe the most perfect comfy setting. I include time of year, weather, day, music playing on the radio, description of the house/apartment, whatever. I just like to imagine I'm in a big comfy cabin in the middle of a summer night getting drunk during a rainstorm. Or numerous other scenarios. Just relaxes me.
>>
>>25042972
I've been writing some lately too. It's edgy bullshit, but it feels good to be expressive I guess. I've had a couple people tell me I have genuine potential, but everything that comes out always ends up feeling either cringe worthy or gutless.
>>
>>25042955

It's worth checking out.

Their usually isn't that many people around with that specific hobby, so once you're into it you all have something in common. You don't have to be particularly social. You just have to know the rules, don't cheat, don't be a prick.

As a rule of thumb nerds will tolerate each others assburgers to a greater degree than the general public anyway.
>>
>>25043072
I get I should get off my ass and try it some day
>>
File: `.jpg (61 KB, 549x696) Image search: [Google]
`.jpg
61 KB, 549x696
I've been trying to draw for a few weeks now, but I'm really, really garbage.
>>
>>25043172

Keep at it man, like table top painting, it gets better with time. You don't start out painting perfect eyes on figures.
>>
The other night I made a loaf of banana bread and i really miss baking.

Kneading bread by hand is borderline therapeutic; my brain shuts down and all i think about is pushing, pulling, and hitting the dough. Its satisfying to make a loaf of sourdough from scratch, like you're capable of so much more potential.

Male btw
>>
Fucking hell, I was just looking at OPs pic for ages thinking "that's a nice tranquil looking village, I'd love to live in a place like that" before I realized it was being raped
>>
File: 1352528462528.gif (491 KB, 499x428) Image search: [Google]
1352528462528.gif
491 KB, 499x428
3DCG.

>Tfw snow shader
>>
File: IMG_20151213_191013617.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151213_191013617.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>25043644
I made a bean pie lately. It looks pretty unassuming, but it tasted fairly good. Was fun to make a pie most people haven't tried. I initially fucked up the crust size and had to roll it out a second time.

I haven't made actual normal bread in a long time. My last other thing was bagels, and before then I hadn't been doing any baking at all. I always do these things in cycles kind of. The one time I tried to make sourdough the starter got fucked and I didn't care enough to try again.

Also a guy.
>>
>>25043172
Actually dude, you have a pretty good eye for form and motion. Try doing gesture drawings - watch people walk around or move, and try to replicate the form of their motion with a few seconds. You can crank out thumbnails of those really quickly and they go a long way towards improving your concept of motion and anatomy.

I've been drawing a bit too, I'm garbage on physical mediums though. Lately I'be been practicing cartooning with random shapes, though once I get my drawing tablet in I'm jumping into the more complex anatomy stuff.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-16-19-50-08.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-16-19-50-08.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Papercraft and gun stuff. I also like to keep fish. I'm working on a paper gun that I may try to fire live ammo out of. I plan on making a youtube video on it in a few minutes here. Pic is mostly what I have done. There's a few parts not shown.
>>
Cooking, music, fitness
Best hobbies.
>>
File: fewrrew.jpg (60 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
fewrrew.jpg
60 KB, 500x375
>>25043644
My bread brother.
>>
>>25043777
7/10 pie. Would eat

Maybe start off with just doing a no-knead recipe to get comfortable again with glutens and yeast? Also you can just hotwire your starter with yeast; save yourself a month or two.
>>
>>25043819
UGH MY GOD
I wanna eat that so bad.
>>
>>25043851
I mean I'm sure I could get right back into it. I'm pretty good at just working my way through it.
>>
>>25043799
>papercraft gun
Saged, hidden, reported, doxx'd, DDOS'd, notified the State Police and the Cyberpolice, phone is bugged, FBI van and SWAT Teams on their way, bomb threats called in, borders closed, all international airlines grounded, FOX News Headlines falsified, JIDF mobilised, Madagascar has stopped all travel, Vaults have been sealed, hard drives wiped, moon landing recordings taped over, SkyNet activated, ICBMs en route, Soylent Green verified to be people, got EVERYONE.

Shut
It
Down
>>
>>25043172
that's a damn good start
keep going
>>
>>25044004
>tfw people don't realize making your own gun is still legal
I've talked about doing this in front of other people a few times and they all go NOPE THAT'S ILLEGAL YOU'RE TOTALLY GOING TO JAIL ENJOY ASSRAPE.
>>
>>25044076
Making a gun is legal so long as it's ATF compliant, which means they may just label it a destructive device or whatever out of spite.
But a papercraft thing like you're making is probably fine, if it even fires. You just can't go around machining Tek-9s and Obrez's in your basement
>>
>>25044127
I wasn't that guy. Anyway, I think the most important legal distinction is the open bolt issue. If the gun you make is open bolt, which all extremely simple homemade guns are, it's illegal because it's "readily convertible" to fully automatic. So a single shot open bolt pistol will get you fucked by the ATF almost as hard as a submachinegun.
>>
File: 1322983757604.png (391 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1322983757604.png
391 KB, 1000x750
>>25044004
I was inspired by this guy many years ago. Here's a video of him shooting an ak he made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl5BLMoplcI

>>25044076
That happens a lot. I own real guns and am familiar with the laws involved in making a gun. This is just a fun, not serious, project of mine. I'm making a makarov that is maybe chambered in .22lr and uses a real steel barrel. I'll make a paper barrel and shoot my own jackass loads though. Maybe anyway. I have a few different ideas in mind.

>>25044127
Destructive devices are not typical guns. You actually could machine a number of guns in your basement and be just fine. You can buy 80% receivers and finish them without having to do any paper work. Just make sure they're not full auto, or an sbr or sbs, or silenced, or anything fun like that. The bore also can't be bigger than .50 and the projectile can't be explosive and various other things, in which case it would be a destructive device.
>>
File: 1443818058164.jpg (420 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1443818058164.jpg
420 KB, 1920x1080
>>25042753

Tabletop gaming is a great way to escape normies. They will never infiltrate and ruin that like they did with vidya games.
>>
>>25044204
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a fairly simple means to convert most basic open bolt constructions to closed bolt? Or else there's some kind of sear delay that can be put in that prevents the gun from ever firing in sequence?
I'm pretty sure the latter is a staple on a lot of firearms in California, not sure what the ATF would say about that on a homemade system though.

Anyways, on-topic I've been really wanting to get into shooting for about a year now. I'm from the South so I've played around with BB guns and a 20g babby's first shotgun, but never anything bigger. If I were on better terms with my Dad I'd love to play around with his small collection of Fuddsticks.
As is I'll probably jump on the milsurp bandwagon at some point. I live bear the Steyr regional store down here and I love their stuff, but I don't really need a carry gun or an AUG.
>>
I'm currently trying to develop a video game with some friends. I'm having problems writing the story though, which is kind of a big deal since the game is an (action) RPG. All of my friends are blanking on ideas too, so we're kind of stuck. Anyone here have any ideas for an RPG set in the near future?
>>
>>25044309
Honestly I don't know enough guns to have any answer to that.

I recently turned 18 and am half considering buying a second gun, other than my little .22. But I barely leave the house, I'd probably almost never get to the range.
>>
File: broken.jpg (21 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
broken.jpg
21 KB, 300x169
I fixed an old CB radio today. The display was broken, but now it works fine. It's a good radio. Truckers never want to talk to me though.
>>
>>25044531
I always dreamed of playing a game that's very heavily urban-exploration based, where buildings would be designed with realistic layouts and exploring is an essential game mechanic.
You'd have to watch for cameras, security, bystanders. Bystanders would be less suspicious by default but would call police or security if they see you doing something too weird.
That mechanic would fit in a lot of different scenarios but I always imagined it taking place in a South American city run by a powerful narco-state and you play a spy and saboteur working with a resistance organization, going through factories, research laboratories and other government facilities.
>>
>>25044531
love interest
love interest dies
>>
>>25044531

>play as a vault after a nuclear apocalypse
>must prevent a father and son from leaving it

Hurry up before Bethesda uses that for Fallout 5
>>
File: solidskill.jpg (231 KB, 632x840) Image search: [Google]
solidskill.jpg
231 KB, 632x840
>>25043172
I remember the first short story I wrote. Fuckin cried it was so bad.
Keep at it.
It gets better and way more fun.
>>
>>25044620
Change channels and get on a larger frequency band, hit up other countries once you get a dish, there's a lot of forums too where entire groups will spam one channel and just chat and drink beer or what not.
>>
I make music. Been working on this ambient thing recently:
https://clyp.it/y20qb4ss
It's for a flash game.
>>
>>25045098
I don't have an amateur radio license or anything like that. Nor any transmitter more powerful or advanced than a CB radio.
I've got a couple of shortwave receivers though and sometimes I listen around.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.