[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats the difference between verbal bullying and physical bullying?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1436608696802.png (104 KB, 497x382) Image search: [Google]
1436608696802.png
104 KB, 497x382
whats the difference between verbal bullying and physical bullying?
>>
>>25028414
The latter usually includes the former.
>>
>>25028414
Sticks and stones may break my bones but emotional scaring lasts a lifetime.
>>
One's talky-talky, the other punchy-punchy
>>
>>25028414
lol fear
>>
>>25028414
the verbal one tends to be more harmful because at times it is more subtle and the teachers are more likely to take a blind eye at it. additionally, it can be far more scarring than punches here and there, as it can leave a mark on the victim's psyche and can damage the self esteem.

not saying that the physical one isn't as bad, but out the two, the former is more harmful in the long run.
>>
>>25028497
>as it can leave a mark on the victim's psyche and can damage the self esteem.
so can physical itself
and physical about always includes verbal too

so there's no sense in saying verbal alone is worst
>>
>>25028497
what prevents a verbal bully from being physical?
>>
>>25028529
i would assume their own fear or their reputation itself. take for example how girls bully each other--- by reclusion of someone they dislike, by conniving comments and sometimes even rumor spreading. girls, from what i've seen, are less prone to retort to physical bullying if anything because they know how to manipulate someone/groups of people to do their bidding.

in boys i would assume it's different, but in the places i've been it was the girls who did all the bullying, and it was purely verbal.

>>25028528
you've got a point but i haven't had experience with physical whether as a bystander or a victim. but i have seen that verbal can be worse. i'm not saying that namedropping and teasing is only the verbal one, i'm also talking about manipulation and exclusion. as far as i'm concerned, that leaves a worse mark.

i could be wrong, so i understand how nonsensical it might sound.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.