[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self Improvement Thread What have you done today to improve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: r9k.jpg (635 KB, 1987x1836) Image search: [Google]
r9k.jpg
635 KB, 1987x1836
Self Improvement Thread

What have you done today to improve your life?

What could you do right now to improve your life?

RIGHT NOW! Clean your room or do some laundry, get off this board. Start small anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 435x571) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 435x571
I don't remember ascending any summits
>>
There's no jobjective way to judge a life lived, good or bad. Therefore the term "self improvement" has no intrinsic meaning. There's only change in one way or the other, no inherent way to judge this change.
>>
>>25031258
You can subjectively judge your own improvement or movement towards certain personal goals. Self Improvement doesn't require an objective 'ideal life', just personal desires and goals.
>>
Cleaned up my room yesterday. Working on willpower (not eating everything in sight) and doing more workouts per week now that I'm home with less motivation to do so.
We're gonna make it brahs.
>>
>>25031189
wait what's wrong with knowing everything
>>
>>25031388
Those are literally objectives
>>
if you think kanye is obsessed with status you obviously haven't listened to his music
>>
I meditated for the first time in months and felt fucking great afterwards. It is literally the cure for all mental problems and issues.

Sadly, after that I jerked off 3 times to pictures of my ex-girlfriend with her new man and some gay shit too. Then I spent 3 hours shitposting on /r9k/

I do it to myself, I do
>>
I just woke up, get off my dick you stupid faggot
>>
>>25033165
>shilling this hard
>>
>>25033110
Everyone that claims they're not obsessed with status is very much obsessed with it. Coming off as indifferent is a great way to look cool.
>>
File: 1450234805142.jpg (17 KB, 640x406) Image search: [Google]
1450234805142.jpg
17 KB, 640x406
No improvement, only despair now.
>>
>>25033229
but if you listened to his music you'd know that he doesn't claim not to be obsessed with status, he's completely self aware
>>
Green is NEETs while Red are Wagecucks

I like it
>>
Blame self for world?
>>
>>25033628

Don't you know man, everything is your fault. Your ugly looks, mediocre height and other genetic fuck ups aren't at fault ever. You are living this life because you are a horrible person like your looks.
>>
>>25031634
>>25033628
>not knowing that that picture was made by a morally stunted, spiteful Buddhist who wanted to knock down a notch every knowledgeable, moral person with 'you're just as bad as the rest of us, you too don't know everything, you too are at fault, stop thinking you are above the rest', so to, at the moral person's expense and with no acknowledgement for their superiority, win applause from his inferior audience, who can then gleefully agree, 'yes! yes! he's no better than us! he's no better than us! we're all equally bad and blameable!', thus obscuring the fact of varying amount of good and evil in individuals, except disingenuously, insidiously reaching for a morally superior status himself, by the pseudo-virtue of being the one who had the integrity to point out this purportedly inconvenient, purportedly hard truth (which in reality is pure crab mentality)

Buddhists never fail to punish good people and elevate themselves at their expense.
>>
>>25033165
>It is literally the cure for all mental problems and issues.

'Meditation' is escapism in the most literal sense of the word.
>>
>>25035431
>buddhist

it's clearly inspired by the "western" tradition of "i only know that i know nothing".

stop taking your meds, they are making you a helpless "victim" slave.
>>
>bed ridden for a year
>just recently getting back to living life, if you can call it that
>keep trying to workout
>body feels completely limited, get exhausted instantly and feel pain for a week

I decided to talk to someone to see what the best method of getting back to normal is. Been really down about it, but I've come to the conclusion that I need to turn my frustration outward and fight it rather than inward and give up.
>>
and I must stress this. being "opressed" or having "hard" time does NOT have anything to do with being a good person.

this is nihilism. slave morality.
>>
>>25031189
who /builtforclimbing/ here?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.