[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>attend a uni with a 73% AR >major Is undecided, want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1372654326647.png (97 KB, 246x232) Image search: [Google]
1372654326647.png
97 KB, 246x232
>attend a uni with a 73% AR
>major Is undecided, want to major in philosophy but know it's a useless degree

Will it even be possible for me to get a job after school?
>>
>>25021662
most important part is interning during the summer

a philosophy degree is pretty much a lock in for grad school or law

Not too familiar with philosophy majors though but I know one or two that became software devs
>>
As long as you're white and put some effort into school then yes.

STEMfags will tell you otherwise and even though, yes they will make the most money, they tend to live much less enjoyable lives.
>>
>>25021691
Only a freshman now. I have no connections and no idea where I could intern.

Do I need to be worrying about this now? How can I start making connections?

The world is suddenly looking much bigger then it did before.
>>
>>25021662
graduated with a philosophy over 6 months ago and I'm still unemployed. life is suffering
>>
>>25021768
Any relevant clubs or events at your school/ career fairs etc.

You don't have to worry about it now since you're a freshman but it should always be in the back of your mind if you want to distinguish yourself from others.

If you can intern during your sophomore year you're already ahead of the pack but you must absolutely intern by junior year or you're going to be behind. Or you might be unemployed after you graduate if you have 0 experience and you're not going to grad/law
>>
>>25021842
But I really don't want to go into law.
I don't know what I want to do.

I really want to be an autor because writing seems to be the only thing I'm good at but I realize it's a meme preofession.
>>
>>25021896
>really don't want to go into law.
Then dont major in philosophy anon

you are not at college to pursue your interests. you are there to gain skills to make you employable above a minimum wage level. If you are interested in philosophy then take it as a minor or on the side, but major in something useful.

You still have time as a freshman to decide what you want to major in but decide quickly, your time is running out. Don't just coast through college until junior year to find your path in life - make a plan that involves being successful and start going down that path now
>>
>>25021967
I know you're right.

I'm trying to figure out what I want but it's hard. I also feel like I'm taking a whole bunch of unless classes this coming semester.

Philosophy and English classes, continuing a language and a required diversity class (the least sjw one they had).
How much do colleges care about this? People I know seem to already know the exact track they wanna follow and have everything layed out to follow from last semester. My classes don't follow at all.
>>
My cousin with a philosophy degree is now a nurse, dating a hottie named Slim, who is actually slim, and overall happy with his life. Do it if it makes you happy, also learn skills besides philosophizing though.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.