[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
video games aren't fun anymore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 14
File: kuckuck.png (492 KB, 580x365) Image search: [Google]
kuckuck.png
492 KB, 580x365
anyone feel me
>>
>>25039779
I do, just stopped playing.
Haven't played any games for three months now.
>>
already played all the classic old games
there's nowhere left to go
>>
>>25039998
So what do you do now? Vidya lost its magic for me a while ago, but there's nothing else so I keep buying games playing them for a few hours, and then spend the rest of my time doing drugs and wallowing in self-pity.
>>
File: 1448668029054.jpg (17 KB, 540x414) Image search: [Google]
1448668029054.jpg
17 KB, 540x414
>>25039779

They start feeling like a chore, don't they?
>>
File: 1449879197687.jpg (28 KB, 380x250) Image search: [Google]
1449879197687.jpg
28 KB, 380x250
>download vidya
>play it once or twice

>download anime
>watch for a few minutes then never touch it again

>download movie
>think two hours is too much time even though i do nothing all day

>everyday consists of listening to music and shitposting on 4chan until i get tired
>>
File: 1.gif (743 KB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
743 KB, 245x300
>tfw video games and anime are no longer fun
>>
File: 1449370364541.jpg (59 KB, 492x419) Image search: [Google]
1449370364541.jpg
59 KB, 492x419
You have to change it up somehow. If you're playing the same games over and over, of course you're going to fall out with them. And sitting in front of your computer/console forever with no change will make you bored too.

2 suggestions:
Build a backlog, run through it.
or
Stop playing completely for 3+ months, then come back.
>>
>>25041414

we are the exact same person.
>>
File: man-screaming.jpg (108 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
man-screaming.jpg
108 KB, 800x534
>>25041414
>think two hours is too much time even though i do nothing all day
murder me
>>
>>25039779
after fallout 4 i've lost all enjoyment in vidya.

the only game i can even see myself getting remotely excited about it undertale and i don't have the money to buy it
>>
File: crongles.jpg (78 KB, 625x416) Image search: [Google]
crongles.jpg
78 KB, 625x416
>>25041534
just pirate that shit. It won't be worth it though
>>
Depression and overplaying. Give them a break for a while. When you want to play them do something else. Come a few month's time you'll either like them again or have moved on from them.
>>
>>25041574
i don't like to pirate because then I hoard shit

I already have 800gb of cartoon seasons that i'll never watch

at least with my steam account me being broke prevents that
>>
>>25041584
>do something else.
are you......a normie?
>>
>>25041639
No, I mean do something like jerk off or go for a nightwalk until that eventually gets boring too.
>>
>>25041620
Entertainment let us down and left to die
I'm gonna kill myself by chugging sriracha tonight
It's my only way out
>>
has any one seen any youtube videos by pete dorr?
>>
I'm about to buy a little android TV box and load up all my movies, Chinese girl cartoons, and emulators. I've played most of the snes but I haven't even started on the Playstation and n64 games. I just hope 1g ram is enough. The chinaman says it's like an 8 core processor or some bullshit. If it can play 3D asd 1080i I'm thinking it can handle my games. Maybe not the 10bit animu but I usually watch in 720p anyway unless I just really love the series and will rewatch some day. It's only $40 and I'll enjoy tinkering. I don't know shit about android and it can do so much. I want to control the games by wireless controllers and do all the nongame shit on a cheap tablet.
>>
>>25041620

I always feel really good when I sit through an entire show. I got my little brothers and sisters hooked on anime. I can't have them surpassing me now.
>>
File: CantWakeUp.gif (205 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
CantWakeUp.gif
205 KB, 500x500
In the same exact position as everyone else, I haven't touch a video game since March. I got into music thought which is a really nice thing I guess (not playing, just listening). At least I have lots of monies from not buying video games, started a vinyl collection which is pretty cool I guess. Also I tend to watch Anime, but find it pretty difficult to watch the majority of them. I have to find a show with zero romance and no school life. It just hurts me to watch those because it reminds me of how much I fucked up in my early life.
>>
>>25041850
within one month your soul will be dead and you will be crying and screaming from boredom bro, I'm sorry
>>
i literally turn on my ps4, start a game, play 5 mins and then turn it off
and then i don't touch any other games in 2 weeks
>>
>>25041915
I hoard them so I can have that experience myself someday
>>
>>25041919
What bands you like bro
and what anime, I have similar taste
Also the vinyl hobby spirals into a horrifying shopping addiction quickly bro
>>
>vidya/anime were the last hobbies that distracted you, there's nothing left to make you temporarily happy

will I dream?
>>
>>25041348
You aren't the only one, anon. I have the exact same problem.
>>
>>25039779
Felt that way several years ago. Rehab helped. Except now I just shitpost on /pol/ most of the time when I should be studying for courses I'm not interested in.

>Although there is hope, I've found a gf and will start volunteering at a hospital and doing contract work to fill my days until I get into BSN or med tech program
>gf is into outdoorsy shit that I like to do but can't find anyone else to go with because I'm a bit of a sperg, work schedules conflict and whatnot
>>
>scroll through 84 games on steam
>don't feel like playing any of them
>can't run half of them because I haven't finished buying the parts for my new computer
>it's been at least six months since I started
>think finishing the build will motivate me to play games
>somehow can't keep myself saving money
>>
>>25041982
lot's of /mu/ core, but mostly emo and low-fi
>Swans
>American Football
>Mac DeMarco
Anime can vary but I really like these from current season:
>Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka??
>Yuru Yuri SanHai!
>Go! Princess Precure
Basically Anime without a real plot so I can just put it on during some free time. Yeah I can tell how it can be addicting. I tend to only buy vinyls that I know I will listen to forever and never grow out of. I have around 15-17ish vinyls but around 450 albums on my computer.
>>
>>25041976

I was really surprised by their tastes. My youngest sister was into the darker shit. I suggested Jigoku Shoujo and she loved it. Later she asked me if I saw Elfen Lied. It turns out she downloaded and watched it herself. I'm still waiting for one of them to mention boku no pico.
>>
>>25041348
>>25042023

same tbq, could we start a gang
>>
>>25042027
Normies need to be burned at the stake
>>
>>25042040

>have tons of spending money because 0 fucks given on buying anything/and have no friends
>constantly buy gaming rigs/expensive parts every 1-2 years when I get excited for a new game or MMO
>wears off almost instantly, feel mountains of regret over purchases
>when it's time to replace, I dismantle and destroy all the expensive cases/internals and throw them away
>do it all over again

Been stuck in this loop for over a decade, I'm 30.
>>
>>25042045
cool bro i check some of them shits out.
kill normies
>>
>>25042103
fuckin autist, why not sell it on craiglist or kijiji and recover some shekels. i'm triggered.
>>
File: the debate.jpg (87 KB, 599x658) Image search: [Google]
the debate.jpg
87 KB, 599x658
>>25039779
Yeah thats why I just read this and be happy knowing Kylo kills Han.
>>
When your old ones fail you, you need to move on to a new hobby.
>>
>>25042102
But then who will pay for your NEETBUX, anon-kun? Who will ensure that you are able to sit at you desk and play vidya all day while fed with an IV drip? Who will make the propaganda that makes sure that you will stay out of the labour market, squander your talent, and never breed whilst the rest of us run the world?

Normies are essential for your survival, whereas your only use is to keep video game developers from starving.
>>
File: Ff13-char-cid.png (1 MB, 900x1920) Image search: [Google]
Ff13-char-cid.png
1 MB, 900x1920
>>25039779
>stop playing video games for a while
>just browsing the internet
>one day decide fuck it I'm going to buy some new video games and finish an old one
>finally beat the boss in FF13-2; the game was so fucking easy for some reason oh right I was level 99 in everything lol
>buy 3 new video games
>one is Dragon Age Inquisition
>get HOOKED on DA:I for 3 months straight, even played it all through the night
>beat it
>play the second game FF-Type 0
>beat it
>play Lightning Returns
>absolute garbage
>shut it off
>stop playing video games
>still haven't turned on my system
I think it has to do with the quality of the games.
>>
Video games are repetitive.
If you have played 1-2 decades, you pretty much have seen everything.

The more recent ones are just graphical upgrades.

Virtual reality is still but tech demos and you need some high-end hardware to even get the required framerates.

Either those head-mounted displays vanish again from the market completely or it just stays alive to get really relevant with the next console generation which will feature hardware strong enough to get any decent gaming developers on board to program a decent game that gives you a new experience.
>>
File: 1443831443657.jpg (32 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1443831443657.jpg
32 KB, 640x360
>>25042407
If you like DA:I you would probably like witcher 3
also
>console
>>
>>25041414
shit me too.. damnit
>>
>>25039779
>tfw mostly play fps's
>Take a break then come back and get mlg'ed on
>Use latent skills to come back and do well
>Match ends and dont feel like another
Fucking twitch degradation,oh well at least im spending that time better anyway.
>>
>>25042478
I have TW3 for PC
What about
>console
?
>>
>>25042419
Still planning on killing yourself, Loserbernd?
>>
>>25042419
You sound like a casual.
>>
>>25039779
>tfw I've been playing more free mobile games than any 60$ PC or console game

feels good man

I also like the fact that most of them have an "energy bar" that runs out and refills over time or some other waiting mechanic that breaks up my gaming time and spreads it over time.
If anyone wants any recommendation for mobile games, hit me up, I play a lot of turn-based RPGs, strategy games, strategy-RPGs, a lot of Japanese games, etc.
>>
>>25041348
So you admit you do nothing all day.

That's why vidya has lost it's appeal. Go pick a job off of the job tree then maybe kicking back to play a game will become something you look at fondly.
>>
>>25043034
>That's why vidya has lost it's appeal. Go pick a job off of the job tree then maybe kicking back to play a game will become something you look at fondly.
Not him, but I play MMORPGs like livelihoods and never get bored of them.
>>
>>25043088
You're also only like 19 years young.
>>
File: a day of the life.jpg (43 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
a day of the life.jpg
43 KB, 540x540
>reading a book a week for 4 years
>stock up on lit
>don't like it all of a sudden
what's the deal with that?
>>
File: 1447498859604.png (243 KB, 745x747) Image search: [Google]
1447498859604.png
243 KB, 745x747
I only play wizards poker now days...
>>
File: tai lopez.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
tai lopez.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>25043255
fiction or non-fiction?
>>
It's more of being so autistic even little bugs, jaggies and fps drops break your immersion and cannot play anymore, at least for me
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK