[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help me get ideas for my essay you bots its bout why people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Capture.png (31 KB, 696x428) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
31 KB, 696x428
help me get ideas for my essay you bots

its bout why people climb Everest, already have 2 pages need 3 more!
>>
get this high school shit outta here my man
>>
>>25030250
no collge
>>
>4 fucking statistics in the first paragraph

Slow down nigga. You gotta ease em into it. It's like foreplay.
>>
Instead of exploring the why like you're some 18th century traveller, you should just shit on them and tell it like it is. People climb everest because they are chads and want to increase their sexual value.
>>
because its the highest mountain in the world so people want to climb it so they can say they have climbed the highest mountain
>>
File: Capture.png (36 KB, 537x560) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
36 KB, 537x560
Kay review this 2nd
>>
>>25030525
Basically this.

There are a lot of scholars and authors who think that we do shit like this because there are no normal dangers anymore in our everyday life. Also check out theory on the beautiful and the sublime (e.g. Sir Edmund Burke). Read it up, e.g. in Shaw, Philip (2006) -- The Sublime.

The basic argument is that being confronted with sublime things in nature (or otherwise) make us confront our primal fears of mortality. Shit like that makes us feel alive.
>>
>>25030264
What kind of shit tier college do you go to where this level of writing is acceptable? You're not even referencing anything.
>>
>>25030639
i have citations on the last page?
>>
>>25030639
My guess is that it is for high school after all, or maybe for a English as foreign language course? I mean, OP is obviously allowed to use contractions. How is that acceptable in formal writing?
>>
>>25030675
Homie, maybe you should really look into the Sublime as stated here:

>>25030635
>>
>>25030698
i haven't slept for shit and its due tomorrow in 4 hours, i have a test tomrw too

should i just stay up or get sleep?
>>
>>25030718
I don't know. You should have asked earlier. I won't do your homework for you but, in my opinion, the sublime is a great way of thinking about this. You know the feeling you get when you're in a frightening thunderstorm or you stand in at the beach and look at the vast ocean? You'll feel insignificant, alone, mortal. Maybe you satrt asking yourself if there is a God or why bother if nature has existed for so long, and still will for a long time after you've been wiped off the face of the earth. It is a frightening feeling, and yet makes you feel great because at least in that moment you'll feel alive. Far more alive than ever in your everyday life at the desk for some shitty company. It is an exhilarating feeling. People don't get that feeling too much anymore in everyday society.

If you think you can still work something like this into your paper, then go for it.
>>
>>25030782
>in everyday society.

*in their everyday lives in modern society
>>
>>25030782
god damn thanks man, ill make a fatass conclusion

love you guys
>>
>>25030804
I don't have Shaw's book here, or I might have given you some pages to quote, anon. Glad to hear that for once I could help someone here.
>>
>>25030675
You don't have any in-text citations for your quotes and statistics. What citation system are you using?

>>25030680
Even if OP is in high school or ESL, that doesn't really excuse contractions in this type of writing.
>>
File: 707f977498[1][1].jpg (129 KB, 575x733) Image search: [Google]
707f977498[1][1].jpg
129 KB, 575x733
>>25030186
Mr. Boom-Headshot spoke about this in his most famous speech. Start at 8:45 if you want the reasons he gave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZyRbnpGyzQ
>>
>tfw just finished 3000 word essay for uni in one night

Feels good man
>>
>>25030863
>150 character essay due on friday
>havent typed a single character

who /fucked/ here
>>
>>25030902
>who /fucked/ here

To be fair my essay was awful, I just bullshitted it as best I could.

I didn't come on my course to do essay writing since it isn't even relevent to anything on my course. But oh well, its done and hopefully I will just pass.
>>
>>25030635
>>25030782

Where is the Sir Edmund Burke fanatic that keeps posting in red flags for girls threads, when you need him? He'd love this.
>>
Most people climb Everest because its the highest point on the planet and has the most sherpas available to assist in the ascent. Most of the people attempting Everest are the rich businessmen who paid 70-100k for the sherpas lead the climb, setup all the ropes, haul all the loads, and setup the basecamps. Its not the most aesthetic climb nor is it the most challenging.
>>
>>25030902
>tfw when I just realized it said 150

fug.
>>
>why people climb everest
mid life crissis, have insane amount of money and are trying to keep up with what all the other rich people do, looking to die, how the fuck should I know.
>>
>>25030838
apa
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.