[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people have the confidence to say stuff on social media?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1399566154773.png (1 MB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
1399566154773.png
1 MB, 680x510
How do people have the confidence to say stuff on social media?

I'm always so awkward, I don't even bother with it most of the time. I'm too much of a loser.
>>
>>25021349
You post it. and watch the incoming shitstorm. That's it, there's no secret.

Make sure to post quality content though.
>>
>>25021937
I'm always so concerned with what people are going to think of me. So sometimes I think about posting a status or a tweet and just wind up freezing.

It's also why I don't really put many pictures of myself up anywhere, I'm ugly and I don't want people to say negative things about me behind my back.
>>
Because you care too much about what other people think.

Everyone, or almost everyone, cares about what people think of them. But when it gets to the point where you can't express yourself because of anxiety it's a problem.
>>
>>25022043
Sounds like me to a fucking T.

And no one's ever impressed by anything that I ever have to say either.
>>
>>25022000
As you see. Never post any picture of yourself online as it is attention seeking and a cancerous behavior. What you want to do is to socialize and create a network where you can meet people who have the same interest as you and that you can befriend with.

Also be careful as whatever is posted on social media might as well be archived and sometime companies can and will make profits out of your data that yourself you provide. see Facebook for example.
>>
>>25022095

Because it's obvious you're trying to impress them. When people see that you're just trying to make yourself look good it just makes you look pretentious.
>>
>>25022117
>What you want to do is to socialize and create a network where you can meet people who have the same interest as you and that you can befriend with.
Right? But I'm too shy to even do that sometimes OR I never really think to do that.

Like, I honestly never think to socialize with others.
>>
>>25022125
BUT WHY DO THEY HAVE TO LOOK AT ME WITH DISGUST AND DISBELIEF

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST BE GENUINELY IMPRESSED BY THE THINGS THAT I SAY
>>
>>25022201

Because what you're saying is probably retarded.

Give examples. The fact that you're so offended that people don't think you're some kind of genius just leads me to believe even more than you come off as pretentious.
>>
>>25022143
Guess you just need time to figure it out how to find the best approach. I suggest you create an account somewhere (it doesn't have to be a real name or anything) and you just find yourself an activity or a group of people with common interest that might make the aspect of socialization easier and a little bit less awkward.

There is always a first time to take actions.
>>
>>25022224
>Because what you're saying is probably retarded.
How is what I'm saying any more retarded than what some dumb Stacy cunt says?

>>25022252
This is what I want to do.

I always make the mistake of using my real name for that kind of thing and it ends up blowing up in my face somehow.
>>
>>25022298
>How is what I'm saying any more retarded than what some dumb Stacy cunt says?

Because she's a woman she posts shit just to say shit instead of impressing people.

Give examples anon. I'm curious now as to what you've been posting that makes people react with disgust.
>>
>>25022342
It honestly hasn't happened to me in a while since I'm really quiet on social media.

What I mean is, since this sort of thing has happened to me IRL, I always imagine people reacting with chagrin whenever I put anything up there. It just doesn't come naturally to me.

Like whenever I actually bother to put up a status, no one responds or likes it and I just imagine they shake their heads and move on.
>>
>>25022407

Then give examples of what you'd say IRL anon. Jesus man come on. Just tell us already.
>>
>>25022298
then you got the solution. you know what to do.

/thread
>>
>>25021349
Well according to news programs this site counts as social media.

So practice here, then spread the communication style you learned here to places like tumblr and see how it goes.
>>
>>25022474
Shit, nigga. Idk

I'm not quite as anxious IRL even though this kind of thing happens from time to time.

It especially happens whenever I try to give an intelligent answer to something and I end up flubbing what I'm trying to say b/c I can't get out what I'm trying to say in an intelligent, confident manner.

For example, once we watched a movie in a class a few semesters ago. It was about a slave who was forced to have sex with his master's wife and he ended up being killed because of it.

Lots of people in class gave their interpretations of certain things about the movie, but when I tried to share my opinion, I fucked up my point and no one was really impressed.
>>
>>25022523

Do not do this OP. What is acceptable here is vastly different than what is acceptable to normal people.

The thing to keep in mind is that on a base social level, every human is the same. Everyone wants to feel accepted, to feel like they belong. Nobody wants to feel alienated. Become familiar with popular culture and discuss it with people. If you think something in popular is shit say so, but give reasons for why you think it's shit. Instead of saying "XYZ is shit and anyone who likes it is shit" say "XYZ is lacking in so-and-so ways and whatever the fuck is better, you should check it out". Being a condescending fuck is the quickest way to make people hate you.
>>
>>25022615

Then stop trying to sound intelligent. Unless you're a literal retard nobody really cares how smart you are. If you're actually a bright person, it will show through how you dictate your thoughts and in general conversation through subtle things like word choice and storytelling. Consciously thinking about how you talk is just going to make you fuck up.

It's like walking in public. When you're not thinking about it you just do it no problem. But the minute you think about it and become self-conscious is when you start to walk all weird.
>>
>>25022731
But I don't consciously try to sound intelligent. It's more like I try to say something and due to socially awkwardness, and social anxiety, I flub up what I'm trying to say, particularly in front of groups, especially in front of people who don't know me.
>>
>>25022840

Anon the last like 3 posts you've made you've straight up said you try to sound intelligent.

>I try to give an intelligent answer
>no one's ever impressed by anything that I ever have to say
>I'm always so concerned with what people are going to think of me

People are going to think of you whatever they will and nothing you can do will change that. You have to learn to stop fearing judgement.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.