[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's wrong with my voice? Vocaroo link
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1447704977001.png (436 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1447704977001.png
436 KB, 800x600
I posted a thread like this before, but I've made progress. I have a bit of a speech issue in that I tend to stutter and speak very quickly due to anxiety.

This has caused people to say I sound Jewish/nasally/like woody allen or Sheldon Cooper.

I've done some speech therapy exercises to avoid the stuttering aspect, and I consciously try to prevent myself from speaking super fast now so I can focus on what I want to say. For years I spoke very quickly and in a peculiar way due to an anxiety about how my voice might be perceived, and it kind of became a fixture of my speaking style which I am only now trying to undo.

I also went long periods of time without speaking to people as a NEET which further contributed to a decline in speaking ability and a pronounced stutter emerging.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Y9PCoyHQsV

Could you guys comment on your impressions of my voice now? Feel free to be as frank as possible. I want honest feedback so I can try to fix it, not hand holding.
>>
>>25029896
Holy shit dude the vocal fry is real.
>>
File: 1446662093425.png (513 KB, 600x782) Image search: [Google]
1446662093425.png
513 KB, 600x782
You sound really pretentious yet curious gay man. It pisses me off so much. Do less of that.
>>
>>25029896
Your voice sounds exactly like mine bud. Light yet gravely. I played trumpet a lot up until a year ago and I think that impacted me. Everyone says I have a pretty good voice tho. Don't take no shit from nobody bout it!
>>
So do I sound jew-ey or woody allen like at all?

>>25029913
I have a really hard time speaking without vocal fry.

>>25029918
I grew up around females during my formative years, so I internalized a female pattern of speaking which when used by a male sounds gay.
>>
Yeah you sound like a huge fag
>>
Your voice is fine, I don't hear Woody Allen or Sheldon Cooper in it at all. This is coming from a non-American.

Try not to over think things when you talk otherwise things you say won't sound sincere, and forced instead. That's probably to do with preventing stuttering though.
>>
>>25029896
http://vocaroo.com/i/s05HKVH4QOcU
>>
You end every sentence with an upward inflection. Try speaking flat, with no emotion in the voice.

The part at the end where you said "computational" sounded nice and flat, you should try to speak like that if you want.
>>
>>25029936
No, it sounds like a mix of Californian and Canadian.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.