[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>3rd driving lesson >driving in the city >still cant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>3rd driving lesson
>driving in the city
>still cant do anything right
>stall the car almost at every stoplight
>cant pay attention to the road while im driving because i'm just trying to get it moving
>the guy had to break a few times because i always hit somebody
>i literally have no fucking idea what to do with the clutch and accelerator
>too slow so i just fucking stop in the corner then i have to change to first gear then stall it in the corner
>go home and cry
>>
>>25031645
Your instructor is shit. Most will make you drive circles in a parking lot with many starts, stops, and turns until you're 100% comfortable with the basic operation, then move you out to public roads.

Drop the faggot and go to a different school.
>>
>manual

What kind of a driving school gives you a manual to start out with? Who the fuck drives manuals anymore
>>
>>25031670
This to be honest fampai, mine didn't do this but if you are not comfortable just leave.

My instructor was kinda nice and kinda patient but I still hate driving, too afraid of scratching another car or anything I don't want to deal with the consequences
>>
>>25031670
>>25031715
I already paid my NEETbux to the driving school. i dont think i can get it back...
>>
dont drive the auto jew

ride a bike and use the bus and you'll get where you need to go 99% of time if you don't mind being early, which you shouldn't.
>>
>>25031704
>driving an autotragic

People who actually want to enjoy driving
>>
driving manual isn't that hard OP. I got it on the first drive i had.
>>
>>25031927
Guess you've never driven in a city with a manual.
>>
>>25032256
Not him, but I drive in San Francisco with a manual all the time and I still prefer it to shitty ass automatic
>>
>>25032283
Because you have autism. Normal people just want to get where they're going.
>>
can't wait for self driving cars desu senpai
>>
>>25032283
>>25032299
OP here.

Right now a manual just seems frustrating to me because i can't do it. I just keep stalling it because i just can't do the thing where you have to let go off the clutch and give it some accelerator. I just fuck it up every single time. I dunno if my instructor is getting frustrated with me not learning it but it seems like he expects me to know how to do it atleast semi-competently
>>
>>25031927
>Starting your car with a key

If you want to enjoy driving you need to go and crank the engine by hand
>>
>>25032299
Sorry you don't enjoy driving, but I do and it's one of my favorite activities. And manual is objectively leagues better than automatic when it comes to driving for fun.
>>
>>25031927
Yeah, it really sounds like OP is enjoying his driving experience.

Fuck off faggot, automatic transmission is the superior technology.
>>
>>25032344
Go to a parking lot and just practice your starts. Just start and stop over and over, once you get it down it'll be second nature. I agree with other anons though your driving instructor seems bad
>>
>>25031704
How are u supposed to learn how to drive otherwise mister sherlock?
I really like driving but i'm stuck with an automatic for 2 years now and it's like ruining my driving skills. I might not be able to drive a manual anymore.
>>25031670
As my first driving lession we went directly in the streets , i didn't even know how the pedals worked that time holy fuck, my instructor was a god tier one i think.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ny3DbMQzLMhttp://vocaroo.com/i/s0ny3DbMQzLMhttp://vocaroo.com/i/s0ny3DbMQzLM
>>
>>25032344
You need to learn where the clutch engages enough for your car to move, then hold your foot there while flicking the accelerator. Try learning where that point is by going on a flat surface and getting the car to go without using any gas pedal. Once you can do that, the rest is trivial.
>>
Honestly don't know how you cannot do this. I feel more confident in my car than I do walking in public. The happy purr of the engine is so nice, I just wish petrol was as cheap as it used to be
>>
>>25031645

>clutch

Why the fuck are you using archaic shit technology? get a fucking automatic.
>>
>>25032480
>petrol
>expensive

Found the europoor
>>
That sounds alright for your third lesson. For someone who has never driven a car. Also a little tip: most instructors seem to assume that you already know how to drive and are only getting your license as a formality. If you have never driven a car then explicitly state so.
>>
>>25032527
>most instructors seem to assume that you already know how to drive and are only getting your license as a formality. If you have never driven a car then explicitly state so.

That seems really weird. Why would they assume you can drive if you go to classes for it? Shouldn't it be the opposite.
>>
>>25032523
Strayan.
It's not too bad, but I remember cruising in the 90s and being able to just go out woopwoop without having to budget a tank.
>>
>>25032547
Because most people already can drive, my parents would take me out to drive all the time before I was old enough and most people I knew had similar experiences so by the time we got to the instructor I was already ready to get my license more or less
>>
File: 1367504426560.jpg (14 KB, 168x216) Image search: [Google]
1367504426560.jpg
14 KB, 168x216
>>25032527
>Also a little tip: most instructors seem to assume that you already know how to drive and are only getting your license as a formality. If you have never driven a car then explicitly state so.
Literally what are you talking about?
>>
>>25032547
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3LkyYoC1pA

This was pretty much my experience with two instructors. But then I had some extra lessons in another driving school where they actually treated me as a student.
>>
>>25031704
>>25032505
>actively desiring less control

This goy has the right idea. we should all let Joogle decide where we need to go and when.
>>
>>25032527
>That sounds alright for your third lesson.
I don't feel like i did very good. I don't feel like i had much control over anything in that car today.

I'm going back on monday then tuesday aswell for lessons.
>>
>>25032707

Automatic means I can drunk drive and look at my phone with ease
>>
Whenever I see a driving school car on the road, I get extremely close to it and tailgate it in order to make the student driver feel really anxious.
>>
>>25032800
Absolutely degenerate. I hope you only kill yourself, wrapping your car around a tree rather than plowing through a group of people.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.