[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
robot-approved books?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 9781592244300_p0_v1_s260x420.jpg (19 KB, 260x390) Image search: [Google]
9781592244300_p0_v1_s260x420.jpg
19 KB, 260x390
robot-approved books?
>>
>Oblomov
>Murphy
>The Book of Disquiet
>Kokoro
>>
>>25034454
Any Bukowski (especially Ham on rye and Factotum) or Fante books
>>
File: TheStranger_BookCover3.jpg (22 KB, 203x285) Image search: [Google]
TheStranger_BookCover3.jpg
22 KB, 203x285
This is the most robot book I have ever read. Some autists will disagree because the main character has sex
>>
File: r9klit.jpg (754 KB, 1235x2049) Image search: [Google]
r9klit.jpg
754 KB, 1235x2049
these are the basic ones
>>
>Confessions of a Mask by Mishima
>Cows by Stokoe
>Anything by Samuel Beckett
>>
>inb4 The God Delusion

>My Brief History by Stephen Hawking
Memoir of my favorite robot of all time. He's pretty funny and his life is so interesting.
>>
>>25035620
Meursault is more robot than most robots here. He doesn't really care about interactions of any kind. He doesn't feel tfw no gf. He has transcended far beyond it.
>>
Perfume by Patrick Suskind.
>>
i fucking hate /lit/ hipsters.
>>
>>25035876
What? Every book in this thread so far is well-known (and not just on /lit/). It's not our fault you're a pleb.
>>
>>25035970
it's because you all think you are deep, but you just post the well known works, and not the most robot works by each author.

like notes from the underground. hence why you are hipsters. this is just another "identity" for you display
>>
Reading fiction damages your brain.

If a work of fiction presents knowledge figuratively/allegorically/parabolically/whatever, that knowledge could be better conveyed explicitly and unambiguously.
>>
>>25036059
What shall we read then, True Robot?
>>
>>25036096
Nonfiction is still written and read subjectively, no difference
>>
>>25036143
you shouldn't read at all imo. someone like you wont benefit from it.
>>
>>25036282
As I expected, you have no suggestions. Kill yourself.
>>
>>25036096
>he spends hours on 4chan but fears the damage reading Dostoevsky might have on his brain

WEW LAD
E
W

L
A
D
>>
>>25036457
I could make a suggestion, but I don't think you would benefit from reading it.

You should dumb it down a bit. These authors are a bit too much for you. If you come back in a couple of years I'll suggest you something I enjoyed reading.
>>
>>25036537
Nah, you're full of shit. You have no suggestions.
>>
>>25036615
reverse psychology does not work on a man of my intelligence.
>>
>>25036877
OK, stay pleb
>>
>>25035538

>book of disquiet

Can confirm this shit, it's depressing as all hell. But also beautiful.

>kokoro
Interesting, I was gonna get that soon. Looking forward to it
>>
I really like PKD
>>
>people trying to flaunt their intelligence on an anonymous image board
>in the land of robots of all places
g-gotta impress my fellow anons
>>
>>25037000
>reading books is a sign of intelligence

Found the illiterate!
>>
>>25034454

>The Karamazov Brothers
>>
>>25037038
nooooo!!!!!! i was refering to >>25036537 this guy. i am not illira-.. iller-.. i can read
>>
>>25034454
I would recommend American Psycho (all memes about the movie aside). Patrick is in most ways a massive Chad, but at the sake time he's mentally ill and wants to kill all normies, so there's a lot relatable there for a scornful robot.
>>
>>25035699
I have No Longer Human. Very robot book.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.