[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to stop drinking soda. It is easily the most disgusting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: soda.jpg (757 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
soda.jpg
757 KB, 2048x1365
I want to stop drinking soda. It is easily the most disgusting part of my diet. How do you stop?
>>
>>25024459
Don't buy any soda, drink only water instead of soda.

Try for at least a week.
>>
pour what you have down the drain and drink some water
>>
File: FB_IMG_1449731646689.jpg (63 KB, 892x828) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449731646689.jpg
63 KB, 892x828
Ween yourself off with a juice or tea maybe? What soda do you drink the most?
>>
>>25024459
>disgusting
actually it's delicious, which is why you drink it
>>
Just start drinking alcohol instead, there's no public stigma against that.
>>
>>25024459
>How do you stop?
i subtitute it with other things, right now i put oranges in the fridge and eat them cold and ripe, its just as sweet and as refreshing
>>
>>25024506
>juice or tea

Still sweet drinks, it's like vaping to try and "quit" smoking.

Water is the only way to go cold turkey.
>>
>>25024493
I'm going to pour my can of coke down the drain right now and drink some water. Thanks senpai.
>>
>>25024522
Makes you look disgusting though.
>>
>>25024459
Drink coffee and water.
>>
>>25024560
Most of the weight I've gained is objectively due to my soda consumption. I do eat some junk food, but I've been monitoring my intake for the last month or two, and I would come in at around 1800-2000 calories/day without soda.
>>
>>25024539
Tea is only sweet if you sweeten it. Tates like shit though. Camomile is good and zero cal.

Coffee, black is the way to go for caffeine.
>>
Just stop drinking soda. Soda puts on a lot of unnecessary calories. Buy a liter of water and drink two a day
>>
>>25024560
when out of moderation
>>
File: FB_IMG_1449391394297.jpg (22 KB, 620x427) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1449391394297.jpg
22 KB, 620x427
>>25024539

It doesn't have to be sweetened tea or shitty minute maid juice. And if OP is as bad as he said he is an intermediate might help.
>>
>>25024601
So like we've said, just go cold turkey and drink nothing but water and maybe completely unsweetened coffee or tea.
>>
>>25024612
Depends on the type of tea. There are really fruity kinds that would probably give OP soda cravings. Even chamomile and green tea are slightly sweet.
>>
>>25024637
I'm honestly trying. I am a university student with a mandatory meal plan, and the drinks available at the cafeteria are shit.

>Soda
>Watered-down tea
>Water that tastes like ass
>Milk in the morning

I also need to tell my dad to stop buying me soda. He always buys me huge-ass cups of coke (32 or 44 oz) from the local gas station I just need to start taking my own water to the cafeteria.

I lack self-control.
>>
>>25024682
Soda tastes like a desert afyer you stop drinking it. I actually dilute it with soda water if I buy a combo at in n out. It's thick and gross after a while.

Camomile isn't sweet, it's more similar to mint.
>>
>>25024616
>Buy a liter of water and drink two a day
That's a myth made by the water companies, the amount you need to drink daily depends on diet and lifestyle
>>
>>25024731
>he doesn't work out

Working out is like brushing your teeth m8, basic hygeine.
>>
>>25024459
switch to carbonated pickle juice.
>>
I tried quitting for a bunch of reasons like
>stopping will help me lose weight
>stopping will help my skin
and while those were true i'd always go "ones not going to hurt" after a day or two. The headache didn't help either.
Then i decided i was going to quit just to quit no real reason just tired of drinking it.
It'll be hard the first week or so with cravings and the initial headache but after that you shouldn't even want soda
that's what i did anyway
>>
>>25024765
Dude, the headaches are just caffeine withdrawal. Drink a small cup of coffee at lunch.
>>
>>25024699
Just be a man and drink the ass-water.

Also if you're at college and (presumably) in a dorm why does your dad still buy you soda regularly?

>>25024729
Mint is sweet too. Yeah, they're not sweet in the same way as Coca Cola, but it still teaches you to expect a punch of flavor from your drink. Water will make it easiest to retrain your brain.
>>
>>25024765
Shit, you guys are like smokers.

Worse, because you can't hide your addiction, and it's not politically correct to even address it.
>>
>>25024788
Well another one of the reasons i wanted to stop was was caffeine addiction so doing that wouldn't have helped
besides it only lasted about a day and that was months ago and it was well worth it to not need it anymore
>>
>>25024459
I did this a couple years ago and haven't had any soda since. Instead of cutting it all off at once, I just slowly reduced my per day intake and kept going until it was down to only so much per week, then lower to per month, until I finally cut it all out. While I still have minor cravings here and there, I have resisted and am going on almost 2 years soda free.
>>
File: image.jpg (759 KB, 3553x1987) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
759 KB, 3553x1987
>>25024729
>like a desert
>>
File: eggstanza.jpg (32 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
eggstanza.jpg
32 KB, 300x400
>>25024459
ive been soda free for almost a year now

trust me, i know all the feels. mountain dew used to be all i drank, i did like a liter a day

now that i switched to water, i FEEL so much better. i feel more refreshed in the morning, i have more energy during the day, i sleep better.

i remember back in the day, them stomach pains after eating a bag of utz sour cream and onion chips and a bottle of dew

never again
>>
>>25024854
yeah it's shit but pretty easy to kick
>>
>>25024811
>Also if you're at college and (presumably) in a dorm why does your dad still buy you soda regularly?
Because the university I attend is just a few minutes from home and since I am socially incompetent I go home a lot on the weekends and whatnot.
>>
>>25024811
I drink a gallon or more a day along with black coffee, beer, and camomile depending.

I don't care for sweet as a flavor much. I dislike cake and have had brownies instead of cake for my birthday since I was about 12. The candies I like are dark chocolate or hot tamales. I suck on hot tamales and spit out the gross bland cores.
>>
>>25024879
Should add as others have said, switch to cold water. It is tasteless, but it actually isn't all that bad. Could also do unsweet tea. If you don't like taste, sweeten it with some lemon juice or artificial non sugar sweetners depending on your opinion of them.

And as one other mentioned, there was a few days of a withdrawl thing that I experienced, so if you stick through with it possibly expect that.
>>
You'll have to stop sooner or later once you get diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
>>
>>25024459
just stop there is no special advice retard. i quit drinking juices/pop a year ago, been drinking literally only from water bottles. i've probably had like 4 cans of pop this year.
>>
I stopped drinking soda by switching to black tea with milk. It is not totally calorie free obviously but it is pretty close even if you use 3.5% milk (you only need a drop of milk to make the tea richer and "complete"). I started with shitty tea bags and then moved on to better things. I mostly drink coffee now though but tea was my lifeblood for years.
>>
Why don't you just drink diet soda? That's how I conquered my addiction to the sugary stuff.
>>
I was able to stop for a few months, but then I remembered that I like soda and I'm hoping to die young so I started back up, and I've been happier since.
>>
File: pepe cozy.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
pepe cozy.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>25024459
Have you tried writing up a contract, signing your name with your blood?

Blood pacts are the only way to go, senpai.

I hear only drinking water helps sometimes, too.
>>
All you need to do is develop a caffeine addiction and drink coffee all the time

Worked for me
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.