[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dream Songs/Musical Epiphanies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
So does anyone believe in true songs? By that I mean a song that you so personally relate with (one that may or may not even exist) that you can literally feel it in your soul (or some shit I don't even know) when you hear it.

I had a dream maybe 8 or 9 years ago where I heard a song in that dream and I feel like it was my true song. Upon waking up I immediately forgot it and went on with my life. Last night I had that dream again and on waking up again I forgot most of the lyrics.

Thing is, the lyrics I do remember I tried google searching and nothing came up. I tried varying the words or the ordering and still nothing related came up.

Just food for thought.
>>
never really experienced this but it intrigues me
>>
Your brain makes up stuff and emotions when dreaming, I often wake up in the middle of a dream, completely wrapped up in emotions. But next morning it's nothing.
>>
>>25038341
What lyrics do you remember?
This has happened to me
>>
I've heard new music I've never heard before during my isolation tank sessions. It's interesting.
>>
>>25038874
"Our tribe burns through years
like the sun burns the sky
like the day burns the night"

That's all I can remember
>>
Yes!

I have an immense love to Virgin Mary but there's an infinite distance between Heaven and Earth, that's my biggest cross. There's been two dreams: in the first I was in a sky blue room with some same color curtains on a window I was beneath. I was staring out and hearing this orchestral song depicting my inner sadness as I couldn't bear irl, it was devastating.

The other one I was an orchestra director performing many songs I wrote myself. Some were sad other glorious but all of them incredibly beautiful. Very touching

I believe they were solace I needed to xarry on
>>
>>25039137
I believe it was a message from people in purgatory
>>
>>25038916
Interesting. Care to share?
>>
>>25038341
that's called a dream, idiot
>>
It is very rare for people to hear music while dreaming. Something like 18% of the population. Most of that are musicians if I remember correctly. I am a musician and sometimes hear melodies in dreams that will later show up in stuff I write. I rarely ever hear lyrics though. Apparently Fredy Mercury had a keyboard next to his bed so he could immediately write songs he heard in his dreams.
>>
>>25039633
OP here, I'm a mathematician, but I have dabbled a little in music, nothing more than trying to learn songs from video games though. I've read articles on the link between music and mathematics and wrote a paper on the subject for my undergrad thesis; maybe that's somehow linked?
>>
>>25039706
Oh it is definitely linked. Music and math are very much related. If you have any sort of interest in music then your brain has probably picked up on certain patterns in music and plays with them while you are dreaming. I'm very curious about the lyrics though. Do you write poetry at all or something like that?
>>
>>25039789
Never written poetry before actually, and in fact most of the music I listen to is without lyrics, which is why I found this so interesting.
>>
>>25039942
Well seems to be that you're just a really creative guy. Don't let that go to waste OP, make something great!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.