[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any of you robots /melee/ here? Your main? Favorite smasher?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10
File: fax.jpg (82 KB, 450x632) Image search: [Google]
fax.jpg
82 KB, 450x632
Any of you robots /melee/ here? Your main? Favorite smasher?
>>
What's with all the melee thread?
Not that I hate them, melee was comfy as fuck.

Favorites:
>Main
Marth
>Smasher
No.
>Stage
Fourside
>>
started marth, now onto fox. get shit on by most people I play against but the occasional shine spike is worth.
>>
someone post the pic of the guy thinking about fox during sex
>>
All the classic Nintendo chars. Link, Pika, Mario. I'll even play as Bowser. I basically play as the cover for the game. Cap Falcon is fun, but hard to play and Falco is the same way. I don't limit myself to one or two characters. Its a video game. Have fun.
>>
>>25023146
I'm just starting to get more serious about this game and actually play on Anther's Ladder. Originally I was going to Falco main but he is a very technical character and I am having trouble doing it. I tried out Marth and Sheik, and their wave dashes are extremely simple to do whereas I can't seem to master Falco's wave dash at all.

From your advice, should I give up on Falco for now and focus on playing Sheik or Marth as my main character? Or is learning the tech of Falco worth it for the power of that character? One thing that really bothers me about Falco is his shitty recovery and one of my favorite things to do is gimping. For this reason I think Sheik might be better suited for me because of her awesome gimps and better recovery that allows her to sometimes go deep for an off-stage kill
>>
>Main
Samus

>Smasher
I only know ZHU from the wombo combo video

>stage
Sector Z
>>
>>25023146
Favorites:
>Main
Fox
>Smasher
N/A
>Stage
Final Destination
>>
I'm shit but okay

>Main
Falco
>Smasher
PPMD
>>
>Falco
>PPMD or Westballz

i mostly play project m (mario main) but i play melee in tournaments as well, just not as good at melee. I like watching Boss play mario in project m more than anything though
>>
File: 1433033191246.jpg (43 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1433033191246.jpg
43 KB, 640x480
>Marth
>PPMD/M2K
>Pokemon Stadium?

I don't really have anyone to play with so I'm pretty bad.
>>
I love Yoshi, so I main him mostly in For Glory in sm4sh. Obviously I love aMSa, because he is one of the only 'professionals' who main yoshi

I used to be breddy good, but I only recently picked my 3ds back up and now I'm shit and they have expensive dlc characters.
>>
>fox
>m2k
>fd
>>
Why is smash the most autistic fgc
>>
File: 1443285729675.jpg (26 KB, 320x375) Image search: [Google]
1443285729675.jpg
26 KB, 320x375
Post hype matches pls. I like watching them before I have to do things
>>
>>25023431
Nintendo games tend to fill out the "overgrown manchildren" crowd
>>
>>25023431
because it relies on highly coordinated highly repetitive movements to complete just one combo, it's extremely technical and autists love that.

I've been to a smash convention once, they're not that bad
>>
Pichu, Leffen, temple
>>
Ganondorf, Kage. Anyone on the west coast wanna netplay? I haven't played in a couple weeks, had to study for the JLPT N2 but that's over with now.
>>
>>25023146
Captain Falcon main, Samus fave
>>
>>25023146
Falco for fastfallers falcon for floaties and s2j easily my fav. This would be the end all be the most fun game in tge world if any of my pleb friends would get gud
>>
>Main
Sheik
>Smasher
Leffen (I think that if the dude can play as well as he can he can be as much of a dick as he wants)
>Stage
the tiny yoshi level
>>
who /falcon/ here but knows they're better off with one of the spacies
>>
>>25025749
also
>Main
Falco
>Smasher
Mang0/Leffen but they're so on or off
>Stage
Dreamland op
>>
March main here, and I root for the following in order of preference:

Mew2king
>Just wanna see the guy succeed

PPMD
>ditto and I like his Marth

Hungrybox
>Cause it's funny to me when he wins
>>
>MAIN
Jigglypuff
>SMASHER
M2K
>STAGE
Yoshi's Island
>>
>>25023431
smash is the most mainstream fgc

all other fight games are autistic as fuck
>>
Samus main masterrace
>>
Anyone here been to locals or a tourney? How'd you do?
>>
>>25023146
Main pika in melee, PM, and Sm4sh. I play competitively in sm4sh and PM, but my melee pika is kinda shit. I'm kinda reliant on QAC and QALC, it's hard to play him in a game where QA is kinda shit. I'm working on it though.
>>
>>25025810

>Marth**
>>
>main
samus
>smasher
laijin
>stage
fourside

>>25025918
3rd in doubles twice, nothing to be super proud of but honestly doubles is the only reason i like playing the game other than to play it with my gf
>>
>>25026042
3rd is 3rd man. You win those doubles with your gf?
>>
>>25026084
i wish, she doesn't think she is good enough yet even though i'm not much better than her. usually just with my friends.
>>
>Main
Ganon
>Smasher
Kage
>Stage
Final Destination

I get raped 9/10 times but it's worth playing Ganon for the occasional satisfying spike.
>>
File: 1450081451932-a.jpg (123 KB, 1350x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450081451932-a.jpg
123 KB, 1350x1080
>>25023484
>smash Bros
>extremely technical
>>
>>25026116
Very nice. Only way you'll know you're good enough is to compete. I feel like I've reached the point where playing the same friends is fun but I need to enter a tourney to see where I stand competitively
>>
>>25026171
I'm not going to say that smash is more technical than sf or some other fighting game, but man is it fucking difficult to play against anyone who can consistently L-cancel and wavedash
>>
I /melee/ here

>Main
Sheik
>Smasher
While I find other Sheik players admirable and shit, I'm not gonna worship them like many people in the community do
>Stage
Yoshi's Island. Easiest stage for me to pull of combos/techchase desu
>>
File: 1450147481677.gif (239 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1450147481677.gif
239 KB, 200x200
>>25023146
>main
marth
>smasha
westballz
>stage
fourside
>>
samus is top char, anyone who disagrees is a normie and should get out
>>
Falco
M2K
FD
>>
>>25026171
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vyBV94K4SE
>>
>>25026334

Hey, can you point to a major tournament won by a Samus in the past six years?
>>
File: 1441000589880.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1441000589880.jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
>main
Marth/Jiggs
>favorite smasher

PPMD Kreygasm

>favorite stage
fountain of dreams
>>
File: I cry everytim.jpg (86 KB, 658x900) Image search: [Google]
I cry everytim.jpg
86 KB, 658x900
Yep been playing for year.Feel like I'm almost out of low level play and entering mid level play.

Fox is my main.

I hope to become as good as Hax/Leffen one day.
>>
>>25026193
Tournaments are super fun, just don't get intimidated and make sure to play a ton of friendlies!
>>
>>25026334
Maybe against leffen but Samus is mid to high tier as fuck.
>>
>>25026395
Still easy compared to sf, tekken, and any other real cfg.
>>
young link
favorite smasher? you retards actually watch these faggots play this game? how stupid are you? i hope all of the "smashers" get smashed by an 18 wheeler. fucking retards watching faggots play a video game, fucking smhtbhfam
>>
>>25026620
Only way to get really good senpai.
Gotta pratice movement and analyze matches in order to even be mid level nowadays.
>>
>>25026608
Fcg*
>>
>>25026608

No.

grwgrwthr
>>
File: 1449641152034.gif (2 MB, 185x196) Image search: [Google]
1449641152034.gif
2 MB, 185x196
>>25026620
there is literally nothing I would rather watch than top level professional melee. it is without a doubt the most entertaining form of competition I have ever seen. I've been watching it for years and every national tournament still feels like Christmas to me

>come home on Friday
>pull up twitch.tv
>get some food
>maybe smoke a bowl
>get comfy
>do nothing but eat sleep and watch pros battle it out for the entire weekend
I can't think of anything better
>>
>>25026596
Thanks anon. Trying to find one to go to soon.
>>
>people pretending like a literal party game is hard or deep or strategic or technical

it would absolutely be hilarious watching "smashers" try to play any anime game or mvc2 or even ultra.

doing infinites in mvc2 with magneto or pretty much any advanced anime combo takes like 50 times to mechanics and technique it takes to do literally anything in smash.

>>25026694
>smash is the most entertaining form of competition i have ever seen

>brood war
>quake
>top 3 of the international
>any marvel game at evo

but then again you are self evidently a weed smoking teenager, so i guess it makes sense actually.
>>
>>25023146
>not rated F for fox
>>
>>25026758

Melee is just a better game. I love how butthurt you morons get knowing that it's now the most popular fighting game :)

Its because it's the best.
>>
>>25026882
yes and call of duty is the best shooter because its the most popular :)

and league of legends is the best moba because its the most popular :)

enjoy being part of the lowest common denominator that everyone who has been in the fgc for more than 7 years laughs at though :)
>>
>>25026907

Melee hasn't always been the most popular. It's finally getting the attention it deserves.
>>
>>25026758
Not that guy, but I love BW and Melee almost equally. Also mobas are shit and Marvel is not entertaining to spectate.
>>
>>25026943
popularity has literally nothing to do with how deep or complex a game is at a professional level. only an actual retard by definition would believe that.

melee has grown because twitch and the fgc in general have grown, and its a recognizable title because its a meme game from a lot of people's childhoods.

league of legends falls into the same category of shitty games that don't really deserve any of the attention they get, but because they appeal to the lowest common denominator, they continue to be the most popular

look at starcraft 2. even though its a mechanically easier than brood war by 10 times, being a professional level player in starcraft 2 still requires more practice and mental ability and mechanical ability than any other esport right now, and its on its dying breath and will be totally dead in a year.

being appealing to the lowest common denominator is what makes things popular.

>>25027012
why do you say mobas are shit? most starcrumps say absolutely retarded shit like "hurrr u only control 1 unit!!!" but no one argues that's where the difficulty of the game comes from.

the difficulty in mobas comes from understanding how your hero interacts with your teammate's heroes, the enemy's heroes, the map, and the items. and there are many aspects of the game that require quite a bit of mechanical skill as well.

comparing an rts to a moba is like comparing golf which is pure mechanics to football which is about understanding your strengths as a team and the opponent's weaknesses as a team and how to make that an advantage for yourself.

don't kid yourself, there is very little strategy to sc2 or even brood war. there are always builds that players spam and it only ever comes down to scouting or micro (which is entirely mechanical)
>>
File: 1449624759280.jpg (210 KB, 1100x700) Image search: [Google]
1449624759280.jpg
210 KB, 1100x700
>>25026758
>brood war
shit
>quake
amazing but not perfect like melee
>top 3 of the international
shit
>any marvel game at evo
>marvel
>any fighting game that relies on predetermined inorganic combo spamming
absolute shit

melee is the best spectator fighting game because anything can happen and the fluidity of the game is completely natural and never forced

every other fighting game consists of throwing out bait jabs and then punishing with a ridiculously long stale combo that the player has practiced to perfection 10000 times

in melee both characters dance around the stage constantly going balls-to-the-wall coming up with combos on the spot and adapting every second, flinging themselves off stage where one fuck-up will cost them their stock

that kind of tension, fluidity, and pure excitement is literally impossible to recreate in any other video game

melee is king and always will be

also
>he doesnt dude weed lmao
>>
>>25027134
so you have pretty much confirmed you have never actually played any of the games you are talking about, and probably have barely watched them.

>melee is the best spectator fighting game because anything can happen and the fluidity of the game is completely natural and never forced
you can say this about literally ANY game, its nothing but a bunch of buzzwords

>in melee both characters dance around the stage constantly going balls-to-the-wall coming up with combos on the spot and adapting every second, flinging themselves off stage where one fuck-up will cost them their stock
wow! melee has a neutral game! so does every other fighting game! it just proves again how retarded you are and probably a teenager too because you think melee is superior literally based on "dey go super sonic fast!"

also, one fuck up in street fighter or marvel or anime results in a loss of 30% to 40% of their hp or a full character, which is equivalent to losing a stock, so i have no idea what you are trying to say here.

>that kind of tension, fluidity, and pure excitement is literally impossible to recreate in any other video game
you really like those buzzwords, don't you
>>
>>25027119

>starcraft 2
>mechanically easier than brood war by 10 times

Oh... so where are all the brood war pros to win every single tournament then?

Besides, I never said that melee is good because it's popular. I said that I'm happy FGC morons are butthurt about how popular melee is.

Melee is popular because it's the best though, not the other way around.
>>
>>25027236

and one fuck up in melee often loses you the stock at top level

It helps that other fighting games are unwatchable BS due to being either extremely boring looking or else just having tons and tons of shit all over the screen. Melee has a fluidity of movement and freedom which is a lot more interesting than other 2d fighters. Also the edge mechanic brings an entire other dimension to the game.
>>
Haven't touched it in a couple of weeks, leaning towards playing more Smash 4 now, especially because of Cloud.

I was playing Jiggs at the time, will probably main her and Fox once I get a real setup for it
>>
It's better with items
>>
>>25027293
Smasher - Leffen or HBox
>>
All you faggots will never know the glory of using Luigi, he has fast and slow attacks, he is really strong considering his size and has unlimited farts. I mean he is so overpowered
>>
>>25027249
ummm are you actually retarded or something? ever since kespa switch to sc2, the kespa players have been absolutely raping the esl players.

most of the esl players dropped out of stuff like gsl and wcs korea to go play in foreign tournaments against whiteys because they knew they couldn't beat the kespa players. the ONLY exception to this is life.

like just go to liquipedia and look at the winners of all the premier tournaments since about a year after kespa switched to sc2 during the hybrid proleague season and got to learn the game

there are 4 or 5 kespa champions for every 1 esl champion in premier tournaments since then.

like you must honestly not follow sc2 at all if you believe that esl players have EVER been better than kespa players. in fact, almost all of the kespa players dominating sc2 were only practice players on their brood war teams, but because they had the mechanics to even be on the practice team in brood war, they stomped all the origin sc2 shitter players.
>>
File: 1415366444719.png (38 KB, 106x127) Image search: [Google]
1415366444719.png
38 KB, 106x127
>Main
Samus
>Smasher
Kek good wun
>Stage
Corneria

Samus has been my nigguh since OG smash.

All these faggots crying samus is low tier haven't unlocked her killing potential she's a fucking beast in the right hands.
>>
>>25027423

Maybe Kespa does well, I haven't been following it. I just know Flash and Jaedong are pretty bad.
>>
>>25027666
lmfao just neck yourself
>>
>Main
Marth and Falco dual main
>Favourite
DR PP/PewPewU/TheMoon
>>
>>25023146

>Main
Pichu
>Second
Pikachu
>Smasher
Axe
>Stage
Temple

I'm a pretty good Pichu, I can beat my friend's Fox and C. Falcon with it, but his Sheik is too good.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.