[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>meditate for the first time for five minutes >already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1432223317828.png (5 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
1432223317828.png
5 KB, 205x246
>meditate for the first time for five minutes
>already feel as swell as ever

I used to laugh at people who just sat there thinking about not thinking, or whatever, but now that I've tried to for myself, I know why people keep recommending it as a cure for many ills. I genuinely feel like I'm at the beginning of a new stage in my life.
>>
>>25024233
what did you do op?
>>
>>25024271

I sat comfortably, focused on my breathing, and let my thoughts unobtrusively float by like clouds.
>>
>>25024307
I do that at work every day
>>
>>25024233
not op but i recomend the these guided meditations if you are beginners also the yogananda documentary is pretty interesting
http://www.yogananda-srf.org/Guided_Meditations.aspx#.VnD2WEqLRhE
>>
i tried that once, only when i tried to relax , every regret and every hurtful thing tried to strangle my brain. not sure what i did wrong
>>
I find meditation gives me something else to procrastinate from and feel terrible about.
>>
Meditation is for faggots.
>>
>>25024233
Every time I try that I just feel bored and agitated and my breathing feels weird and unnatural. Eventually I end up yawning a lot which I guess means I don't breathe enough when I'm actually paying attention to my breathing? Anyway it doesn't relax me at all.
>>
Very few people can actually achieve true meditation, im not just talking about humming and closing your eyes and clearing your head

Im talking about entering full theta wave deep deep thought mediation

the only time i've been able to do it is when i wake up half asleep and enter the shower and just sit down and let the water fall over me

Once you enter that mediation you can find the answer to any question you could possibly ask the only problem is when you slip back out of it, you forget everything, it is very surreal
>>
File: 1349797709522.jpg (55 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1349797709522.jpg
55 KB, 399x388
I meditate so hard it makes me break out in tears, shaking with fear at the sight of the void. It feels like I can perceive the anatta so vividly that I can feel its grasp touching my skin. Meditation has become an activity of complete submission to nothingness and I dread it but I can't turn away.
>>
>>25025596
That sounds terrifying yet amazing.
>>
I've only had meditation work for me once, though I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I followed a book on Zen. It said you should be concentrating on the breath, while keeping your back straight, your thumbs pressed lightly together, acknowledging your thoughts and letting them go etc.

So I keep noticing that I'm doing things wrong. I'll start slouching, or my mind will wander off, my thumbs would be pressed together really hard, or whatever. So I was in this cycle of noticing all these things and fixing them in succession, when it suddenly all my attention was focused on what I was doing with everything constantly being maintained, and it was extremely pleasurable. It seemed genius to me later, to devise a system in which sitting properly consumes your entire focus. The only problem is after I had this happen, I'm thinking about it as the goal of what I'm doing and it distracts me, and I haven't had it happen again.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.