[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
California
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: california-usa-1-1DM.png (741 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
california-usa-1-1DM.png
741 KB, 3000x3000
How's life here? Is it normie-land?
>>
Feels good faM

Rent is too damn high tho in the Bay Area just fuck my shit up

Kind of want to leave my home town (Oakland) kind of don't idk is there even a point to moving somewhere else?
>>
I'm about an hour away northwest from LA
Not that close to the beach but it is normie central here
I can't see how anyone can go to school and live on their own here
>>
I like it, but there are way too many people.
It's a very conflicted kind of feel.
>>
>>25031593
>Is it normie-land?
Yes, and anyone who likes living here is normie scum.
>>
it's full of spics, faggots and SJWs. just nuke it to ashes.
>>
>>25031593
weather is good so everyone says but im so used to it it has become sterile to me

i miss the falls and the snow when i lived on the east coast. i miss the cold air on my cheeks and seeing everyone dressed up like ninjas. miss normies forced indoors so your hikikomori tendedices were a little less lonely.

its a slice of personal paradise in a lot of areas, not even including San Fran or Los Angeles r San Diego. But not a paradise if you grew up here. the destination will always be somewhere else

on the plus side the general feeling is that everyone is cool with each other and you feel like everyone is just living their life doing their own thing.

i prefer hawaii though, its more of a paradise and more isolated than california
>>
>>25031593
i'm gonna be living in san francisco/berkeley next year after living all my life in britain, any advice lads?
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 640x422) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 640x422
>>25031959
Be rich coz everything costs a lot
>>
>>25031959
You'll fit right in San Francisco. You'll see.
>>
>>25031978
im not rich oh fuk

>>25031985
can't tell if this is sarcasm or some ironic joke but thanks if not
>>
>>25032010
>im not rich oh fuk
Then you're kind of fucked, sorry

Rent is going to be at minimum for a studio apartment like $2000/month, probably a lot more

You can live in a closet for less in someone else's house.

But your even more real issue is that every cheap apartment will have people coming by and dropping the whole year in cash because everything has like a hundred people applying to it. So people use money to get their foot in the door.

I wish I was exaggerating but the whole thing is fucked right now.
>>
>>25032043
rent won't be too much of a problem because I'll be living in student accommodation which surely isn't as bad? living costs might be able to manage though, I've got some savings
>>
>>25032181
Idk depends on your school in that case. Could be good or bad I'm not sure I didn't go to school in the Bay Area. Which school are you going to?

You can manage living costs if your rent isn't too bad there's plenty of cheap shit around. SF is more tricky tho
>>
+pop culture mecca of the world
+good weather year-round, dry climate
+environmentally diverse (redwoods, oceans/beaches, mountains, deserts, etc)
+wine country
+Yosemite and other national parks
+50% of all US olympic atheletes and most sports teams of any state
+best jobs compared to many states

+/- pretty liberal (good or bad, depending on who you are)

-number of people, traffic, etc
-expensive
-people blow smoke up your ass about everything
>>
>>25032224
Going to Berkeley university man
>>
>>25031593
Every person I've met online that is from that shithole state has been a turbo normie faggot.
>>
>>25031879
found the lone star autist
>>
>>25031639
oaklandfag here to

I hate it and want to move out

(too many cukks, bbc niggers, boipucci, dykes, sjws, roasties, and pacos)
>>
>>25031639
asian pussy will be all over you

(got cu.cked by a bong)
>>
>>25033927
we don't want you here anyways.
>>
>>25032293
suspended for possession of mdma

feelsbadmanbadfeels
>>
File: bakersfeel.png (119 KB, 547x717) Image search: [Google]
bakersfeel.png
119 KB, 547x717
who /suffering/ here
>>
Venice here. Any local robot qt31.4s wanna convince me that you all aren't terrible people?
>>
File: 45678.jpg (312 KB, 960x714) Image search: [Google]
45678.jpg
312 KB, 960x714
>>25031593
South OC here, close to San Diego...

Too many people, but there's a reason why.. its the most beautiful state and one of the most beautiful places in the world (only been along the coast).

Moved here a year and a half ago, its expensive and traffic is horrible.. wish there was a place I could escape to that wasn't so filled so traffic and overbuilt.

The good side is that the food is amazing.. so many places to hike, lots of nice beaches

>AVOID the Los Angeles area
>AVOID Northern Orange County

>avoid anything within a 20 mile radius of los
angeles.

I myself want to fucking leave but also I want to stay here because I fucking like it but the people are horrible.
>>
Everyone is a lot nicer in California. There's a general culture of being mean or giving people a hard time on the east coast. That bewilders us Californians.
>>
>>25032043
>Rent is going to be at minimum for a studio apartment like $2000/month
Holy shit! Even in Switzerland we don't have to pay that much.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.