[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wake up >immediately assaulted by feelings of anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Smiling-Girl-Photography-9.jpg (220 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Smiling-Girl-Photography-9.jpg
220 KB, 1280x800
>wake up
>immediately assaulted by feelings of anxiety and regret
>eventually get up to keep the cringey memories at bay
>do the morning routine
>open the fridge, pick nothing, lower standards, open it again, pick something
>try to spend as little as possible time in kitchen, bring food inside my room
>as I close the door and start up the computer familiar feeling of safety washes up over me
>start up HotS and hearthstone at the same time, finish hearthstone match while in HotS champ select
>just play my own game, no teamwork at all
>a couple of wins, couple of losses
>after several hundred games still floating around rank 10
>alternate between chan, reddit, hearthstone, HotS
>as the evening comes, fire up EvE online
>recently started to recruit to my own corp but its going slowly
>actually its going horrible, considering giving up only after few days
>midnight approaches
>"I should do some workout"
>nah, too tired already
>will do it tomorrow
>trouble falling asleep because of shitty food, no exercise and 15 hours in front of computer

And how was your day?
>>
This hits too close to home.
>>
>>25029794
Quite similar, but in my case instead of games I'm using series, animes and mangas as escapism.
>>
Try not to spend your time on the biggest casual games and you might feel better.
>>
>>25030374
Anon I played so much games multiplayer is all whats left,
>>
>wake up too early (10 in the morning)
>morning routine (get up, piss, clothes on, that's about it)
>turn on computer
>check here and there, usually nothing new
>finally can hop into 4chan and twitch!
>then suddenly lunch, if not too lazy to make some/go to shop
>re-checking 4chan and twitch i guess
>gets dark (yes!)
>re-checking 4chan and twitch again
>some dinner
>take laptop to bed
>re-checking 4chan and twich
>goodnight
repeat
>>
Same, except i got high first thing in the morning and then just continued to fire up every time i approached anything resembling clear mind.

Now i sit here for like 10 hours or so and keep staring into the screen, reading shit, listening and writing etc. but not really concentrating cause have hundreds of ideas and memories floating around and about, connecting and explaining themselves...basically a looong hazy tunnel filled with anxiety,worry and self hate (why dont you wake up and do something)
All the while playing some horrible time eater like Europa Universalis IV
>>
>>25030474
Worse ways to know kill time anon. Should try playing it sober, your empire will fair better.
>>
File: alone.jpg (27 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
alone.jpg
27 KB, 800x533
>>25029794
>try to spend as little as possible time in kitchen, bring food inside my room
>as I close the door and start up the computer familiar feeling of safety washes up over me

Fucking hell this hits way too hard. Why am I such a failure?
>>
>>25030568
Maybe you need to step outside your comfort zone. Detach from pc.
>>
File: 1449771990843-r9k.jpg (25 KB, 411x419) Image search: [Google]
1449771990843-r9k.jpg
25 KB, 411x419
>woke up
>showered
>went to the library to study
>went home
>ate leftovers
>fell asleep
>>
>>25030516
Thats the problem my man, the empire ALWAYS fares "better".

I wish i could get my sense of wonder back, like being actually all happy before even installing the game and then enjoying it.

Nowadays i think i have played enough games to immediately guess the plot, possible skills/levels what to do, when to do it, in what the AI is weak etc. before even completing the tutorial.

On the other hand im so coddled up by modern games that i would probably not bother with the game long enough if it was seriously challenging.

No moneyz so nothing else to do here but stare into pc/tv. Worst of all is having a gf who works, so i always feel responsible for entertaining her....in reality we both get high and either watch something together or one of us plays while the other watches something. Re roll and another day goes by...
>>
>>25029794
i can't even play video games or watch anime anymore
they just make me feel uneasy i pretty much only watch dota streams and browse this board
im literally always feeling uneasy and it takes me +2 hours to fall asleep
>>
>>25030692
I assure you, thats how most couples spend time together. Only not everyone takes drugs. Dont beat up yourself about it. You can start only when she leaves you and you realize two weeks after what you lost.

I recommend eve online, you can sink hours upon hours into it and there is always something to do.
>>
shameless self-bump
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.