[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
General aviation thread >CPL, SMEL, instrument and complex ratings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: Cessna 185 E.jpg (97 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
Cessna 185 E.jpg
97 KB, 500x334
General aviation thread

>CPL, SMEL, instrument and complex ratings
>>
>>25019638
Not a pilot, but my dad has an RV-6 that I fly in a lot. He used to have a Cessna 170B, before that.

While I do have a few flight-hours just sitting in the right seat with my dad on the left, I'm hardly more skilled flying a plane than your average housewife at driving an 18-wheeler.
>>
>>25019638
I want to become an aerospace engineering so bad but I'm currently in CC.

At least I passed College Algebra. There's hope r-right?
>>
File: 1448915013347.png (91 KB, 240x255) Image search: [Google]
1448915013347.png
91 KB, 240x255
>>25019764
*engineer.

Fuck my shitty brain
>>
>>25019721
Did he do the build on the RV? I'd really love to build a plane whenever i get the time/ money
>>
>>25019788
Nah, he used to want to build one, but he's a pilot first and foremost and he can't afford two planes. So basically (since he has a job; non-retired) he'd be sentencing himself to at least a few years with no plane and a time-consuming project.

I'm glad he didn't; he recently started re-doing the floors in his house (at my mom's request) and it's taken him months to do what a contractor could've done in a week at the most, probably a single day with a crew of 2 or 3. I can't imagine how frustrated he'd be with the airplane build at this point.

Look into build times before you do; building a microlight might be something you'd wanna do first. I get the impression that's something that a working man can do in his spare time in the garage and still have flight-ready in a relatively short time. Cheap as balls, too, and if you're burger then almost zero laws apply to you.
>>
>>25020141
Ive been looking into the RV-10 and it seems like with two or three buddys helping out it'll take around two years of working weekends on it which honestly doesnt seem too bad. Just build and buy one part at a time
>>
>>25020395
2 or 3 guys working weekends, if you're all relatively dedicated then a few years sounds about right, from what I've heard.

Of course, all what I've heard is hearsay from other guys talking at experimental fly-ins and whatnot, I don't have anything solid to base that time on. Personally, I'd get bored pretty quick because as proud as I would be to build something like that myself, I'd be a little disappointed that I spent all that time and money and wouldn't be able to fly it anywhere until years later.
>>
File: cessnapics1.jpg (93 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
cessnapics1.jpg
93 KB, 1024x768
>>25019638
>>>/n/ has a general for this actually, but anyway. I have my private license with night and multi ratings, with experience on various 172's/152's, a Tecnam P2006T and a Piper Seminole.

I was about to do my commercial flight test, but they found blood in my urine during my aviation medical, which I needed. A bunch of fuck-ups from both my local clinic, the hospital, and the gubberment prevented me from getting my medical approved for another 4 FUCKING MONTHS. In that time, I realized I didn't have the money/personality/passion to be a pilot and gave up on getting a university aviation degree.

Now I've applied for a job as an aircraft technician in the Air Force where I can use my knowledge and hopefully straighten myself out. Might come back to aviation later, which is why I decided not to cancel the Instrument written test I have tomorrow.

Pic related is the best picture I ever took, shame it was on a phone.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.