[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Man Letting On The Hill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1447267041622.jpg (56 KB, 465x700) Image search: [Google]
1447267041622.jpg
56 KB, 465x700
It's been 7 years now since this nightmare began. I live in solitude on a formerly abandoned house on the hill. I've done many renovations to the house since I moved here, and I've turned it into quite the home. I completely fixed all the holes in the roof and gave the whole exterior a few new coats of paint. I've also sealed most of the cracks in the wall and repaired some of the water damage in the attic. The doors and the windows however, were a completely different matter.

I've had to remove all of the locks from the doors because it makes the creature a lot less violent - it seems to hate not being able to make it's way in through the doors, which in the past resulted in the worst events. The windows on the other hand I replaced with metal doors as the glass would never survive the most frequently occurring kind of event.

It comes and goes at regular intervals and always makes sure to make its presence known. For the most part it is completely harmless, but on some days it can get quite aggressive. It lurks in the halls and wails, at varying pitches and intensities, the same set of utterances; The most common of which is: "When will they leaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarn".

(contd.)
>>
>>25036042

One of the most peculiar of it's practices takes place usually in the evening. It normally starts with the sudden appearance of a single wooden post in the yard. After some time more and more wooden posts will appear. These posts are quite well made, and look as if they could possibly be used to construct something greater if the creature were so inclined. It's definitely not as mindless or malevolent as one would expect from a haunting spectre and I like to image that one day it will tire of the antics and finally use its superior crafting skills to perhaps help out with maintaining the house; For now however, it makes the posts. Each post is 5 centimetres in diameter and stands 1 meter high above the ground; A hidden 30 centimetres is firmly planted into the ground to hold it steady. The posts are perfectly cylindrical except for the last 15 centimetres at the top end. The posts widens smoothly towards the top to form a circular platform that is 10 centimetres in diameter. The posts are positioned in a scattered fashion with at least 20 centimetres of distance being in between each post and its nearest neighbour. There doesn't seem to be any other constraint in the ordering of the posts and they appear to be randomly distributed otherwise.

After enough posts collect in the yard, it begins herding frogs into the maze of wood. It lures the frogs into the yard using large clumps of dead insects, these seem to drive the frogs wild. Each ball of insects is roughly the same size as a tennis ball. The creature seems to be able to suspend hundreds of these balls and move them independently to direct the frogs. Usually the balls consist entirely of dead flies, but they can contain beetles, crickets and grass hoppers too. It has a strong preference for brown grasshoppers.

(contd.)
>>
Ghosts don't into real, fuck off back to >>>/x/
>>
>>25036058

It uses the bait to trick the frogs into jumping atop the posts. After a frog is successfully docked on a post, the frog will then be kept in place by suspending its mass of bait above the post. The bait is kept just close enough to keep the animal interested, but not enough for the frogs to actually be able to take a bite. Sometimes the frog's attention will be drawn by what appears to be a more accessible piece of bait and the frog will leap of the post and start chasing it. This normally results in the previous clump of insects being brought near enough to the frog for it to regain interest and they it will again be lured to the top of the nearest post. This continues for however long it takes to place exactly one frog on top of each post and it can last sometimes for hours. During the entire event, the creature never handles the frogs directly and prefers to coax the frogs into position instead. This reluctance to handle living beings directly seems to be a reoccurring theme with the creature and I have come to suspect that it is in fact incapable of handling any living being directly. I myself have never been touched directly or indirectly nor have I ever seen this done to any other living thing; I believe that this may be a self-imposed restriction or perhaps a universal restriction put on all such creatures - I plan to someday find out, someday soon.

(contd.)
>>
File: 1449093382084.jpg (33 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1449093382084.jpg
33 KB, 500x375
>>25036132

Eventually one frog will be positioned on top of each post, and then the feeding will begin. Each mass of dead insects is lowered down to the appropriate frog and the animals begin to eat. The feeding continues without interruption until each one eats its fill of insects. When each frog is full it loses interest in the bait and it jumps off of its platform. It will then hop away in the same direction it came from until it disappears from view; the bait it had been eating is then promptly discarded on the now vacant post. This process continues until there are no frogs left, then - silence. I call this particular practice "frog posting".

End for now. What do you faggots think?
>>
>>25036121
What is subtext?
Holy Fucking Shit Hiro, Fuck Off With Your Dame Robot
>>
See you on page ten, OP
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.