[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright robots... I must know... Is there a difference between
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Alright robots... I must know... Is there a difference between hikikomori and NEET? Are they one in the same?
>>
All hikkis are NEETs, but not all NEETs are hikki.

Hikkikomoris never leave their house/room. Ever. Their parents might even slip food under their door to feed them.

NEETS just have no job or classes, they can come and go as they please.
>>
>>25025983
>>25026070
Nop
They are different things. An hikki doesn't go out never, but they can have jobs/studies, it's rare but possible.
NEETS doesn't have job or studies, they can be hiikis or not.
Most hikkis are NEETS, but they are different things
>>
>>25026200
>>25026070
Interesting to say the least. I guess I'm NEET then.
>>
>>25025983
A hikki can be defined as a person that has withdrawn from society for 6+ months. A NEET is just a person who is Not Educated,Employed or in Training. They don't have to be socially retarded.
Some us are both. Myself, I'm a hermit by choice. I just don't get along with people. Im almost unemployable because of this, but I'm lucky that I can get by with half assed manual labor jobs that I don't have to interact with people
>>
>>25025983
They are different. NEET stands for Not in Employment Education or Training. As long as you aren't in school, working, or being trained to work, you're neet. Am example of a neet that isn't a hikkimorri would be someone that lives with their parents but still goes to the weekly MTG tournaments or to the bar or whatever. Hikkimorri means someone who stays inside their house and never leaves. Typically they mostly stay in their room. An example of a hikkimkri that isn't a NEET would be a computer programmer with a ton of social anxiety that still works writing computer programs at home but never leaves.
>>
i know the difference between neet and hikki but what would you call a wagekek who spends every minute not working shut up in their room
>>
>>25028683
Probably just "loner".
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.