[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be NEET for 3 years >Try to see how bad this "wagecuck"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 1449655978571.png (34 KB, 196x197) Image search: [Google]
1449655978571.png
34 KB, 196x197
>Be NEET for 3 years
>Try to see how bad this "wagecuck" lifestyle really is
>Don't know how to get a job
>Even if I did, how would I explain away those 3 years in any interview.

I know some of you guys managed to get jobs, how did you do it?
>>
i'm 22 and retired so I couldn't tell you
>>
>>25023569

>i did a lot of research on my own time towards my career, which is what led me here

Add in some shit about personal growth, and there's your gap explanation.
>>
>>25023569
Tell em you were in a coma
>>
just lie and say you worked a at a grocery store
>>
>>25023569
walked into a store that had a sign that said help wanted and i started working the next day
work sucks but its a little better than being NEET, at least now I get paid to feel like shit isntead of doing it for free
>>
File: 1449959107984.jpg (272 KB, 600x1353) Image search: [Google]
1449959107984.jpg
272 KB, 600x1353
Assuming you are 21 you can tell them one of two things

>I was pursuing a career in doing "Artistic Hobby" and that you were supported by your parents

or

>I was waiting for the right opportunity to work

you can take my advice with a grain of salt since I am a failed robot.
>>
>>25023569
>"I was in college"
or
>"I did some extensive travelling"
>>
>>25023569
Apply to an entry level job. They don't give a fuck if you spent the last 3 years watching anime and shitposting as long as you do a good job and aren't entirely abhorrent to be around.

Check Craigslist or normiebook pages for local job ads. Apply online, do interviews (wear low key church clothes or something don't be autistic). Stick with it.
>>
>>25023664
Being a wagekek is a thousand times better than being a NEET as a former 5+ year NEET with a steady decent job. I can actually afford to do whatever the fuck I want now and I readily entertain any whim I have. It's fucking sweet.
>>
yeah at one interview the guy demanded to know about the 5 year gap in my resume and I was totally honest with him about all the meds I was on and how I finally got therapy and an autism diagnosis and even though he promised to let me know either way he never called back or emailed

then interview with a different company they didn't even ask about the gap and I got hired
>>
>>25023569
I have a part time job that I got from an internship I did in my senior year of high school. My special ed case manager was the one who got me the internship.
They only asked for a resume, references and had me fill out an application years later for their records when they were being audited.
>>
File: 1449857641368.jpg (75 KB, 463x768) Image search: [Google]
1449857641368.jpg
75 KB, 463x768
>>25023766

>being honest
>telling him about all the meds you were on
>telling him you got on therapy
>telling him you are an autist

holy shit are you autistic or what m8?
>>
>>25023845
I thought it would show that I had perseverance and that I was able to overcome challenges but I guess people like it better if you just lie about yourself

yeah I didn't actually make up false details in the second interview but I didn't tell the whole story either and that's a type of lie
>>
>>25023622
>Jeez, all that time and research led you to want to be a frycook at McDonalds?
>>
>>25023659
This is the correct answer...kind of.

Just say you worked at some small business that went out of business. Have your friend (or if you don't have friends, your mom or someone) be the reference if they ask for one. Just if you use your mom or a family member, make sure not to give the same phone number that you put down on the application/resume.
>>
>>25023569
I was a.w.o.l for 4 years before I go a job, just being neet with my ex and trying out different things.
When I got an interview a couple years ago I just told them I had gotten by on computer repairs and maintenance, they were imbeciles so it worked quite well.

" oh anon that shows a lot of self startership and technical ability"

God I fucking hated those cunts...
>>
In the past, for many years I would advise against this. But seriously, if it's just some entry level job just make something up. Like the anon that said to lie and say you worked at a grocery store.

Here's the cincher... Just find a grocery store or something else within recent memory that closed up shop or went out of business. When they ask for your reference you can't provide it... they're closed.
>>
>>25023919
It shows character, but to employers they dont really care about character, they just want people with no baggage or problems that can affect their job.

I wouldn't call it a lie, I call it withholding the truth.
>>
>>25024018
The thing about that is most grocery stores are chains, so unless the whole company went out of business, they can technically call corporate.

It's better just to use some random, made up small business.
>>
>>25023569
after being neet for a few years, applied to a bunch of jobs for over year, failed miserably most of the few interviews i got, then i somehow made the cut for a crappy job as a retail slave at diabeetus mart. i knew it would be shit, but not this shit. getmethefuckouttahere/10

basically, wagecuck life does indeed suck. stay neet, get a good degree, and/or learn a trade. NEVER go wagecuck unless you really have to.
>>
File: Neet Tales.jpg (53 KB, 490x324) Image search: [Google]
Neet Tales.jpg
53 KB, 490x324
>>25023569
Go to restaurant, ask if they need dishwasher, profit.
>>
>>25023569
being a wagecuck ain't too bad if you have the right kind of job
I get paid 6 figs for waking up at 11 AM, going on a teleconference call and bullshitting for a few minutes
putting it this way actually makes me feel kind of guilty

either way, I'm able to save most of my money and I'm on track to retirement in about 9 years
>>
>>25023569
>Even if I did, how would I explain away those 3 years in any interview.

I got a job after being a neet for 2 years and they didn't ask at all about it in the interview. If they do just say that you've been trying and haven't had any luck yet.

>I know some of you guys managed to get jobs, how did you do it?

Just keep applying man, I got lucky because I had a friend who put in a good word for me at my job. But just keep looking and keep calling them and show them that you want the job.
>>
>applied at publix
>got called in for an interview
>the woman giving the interview made fun of me for having a GED
>"you're 21 and all you've- I'm sorry, you have a GED? haha"
>spat on her and told her to go fuck herself

Fuck jobs. I'll be homeless. It's what the world expects anyway.
>>
After I graduated high school I went to community college for two years and took whatever classes I wanted. Then I transferred to a technical college and got a job as soon as I graduated. I love working with my hands, it really fulfills me.
>>
>>25025262

>spit on a store manager
>wonder why nobody likes people with GEDs

Thanks ass wipe. People like you make my life a shitload harder.
>>
>>25025390
>>25025262
I've never gotten shit for having a GED. I don't believe you.

Spitting is assault btw
>>
I applied to Papa Johns. Went pretty smooth. Worked for a month and quit. It sucked dicks desu, but I got to eat plenty of free pizza and getting paid was worth it.
>>
>>25025415

>hurr its never happend 2 me so it doesnt happen haha

Fuck you, fag. That's like saying there's no such thing as AIDS or starving niggers because you aren't one.
>>
just lie

tell them you were 'self-employed' or something
>>
Say you were self-employed, like a web developer or something, but you weren't enjoying the work.

Bonus points: Spend a few hours throwing together a wordpress site to add legitimacy to your claim
>>
>>25025496
It's not that I don't believe it doesn't happen it's that your story sounds fake as fuck and you're a retarded faggot who can't even get a minimum wage job.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.