[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is it fair how the fuck is it fair? >parents make a lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: tmp_30835-angry_pepe676827753.jpg (65 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
tmp_30835-angry_pepe676827753.jpg
65 KB, 900x900
How is it fair how the fuck is it fair?

>parents make a lot of money so I can't get any grants
>they're dying in debt so we live poorer than everyone else
>go to college
>kicked out because of fees
>owe 10k with no transcripts
>have no car I have to get dropped off at 8 am for a class at 10 by my mom while girls watch
>my friend lives with his grandparents
>they're retired so he gets grants
>he worked long enough to get unemployment
>they double his unemployment because he's in school
>gets refund checks for free money every semester
>had a car since he was 16
>I go to his house and they have a fuckton of food and soda
>they're disabled and can't walk upstairs so he has a whole story of the house to himself with a giant TV and laptops and an Xbox
>I live with my parents who are in my shit literally 24/7
>my other friend has a way nicer life than me but he has a single mom with a low paying job
>he gets food stamps
>there's only one store in my town
>he goes to the store every day and buys everything I like there out so there's none left
>I can't even afford it anyway
>>
>>25022339
Tbh it is kinda fair. According to you, your parents make money, they apparently just try to live beyond their means, which is where the debt came from. Unfortunately, their actions have consequences, including your lifestyle.
Basically, learn from it. Do your shit right, graduate, don't make your parents' mistakes.
>>
>>25022499
No they just really don't know how to spend

I live in a broken down house with no flooring and thin walls and 50 years old carpets that don't cover the whole floor and my parents both have cheap used failing cars and we've never gone on vacation and I starve every week

I'm poorer than my welfare neighbors
>>
>>25022526
Don't know how to spend as in they don't spend the money they make and it just sits in accounts?
Doesn't jive with the "dying in debt" bit.
You're gonna have to just work part time to get what you need. It sucks, but if you're here you don't have a social life while in college anyway, at least not one that's gonna last.
>>
>>25022632
No they owe all their money towards nothing and just have a black pit of death

My dad got 15k from a pension and we still had no food because they put it all on debt

I'm poorer than the poorest people in the ghetto. People on welfare and disability are doing better.
>>
>>25022673
Whatever the reason for being in debt, they are. Solution for you remains the same. I did it, worked 20 hours a week and still did full time school. Just don't spend your money on stupid shit. You'll be fine dude.
>>
>>25022850
Not OP but what did you do for housing? On campus, with folks, or did you get an apartment? Think it's possible to get an apartment on 20 hours a week while also paying for college or would that require a bit more working or a better job that 9 or 10 an hour?
>>
>>25022935
Depends on the city there's student housing for certain campuses
>>
>>25022339
>>they double his unemployment because he's in school
thats not how it works, why are you lying?
>>
>>25023015
Rent isn't to horrid in my area of the country. Some of the cheapest in the whole US, I think. I just don't think I can emotionally handle being in the dorms. I did it for a semester and had to leave because that and financing. And I'd like to be able to have my cat with me and he's not allowed in the dorms. I guess I would have to sit down and do the math and budget.
>>
>>25022339
You should kill yourself for making this thread every fucking day
>>
>>25022673
Nah I lived at home. Sounds like OP can too, which is why I said what I did - he works to cover stuff he needs like food or whatever the parents aren't buying him.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.