[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi everyone, anti-buddha here. I just wanted to let you all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: this dog.jpg (183 KB, 497x500) Image search: [Google]
this dog.jpg
183 KB, 497x500
Hi everyone, anti-buddha here.

I just wanted to let you all know that I rescind all of my beliefs posted here on /r9k/. I have finally realized that the human mind is not a dowsing rod for solvable problems, and "just fix it, then" is not adequate life advice for most people. Indeed, humans are not bastions of pure logic and more often than not, the vaporous benefits of worrying about our problems are vastly outweighed by the psychosomatic effects of worrying in and of itself.

Furthermore, language is not some fundamental property of the universe. Language is simply a means by which we can communicate ideas, with its own set of logical trappings (see: bundle theory). It is merely a tool.

P.S., I've converted to Buddhism and started on my journey through the Eightfold Path.

Thank you.
>>
You don't have to announce who are you. I'm probably the only one who cares and I can spot your posts pretty easily.
>>
Drop acid
>>
>>25032069
I don't think converting to buddhism was necessary for you to reach that conclusion but I think it's pretty neat
>>
>>25032069
Bonus points for using an analogy.

Definite bonus points for the idea to discredit me by quoting an idea I definitely used to defend (that free will-impliant 'just do it' is not meaningful advice), thus both making your impersonation plausible and myself seem as if my own ideas are still nascent.

That said, 'Eightfold Path' is, I just now realized, another case of this obscene kind of brainwashing whereby meaninglessness is implied to be acceptable by making it as glaring as possible; it is not merely a 'pathless path' or an 'endless path', it is a whole grade more absurd than that, namely an 'eightfold path'. I would hardly accede to a term like that.
>>
>>25032140
Oh, and kudos for you for playing along so naturally.
>>
>>25032166
>just turn your brain off bro XD
>>
>>25033806
I'm amused by OP but man, anti-Buddha, get a life. I worry for you sometimes, oh endarkened one. This much stress can't be good for your heart.
>>
www.dhamma.org
>>
>>25033847

No I mean swallow some sulphuric acid and look in a mirror so you can see the flesh of your throat bubble away
>>
Strange. I've never heard about you until some people asked me if I'm you. I generally post negative shit that I believe is true. What does this guy typically post?
>>
File: 10962300-buddhas-brain-cover.jpg (76 KB, 448x675) Image search: [Google]
10962300-buddhas-brain-cover.jpg
76 KB, 448x675
>converting to Buddhism for the "beliefs" which are normie bait

>pic related

This book could definitely help some of you people. Maybe if I'm feeling nice I'll buy it for some of you on Christmas
>>
>>25033847
Now now, the areas of the brain responsible for dumb awe, idle socializing, and nonsensical musings work very hard during a trip, and after.

>>25033860
>This much stress can't be good for your heart.

Much as Buddhist dogmas closely parallel Ingsoc dogmas (no objective reality ('everything is in your mind'), ability to hold two different views at the same time ('understand that there are always two sides to every issue'))...

>You are under the impression that hatred is more exhausting than love. Why should it be? And if it were, what difference would that make? Suppose that we choose to wear ourselves out faster. Suppose that we quicken the tempo of human life till men are senile at thirty. Still what difference would it make?
>>
>>25033922
>What does this guy typically post?

Prepare for our resident Buddhists and druggies saying and doing literally everything but linking to a thread in which I had actually posted.
>>
>>25033922
Biased black-and-white opinions supported by zero factual sources--usually repeating himself through several posts. What makes him relatively unique amidst the hundreds of thousands of other shitposters is that he will sit in a thread for several hours adamantly defending his objectively incorrect views with walls of texts to every poster who responds to him. Visit any drug thread to see his neurotic ramblings.

Sage and report; do not reward attention to children throwing their tantrums.
>>
>>25034013
This book is an act of personal cowardice. The author has hurt his own field by misequating Siddhartha's poisonous garbage ('it is good to be wise', 'everything in moderation', 'pursue truth') with neuroscientific conclusions on e.g., I don't know, ways knowledge is represented in some sort of cortical hierarchy or commonalities between visual and non-visual patterns, thus implying that it is just as effective to read the former -- he has hurt millions (those books *are* popular) of his readers solely so to win applause. Buddhist coward.

>>25034097
You quoted no thread, and are fully aware that your recommendation to 'visit any drug thread' will not be followed, but taken your word for. Good job. That said, you really could have used the 'he ignores studies' lie. What would go wrong? It's not as if Buddhists care about being caught lying.
>>
>>25034067
Attention all Buddhists and druggies! Let's go through the archives and find his most annoying threads!
>>
>>25034029
> Much as Buddhist dogmas closely parallel Ingsoc dogmas (no objective reality ('everything is in your mind'), ability to hold two different views at the same time ('understand that there are always two sides to every issue'))...

I'm fairly sure you're both deliberately misstating and misunderstanding those concepts to rationally justify your hatred of smelly hippies.
>>
>>25034254
I would very appreciate if you did. I have been keeping an eye on the archives (apparently, the posts from the four months archive.moe gap might have been found) and have more or less defined my posting style in terms of punctuation, capitalization, line distance, and so on, so to semi-automatize their retrieval using a program but it is a daunting task still, what with /r9k/'s recent acceleration especially. So thanks.
>>
>>25034301
'W-we just mean for you to pay attention to your thoughts and be critical!'
'I-it's about just understanding that you can always be wrong, trust us!'
>>
>>25034301
Also, if these arguments were used to attack "Christian" beliefs like the incarnation or the Trinity, /r9k/'s conservatives would be here in droves to scream at you for daring to question centuries of tradition.
>>
>>25034334
Despite the unnecessary hyphens, those are in fact much more accurate statements regarding my Buddhist practice than the previous statements, yes.
>>
>>25034352
It is perfectly safe to insult Christianity. Christians don't dox their critics to the best of their ability and desire, Christians' choice of personal attacks varies some more than the eternal dilemma between autism and schizophrenia (or between calling the critic 'not understanding scientism' and 'a follower of scientism'). Etc.

>>25034370
So you think that 'it is important not to be excessive about letting go' is free from manipulation as well? Oh, Buddhist.
>>
>>25034446
In other words, there is hardly a reason for me to criticize Christianity. It is far less dogmatic and anti-intellectual than Buddhism, which delights in its 'observe your mind', 'why are you doing this to begin with', 'concepts are illusory', 'language is limited', 'true awareness is awareness of your thoughts', 'not all things are to be explained', and literally thousands more.
>>
>>25034510
Still, I don't want to give the impression it's begun to give, namely that evil of Buddhism is limited to the things I cite. 'Meditation', monastic practice, figurative scriptures, koans, immaterialism and embrace of free will, hypocritical assertions of materialism, all of this deserves and was given a threadful of exposition.
>>
>>25034510
>>25034563
Please explain the concept of the Trinity and the value of the Pentecostal practice of speaking in tongues for me real quick.
>>
>>25034628
Hm? I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. I've never claimed to know anything about Christianity.

From memory,

the Trinity might be a retrospective formalization of various conceptions of God of various co-writers of the Bible (what created the world, cf. Old Testament God, the pop-psy concept of some magical 'value' of perfect innocence being perfectly violated, cf. Jesus' death, and some sort of passing epiphanies, cf. I believe the Holy Spirit is what inspires prophets, or something). Of course, I disclaim the meaningfulness of any of those ideas.

Speaking in tongues is, I imagine, considered as some sort of gift. I think there's a class of such gifts. Even though it is just word salad, of course.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.