[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /r9k/, I just lost my best friend 3 hours ago. Pic related.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
Hey /r9k/, I just lost my best friend 3 hours ago. Pic related. Just wondering if anyone else could share some advice over losing such a big part of their lives. Sorry if this is a shit post or belongs in a feels thread. I just need help.
>>
Use your feels to better yourself. Your best friend saw you as the leader of the pack, you were the one and only alpha for your pet. Now is the time that you become an alpha for real.
>>
Feels bad man, I hope you get better
>>
Like any loss, death of a family member or friend, a pet or the end of a relationship, it'll hurt for a time depending on the strength of the connection. For its a bad one there will be a strong temptation to say fuck it and just sloth around the house and not doing anything helpful. This will generally slow down the processing to feeling better again but sometimes there's not much you can do. Otherwise, you will hurt a bit each day until the day comes where you wake up and think about them, and you don't feel happy about it but it doesn't hurt so much anymore. that's the beginning.
>>
>>25019610
Thanks. I thought about running tomorrow morning, but I will probably do it tonight. Even if I don't get very far, at least I can start a good habit. I"m just not sure what to do with myself.
>>
Poor little fella... Well, there is no much to say, just that Im sorry for your loss.

Remember the good times you spend with your dog. And you were by his side when you put him to sleep. He would thank you for doing something so hard if he could.

Now is very soon, but remember that there are a lot of dogs waiting for a good friend... You are not replacing your dog, you are giving a new home to a new dog that deserves to have some love.
>>
Grief never lasts as long as you think it will
>>
>>25019556
I would not have had the strength to watch them go, so good on you for that OP.

I would honestly say, if it gets bad, talk to a grief counselor. Otherwise other anons in this thread have made good suggestions. You have to resist the temptation to just fall into grief.
>>
>tfw lost my pudgy little jack russel 3 years ago
I will never not be sad about it
People have told me to get over her because she's just a dog but I'll never forget her or get over the loss
I still cry sometimes
>>
>>25019610
>>25019679
>>25019717
>>25019778
Thanks for the input. Nice to get non troll posts. I think I am going out for a run. I wish this feeling on no one, and wish any other robots luck in fixing, and bettering themselves.
>>
>>25019725
That's great. Now remember your desire to run right now. I know you'll forget. But when you're bored, try really really hard to remember this moment, then do it again. Then don't stop.
>>
>>25019861
Dogs>most people

Normies will never understand how important the loyalty of your furry bro is. For the normie has no loyalty
>>
>>25019556
Neve, ever use the loss of this friend as a reason to not find another
>>
>>25019556
>be southern boy
>damn pitbull won't stop slutting around the neighborhood
>neutering is for pussies
>have 6 little pups that no one wants
>drown them in the creek out back

The only solution to your problem, OP, is killing them before they can break a heart.
>>
File: dawg.png (77 KB, 675x822) Image search: [Google]
dawg.png
77 KB, 675x822
I lost my mom and my dog of 8 years with two weeks last year. Chin up, man, you'll get through it.
>>
>>25019950
Tfw crying right now
They'll never understand
>>
>>25019556
I'm 30 (and still live at home lol) and we already put down one dog in my lifetime, our current dog is also at the end of the road.

Just think of how good your dog's life was compared to any other animal in the wild where they have to constantly watch their back for preys and predators and fight others of their own kind and then finally die a shitty painful death and become food for either predators or scavengers. It lived in comfort until the very end and you all got to go "boohoo we love you" and it probably felt really awesome as it was receiving morphine.

>>25019610
probably the best reply ITT
>>
>>25020001
Fuck that pic is cringey
>>
File: IMAG0210.jpg (682 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0210.jpg
682 KB, 1520x2688
>>25019861
Jack Russels are the best. I sometimes get a bit teary eyed when I see the gray coming in around my guy's snout because I start thinking about how heartbroken I'll be when I lose him. People make fun of me when I say he's my best friend but only a pet will love you unconditionally.

pic related: best dog ever.
>>
my cat is about 15-16 years old and he recently got an infection in his eye. it just fucking kills me when I see pus and blood dripping from his eye... we will take him to a vet real soon but all this just makes me think of the day when he has to go and I'm not ready for that.. he's like a son to me
>>
>>25019556

I'm so sorry bro, I'm feeling your feels right now, chin up lad, things will get better.
>>
File: 5766.jpg (131 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
5766.jpg
131 KB, 1280x960
>>25020276
My mom had a cat when I was younger that I played with and bullied. He was an asshole and didn't like me.

Two years after living with my dad, I came back and he was right at the door to meet me; He became a fat asshole who bit everyone but me. He'd come chill on my bed and my desk.

After my mom and her bf and split, he took my cat with him. I'll never get to have another pet that loves me that unconditionally and exclusively.
>>
>>25019556
reverse image search. 0 results fuck I'm sorry OP
>>
>>25019556
>lost best friend 3 hours ago
>not curled up in a corner sobbing hysterically

Did you even care about your ''best friend''? Rest in peace, qt dog. All dogs go to heaven.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.