[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My uni offers free confidential psychiatrist appointments where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1431377755695.jpg (37 KB, 500x457) Image search: [Google]
1431377755695.jpg
37 KB, 500x457
My uni offers free confidential psychiatrist appointments where you can talk about whatever you want.

Will this help me at at all. I just feel unreal all the time and I have such a hard time connecting with people, like there's some glass wall separating me from the rest of the world.

I'm at college the easiest place in the world to meet people, and I have no friends or connections and eat meals in the dining hall alone everyday. Even when people try to talk to me I simply blow them off and make them Not want to talk to me anymore.

I'm trying to make improvements:
>started getting /fit/, on the edge of leaving skeleton king mode
>replaced my vidya habits with literature
>actually started taking classes seriously
>change my views of looking at things, look for the best in everything instead of the worst

But I still feel so fucked up mentally. Does a psychiatrist actually help.
I also don't want to be given drugs
>>
>>25019915
Why do you blow people off when they try to talk to you?

I do more or less the same thing. Mainly because I'm so afraid of messing up the conversation, or them noticing how nervous I am, that I'd rather just get it over with already. Same for you?
>>
>>25020190
I don't know. I just don't know what to say really and I'm afraid of them judging me, even though what I do probably causes me to judged ever harder.
>>
>>25020529
I just entered university and I'm finding it easier and easier to talk to people just by going up to them, not giving a fuck, and just saying whatever I think of on the spot. I used to be so scared of saying something wrong but in reality I've found that whatever comes out is usually acceptable. If not, I can drop the conversation and look for someone else to talk to. Try it OP.

Don't forget your roots though; I go out of my way to sit with fellow robots who look like they need a confidence boost.
>>
You can try, but most likely they'll be turbonormie and you'll just get more frustrated.

>just b urself ;^)
>>
>>25020884
>>25020732
Another main question I have is this.

I've been feeling really suicidal lately, but not in the way I used to feel.

Like I'm not depressed but I'm just sick of life, and for some reason I've lost all my fear of dying.
Like I don't care whether I live or die, but I have some odd feeling that death may be more enjoyable then what I'm currently living.

Do I tell them this? Will they put me on anti depressants?
>>
>>25019915
It won't hurt to try, but school counselors are generally shit and will probably just tell you the usual 'talk to people, just b urself :>), etc'
>>
>>25020928

>anhedonia
inability to feel pleasure

It's fairly common for a chronically depressed person to feel (or lack of feeling) anhedonia.

You can open up about suicidal but they'll be obligated to have you committed if you tell them about being a danger to yourself. You can get put on suicide watch or involuntarily committed depending on who you tell.

And depending on who is counseling, they may not be authorized to prescribe anything. They may only be able to refer you. Odds are if they are free they are either volunteers or trainees and can't prescribe shit.

I've been off and on psych meds for a while now, ask me questions if you'd like.
>>
>>25019915
Pretty sure you have to have a referral from a doctor to see a psychiatrist. My uni does the same thing as yours, but you need a referral.
>>
>>25021037
How much can you not feel pleasure.

I don't really seem to get pleasure from anything anymore but like I said I think I cured most of my depression.

Now I just feel numb.
>>
>>25021303

Like me personally? If you read about depression people can feel varying degrees of anhedonia to where they only feel tiny amounts of pleasure to flat out being unable to enjoy any single moment of their lives. With me the only way I could feel any emotion besides dull sadness was to get staggeringly drunk.
>>
Sorry to hijack op's thread.
Best internet friend has depression, he knows it, i stay with him during his episodes, shrink told hin to take antidepressants. but he doesnt want to go on meds. He says he knows they dont help and that he thinks of them as 'artificial happiness' but the more and more i talk to him, i am starting to see that when he has episodes it's the depression eating on him.

i worry though. Should i recommend him to take meds? He trusts me and my judgment, i know i have enough influence to convince him. Would it actually not make him better?
>>
>>25021380
Replace alcohol for weed. We definetly didn't help but made me more content.
>>
How many colleges offer this? I can't afford a psychiatrist and pay for college at the same time
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.