[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else /failoutofcollege/ here? What is your excuse? What are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 10
File: 1449993017377.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449993017377.jpg
123 KB, 1280x720
Who else /failoutofcollege/ here? What is your excuse? What are you doing now?
>>
>>25021864
lounging around all day pretty much I might go back one of these days if I don't kill myself
>>
Dropped university because I don't have the money, passion, or personality to be a pilot. Just finishing up my last 2 exams. Didn't fail out though, GPA is 3.0 or so.

Joining the Air Force next, might come back later to finish getting a degree/major in something.
>>
I'm close to failing, I have 8 weeks until exams I should have done months ago
>how do I get myself to study?
>even if I succeed I don't know if I want to contiue with my degree
>>
>>25021864
Flunked out of college freshman year cause I was already in major debt, my depression was acting up, and almost killed myself. Joined the army as last resort.
>>
anxiety since 50% of my course was group work, zero friends, couldn't leave my room to go to the kitchen if anyone else was in it so ate cold food/waited till 2am to microwave stuff. being neet wanting to kill myself
>>
>>25021864
Dropped out of uni but in the UK its just meme debt and I'll never pay it back. My excuse is the course was shitty and uninteresting and at the same time stupidly hard (business studies may aswell be in Chinese) and I am currently a neet
>>
>>25021864
Twice.

It legitimately physically pains me to be in a classroom. It's not even an anxiety thing really, Its been like this since before college except you can't fail out of high school.

Honestly I think my entire life would be fixed if I got prescribed adderall or some kind of ADD medication at an early age.
>>
>>25022007
holy shit this is me anon

I am a freshman what do I do? Should I drop out
>>
Depression and severe social anxiety. Shitty uni has shitty system for my course (animation) and now I'm in a huge debt thanks to the uni being half private half public. Now I don't know if I wanna continue being a neet or go to the nearest community college.
>>
>>25022092
no it's shit my life is pretty much over at 21 lol
>>
I'm only worried about one class. I just want to pass this one class so I can graduate next semester.
>>
>>25022132
whats your plan? are you gonna go back to school?

>tfw I had ideas about grad school before starting college
kek
>>
>>25021961
what id do is treat uni like high school
go there from 8am to 2pm and just work work work , maybe a break or 2 but keep work focused
>>
>>25022162
Not him but in same scenario. Im thinking of getting certified for medical coding/billing so I can work from home.
>>
>>25022162
No, I'm in the uk so there isn't anything like community college to go to and I'm not taking on more debt/don't think a Uni would even let me. Trying for shitty IT apprenticeships/entry level IT helpdesk although they all need fucking years of experience for entry level positions.
>>
File: 1442360827536.gif (418 KB, 300x144) Image search: [Google]
1442360827536.gif
418 KB, 300x144
>tfw you couldnt even get accpeted into university cuz low GPA in high school due to not showing up to get bullied
>>
>>25022030
ADD script kiddie here since I was like 10 I've been on them for over a decade now just recently got off. I think it made my life worse and made me even more autistic when I was younger. Imagine all that energy in a little already fucked up kid
>>
>>25021864
college has a different meaning than it does in the entire rest of the world because I live in a special snowflake land, but basically just because it was a useless social science/humanities program and would have led to me to study some more useless nonsense in university, and the idea of writing 10-page papers ever again made me want to kill myself. I had no idea of what to do in life, but I knew it wasn't that.

I then tried some community college courses related to IT work and web design but also jumped ship out of those for the same reasons.

I've been full NEET for about a year and a half but I'm ready to put that behind me now. Gonna become a music producer senpai but first I gotta be a wagecuck again.

I had a couple of dreams this year where I was in University and having fun with friends and for a minute I felt kind of sad, but then I reminded myself of all the real-world bullshit that wasn't in those dreams and thought "that should stay in dreamland"
>>
>>25022226
Just go to a community college get some good grades then transfer. Hell it's even cheaper to do it that way anyway
>>
>>25022092
just stay in it your all ready in debt
>>
>>25022142
>graduating

NORMIE REEEEEEEE
>>
>>25022233
But It legitimately hurts my brain to focus on just one task for more than 15~ mins.

I remember when I tried some adderall for the SATs 3+ years ago and I felt like my "real" self on it, if that makes sense.
>>
File: 1442612861791.png (918 KB, 593x594) Image search: [Google]
1442612861791.png
918 KB, 593x594
>>25022246
that's what i'm doing right now and i'm trying to transfer over spring 2016 and my high school crush goes to the same uni i'm trying to get in... and shes single
>>
>>25022340
she's already been fucked by 20 chads sorry anon
>>
>>25022327
Yeah it makes sense, I know the feel. I'm not saying that it wouldn't be helpful now, but to be prescribed it as a kid and using it for 14 years is just dumb I think. I think you should try getting a script just don't become dependent on it
>>
>>25022191
The problem is now I don't need to be in, the exams are ones I had delayed for medical reasons
>>
I didn't fail out of grades so much as fail out of finances and being able to do life.
Now I'm still a NEET 6 years later.
>>
>>25022290

my only hope is a strong curve. I know I bombed that final. no doubt about it.
>>
File: HelpPepe.gif (1 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
HelpPepe.gif
1 MB, 300x200
>went to massive PAC 10 party school
>was in fraternity
>never went to class
>fail out
>gain 20 lbs.
>become NEET back home
>>
>>25022340
cool beans, I say you should fuck her. Tell I said you two should fuck
>>
>>25021864
>Who else /failoutofcollege/ here? What is your excuse? What are you doing now?

How can you even fail college without being a retard? I finished with high marks in both my BSc (Maths and Physics) and MSc (Astronomy) without ever studying except in class.
>>
i'm 30 years old and still trying to finish a graphic design degree at a community college. struggle with untreated depression/addiction.

i know it's over for me but i've always had a completely irrational sense of devotion.

people say taking risks is important well that's only true in a very practical sense because i've taken the risk of quitting some huge things that i've started only to find myself starting all over again later on.
>>
>>25022191
>what id do is treat uni like high school
>go there from 8am to 2pm and just work work work , maybe a break or 2 but keep work focused

Implying that I studied in High School.
>>
>>25022398
It's just an extra 6 months then m8 at least you can have time for other shit since you only need one course that you already know really well.
>>
>>25022361
really? i fallow most of my female friends form high school on snapchat and and she only snapped about being at a party once while these other whores LITERALLY take a pic making out with one dude than another pic making out with a different guy at the same party
>>
>>25022463
idk just banter m8
>>
>>25022392
like legit hospitalized medical reasons or are you just a pussy lol? have you talked to everyone you could about it?
>>
>>25022417
are you otherwise full NEET?
>>
I failed once due to depression, I went back and I am graduating, now I am depressed trying to figure out what I want to do for graduate school.
>>
>>25022417
for art shit you HAVE to do internships, anon. Even if youre 30 that's a given for shit like that unless you're freelancing.
>>
>>25022413
It's not that I am a retard, its that I am a freshman who made the huge mistake of thinking that college was like high school

perhaps failing out is an exaggeration for me, more like I will not do as well as I hoped my first semester... I guess it's not super bad but I will have to try much harder next semester

woah thats cool you have a masters in astro, what do you do now? Do you work in the astro field? I am guessing you are in the UK, what can you do with a masters in astronomy there?
>>
>>25022456

I'm so fucking tired of school. 6 months of commuting up the damn highway and suffering through traffic.
>>
>>25022092
if you are too autistic to even do basic interactions with other people then you will NEVER be employable so minds as well drop out now or get on anxiety meds and actively try to fix the problem. Even work from home jobs have you skyping and talking on the phone with other people.
>>
>>25021864
>failed algebra in high school but still graduated
>went to a community college and placed in elementary algebra
>failed that twice and passed it a third time
>failed college algebra twice and passed it a third time
>some how still managed to get my associates degree
>go to uni
>failed trig, chem a and physics a so I had to retake them a second time
>was put on academic probation twice but managed to raise my grades just enough the next semester to get back out

After three years of uni I'm finally supposed to graduate this semester. I just took the physics final today so hopefully I got a high enough grade on it to pass the class.

I don't know what I'll do if I have to stay here another semester, I'm already almost $50k in debt and finding a decent paying job is going to be tough with my sub 2.5 gpa.
>>
>>25021969
How's the army working out for ya?
>>
>>25021864
I flunked out my first try, but I got a medical withdrawal within one semester because it was a small private school and the dean of students thought I would kill myself. My Tetris score was at an all time high though.

The second time I made it four years as an English major. I would have graduated year five with a 2.1 gpa probably. I had to go back for English 105 and I failed it twice with two different professors that hated my guts.

Now I work at my dad's company, I'm a salesman. Life is pretty good, but I never leave the house except to buy beer and pot.
>>
>>25022942

I actually somehow got better at math in college. I did fail my placement test in CC and the only reason I passed my PT on uni was because it was online (thanks mathway).
>>
>>25021864
Dropped out this semester
Working a wageslave job
Still directionless
Still Sad

It was simply escapism. Over the 6 years I've been there, I've never made a single friend. I'm 24, still an undergrad and just felt horrible being there. What made it worse when you see people around you hanging out and laughing, enjoying themselves. Knowing they probably do fun shit, fuck, actually enjoy themselves.
>>
>>25022942
What's your major, f am?
>>
>>25023036
>I actually somehow got better at math in college
probably because you were learning or something idk
>>
File: 1450067081125.jpg (63 KB, 352x217) Image search: [Google]
1450067081125.jpg
63 KB, 352x217
>going to MIT
>get severely depressed
>thoughts of suicide daily, contemplating methods
>hide this to avoid being sent to crazy hospital
>purposely slept through a final today
>4th year and still a bunch of classes to complete

i'll answer any questions about life here. nothing is worse than being on a campus where everyone thinks they have a mental health problem from being worked too hard. i've been a shut in for the past year, abandoned my most of my friends, and hid a mental breakdown this semester well enough to avoid drawing any attention.
>>
File: Zx7mIIP.jpg (78 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Zx7mIIP.jpg
78 KB, 1920x1080
>>25021864
>Everything was going fine
>depression that I've been dealing with for a year just says fuck you
>have breakdown
>do horribly
>feel empty
>stopped going
8 months later here I am. I'm just trying to learn moon and setting up campaigns for my tabletop group.
Family says to just try again but I feel too much of a failure to try again.
>>
>>25021864
I didn't fail out of college but I just got done with a final exam in which 50% of the students going into it were failing. This group of students came into the class with 3.9+ GPA's, I should add, due to the program we are in. Basically the guy is a fucking incompetent asshole and asks trick questions on his exams, answer choices A through G the whole way, has grammar errors on most of his test questions that obfuscate the meaning of the question, and told all of us up front that he does not care for students of our major and doesn't like teaching us. He's a fucking fag and at least 15 people failed out of that class and won't be able to continue with our program, me likely being one of them.
>>
I'm full on failing an easy writing intensive class because i'm behind on almost every essay and too chicken shit to do everything now and hand them in. I've got no excuse just too lazy to start, and some of it required going out to certain events that I was too nervous to do. I have a final for that class tomorrow, i honestly just want to get my f and be done with it but i'll show up anyway to avoid the embarrassment of other classmates knowing i'm failing. I've wanted to die every day since the first day i missed an essay.

This is also my first year at a four year college, was in community college for 2 years, didnt even get associates even though i was close because i just wanted to "start" college but i'm burned out already and getting dumber every year. I want everything to end desu senpais
>>
File: 1435813476095.jpg (138 KB, 886x664) Image search: [Google]
1435813476095.jpg
138 KB, 886x664
>>25023179
wow m8, that sounds pretty bad. Like, north korean-tier bad

being in the MIT has been a pipe dream since I started studying programming, I lack the economy, resources and general skills to apply. what were you studying that shred your sanity to shit?
>>
File: 1439575889186.jpg (57 KB, 720x368) Image search: [Google]
1439575889186.jpg
57 KB, 720x368
>>25021864
I went to a private school for a degree in music performance and recording technology. Halfway into my first year there I stopped going to classes because I was already taught everything they were trying to shove in my face. I had started learning music from a very young age, and I found it useless to pay $70k a year to learn to same bullshit over and over. I ended up flunking out on purpose in protest to the school because they wouldn't allow me to go to more advanced classes. It caused me to sink into a deep depression and become near suicidal. My thoughts would drift to how poor and hungry I was, and during many nights in that period of my life, I nearly took my life on purpose. My significant other helped me out of my major depression, and I now do freelance production and mastering during most of my time. I didn't need paper for any of that shit...
>>
File: 1449169227307.jpg (121 KB, 444x460) Image search: [Google]
1449169227307.jpg
121 KB, 444x460
College freshman here. Life sucks more than ever.

>muh major in business
>muh STEM major
>muh jobs
>muh money
>muh fraternity
>muh friends
>muh parties
>muh best years of your life
>muh just be yourself
>muh muh muh muh muh muh muh
>>
>>25023458
Where were you at kindred spirit? Was it Belmont?
>>
>>25023148
Zoology..
>>
>>25023609
It was not Belmont.
>>
>>25023409
those are some wide areolas wow.

studying EECS (electrical engineering and computer science). it wasn't the difficulty of the schoolwork that got to me though. just a general lack of work ethic, issues with the way i was raised, issues with girls. it was a health problem that broke the camel's back though.
>>
>4th year bio major
>Almost done, just gotta take 2 more upper level Bio electives and labs for them
>Failed Biochemistry TWICE so it'll be a year to graduate

Fucking christ I hate being retarded, animal behavior and communities are piss easy but Chemistry fucks my shit up.
>>
>>25021864
I failed my child services diploma but thankfully I still got a job in child care.
>>
>wanted to be an artist
>drawing, sculpting, and animation (ect.)
>take studio art class
>college i go to is the biggest and best in state
>have to take out loans because super poor fag
>get there and get taught mediocre abstract shit
>'lol gr8 artists steal'
>i had a project where i was supposed to 'sell something on the street' but not do it in the literal way
>given two weeks to do project
>project day comes 'lol no project done' forgot all about it
>had some polymer clay jewelry, trace mom and dad's picture
>make up bullshit about 'selling' it to a couple
>selling it more in terms of bartering, the fake couple scribbled in the outline, i just scribble the lines differently on each part of my parent's outline
>one soft, even scribble for mom, one haphazard, ugly fill in for dad
>get the best grade in the class worked the least out of all of them
>realize art major is a scam, but lol can't quit mid year
>that's okay, my disgusting dorm public bathroom gives me a staph infection on my sides
>super hilly campus, it takes thirty minutes to get to my studio class from my dorm
>super painful, can't walk/bend over/turn
>studio art policy says I can't miss more than two days a semester or I'm out, no two ways about it.
>studio art class makes up the majority of my credits
>need 16 credit hours to keep one of the few grants I had
>have to drop out, got 20k worth of loans, only for 1 1/2 semesters of college
>want to an hero thinking about it
>>
>>25021864
Failed out of my private Catholic uni.
Cut ties with all my friends, done nothing this last I read books and watch films. Comfy life but I miss school everyday. Dropping out has made me feel worthless
>>
I stopped going to college because I finally realized that a liberal arts degree may not have been worth the money (even though I was planning on law school afterwards). Now I'm stuck in the middle of life like everyone else.
>>
Hi >>25024212
>>25023458 here
How did you get staph infection?
>>
>>25024349

Hey man, sorry to read that. Gotta be harsh trying to have something set straight only to be ignored. They wouldn't let you take the end of course tests early or anything? Glad you're still with us.

I either got it when my sheets fell off the cardboard they called a mattress and my skin touched the plastic bit of the bed, or more likely, I would shower in the communal bathrooms. I fell against the tiles one day and I'm pretty sure that's what lead to the infection. It was horrible, I still have scars and the university clinic didn't do anything but prescribe me doxycyline and it made me upchuck every day. Nasty, nasty stuff.

I can't believe they didn't let you move on to more advanced classes, they could've made a great alumni out of you, but that's just it with colleges, all about the money, less about making productive/smart/educated/useful members of society. Nah, let's just fuck 'em over.
>>
>>25023179
Dude you think I can make a good band?
>>
>>25024755
Yes, but only if you truly believe in yourself.
>>
I dropped out yesterday. fuck college.
>paying out the ass to take classes that are unrelated to my major
>staying up snorting amphetamines to study for tests
>eating shitty cheap ass food
>being poor as shit
>repeat for 4 fucking years

all for what? a shit ass 9-5 job that might hopefully make me a middle class living? fuck that shit. I'd rather just be a plumber and make 50k a year by age 23.
>>
>>25024902
>literally dealing with shit everyday
>ignoring the debt plumbers fall into
Just be yourself, anon.
>>
>>25024934

>debt
>schooling is free and you get paid to be an apprentice

ok.
>>
>>25021934
Bruh you didn't have the grades to be a pilot either. No shame in it, there's just a ton of people who want to fly fighter jets, who the fuck doesn't? Unless you mean civilian aircraft, in which case you should totally follow your dream.
>>
I didn't fail out so much as just stop going midway through the semester. I had a full time job working retail and I wasn't going anywhere in college, so I quit. I'm now 23 and the GM of the store I've worked at since then, so it turned out fairly ok.
>>
Dropped out during the spring semester this year since my grades were shit and I was depressed.

Moved and got a job at a ski resort. Never been happier
>>
I'm on academic probation, I don't give a fuck about my major, and I'm too dumb to do any of the interesting tech stuff. Right now looking at either trade school or the army.
>>
File: 1448077365240.png (202 KB, 469x413) Image search: [Google]
1448077365240.png
202 KB, 469x413
>waaaahh I was promised a high paying job for filling out 'essays' for a few years

Fucking kids
>>
>>25025045
>Never been happier

Well you post here, so that clearly isn't true.
>>
>>25025143
Funnily enough this is the first time I've come here in months.
It's amazing how much your perspective of everything changes by not browsing this place for hours a day which is what I was doing before.
>>
Instructor reduced my final exam AND final grade by 10% because of a brief incident of conduct between her and I during the final exam. I now have a C in the course and I'm fucking pissed.

School policy literally says that academic evaluation should be solely based on academic performance. If a student believes academic evaluation is related to judgement of personal opinion or conduct they have the right to be unsatisfied and appeal.

I have A's in all my other classes but idgaf its BULLSHIT
>>
>failed out due to depression
>depressed a few years later
>working as tech support for fancy ISP
>like job
>hate life
>>
>>25025232

Sorry for my rant everyone. I just needed to get it off my chest.
>>
failed out of university and went to trade school
fail 1 class at trade school just barely and no summer school/out of season/nights so I waste another year to retake
finally graduating this year after wasting 2 year and for some reason my parents want me to go onto even further education
>>
>tfw didn't even manage to get in college yet
>>
>>25025232
>brief incident of conduct between her and I during the final exam

what did he mean by this
>>
>>25025232
What >>25025958 said, don't be a vaguefag.
>>
>>25024902
Just go to community college, it's only 2 years, less crap you have to deal with.
Some programs are only about one year for certification and trades.
>>
I dropped out of an easy major in community college a month or two ago because school just fucking depresses me so badly. My teachers really liked me and tried to support me, but I was just to fucked up to follow up and just eventually just stopped going to classes altogether. I'm so fucking happy, robots, you have no idea. I'm so happy at the thought of never having to go through formal education ever again. I have a decent job and a side gig where I'm my own boss that's going well. I don't care that I'll never make 100k a year, I just want an average, happy life. We can all make it, bros.
>>
>>25022007
>couldn't leave my room to go to the kitchen if anyone else was in it so ate cold food/waited till 2am to microwave stuff
fuck, iktfb
this one faggot was often up until about 3am so I had to wait until 4
>>
I failed out of college because I started hallucinating without the use of drugs. I even told my mom it was rude to talk to me and interrupt the voices in my head because it was like interrupting someone while they were talking on the phone.
>>
>>25021969
that's me but I didn't join the army

just NEET right now
>>
>>25025990
>>25025958

>girl asks teacher to clarify a question for her
>teacher makes an announcement to the class about "question #25"
>paraphrases the question to clarify what it means
>confused looks by some classmates
>the girls question was actually about question #21
>another guy and myself make jagsguy.jpg type body movements
>teacher asks us there is an issue
>there isn't
>knew that the teacher meant to say to "question 21" instead of "question 25"
>harmless mistake, just mixed up a word
>tell her anyways bc I am a a bit of a smart ass
>"Don't you mean question 21, not question 25"
>gets upset
>tl:dr "anon, I think you can figure it out, you know what I mean"
>"I know, I'm just sayin...was just...never mind my bad"
>didn't mean to disrespect in any way
>pulls me aside after I hand the exam in
>basically tells me that the incident will result in my final being affected
>decide not to argue about it a lot
>admit and agree that there is no excuse for the behavior

Sorry if that isn't very clear, I'm just really upset right now. Incident literally lasted about 1 minute and I thought only my final exam grade was going to be affected. I didn't expect this. With both of the reductions I basically got a 0 on the my final. I think I had like a 92 in the course. I've set up a meeting to talk about it.
>>
>>25026817
Firstly
>being a smartass
Stop that. Secondly
>admit and agree that there is no excuse for the behavior
Never do this. Now that you've done it you may be fucked. Go above the teacher's head and bring the story to her boss.
>>
>>25024902
Be wary of the trades anon. Most don't make nearly as good as people claim, work 60-70 hours a week and destroy their bodies. Think about it, the tradesmen makes 60k a year working 70hrs a week while the accountant makes 50k a year working 40. Who is actually making more money?

Source: Nearly became a welder
>>
>>25026817
>why women shouldn't work
>>
>>25027291

Yeah I kinda knew I might've dun goofed there

Her pulling me aside kinda caught me off guard
>>
>>25027371

Fucking graduate assistant. First time instructing a class.
>>
>>25023195
>Family says to just try again but I feel too much of a failure to try again
me too, dude.

i just fucking wake up and play league of legends and then go to sleep. a year later.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.