[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much do you NEETS make anyway? What country?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
How much do you NEETS make anyway?
What country?
>>
>NEET
>make
>>
File: Smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>25016681
We don't actually make any money, none of us actually have welfare, we just sit around shitposting to distract us from our miserable lives.
>>
8 squids an hour what about u pham
>>
how much welfare money do you get?
>>
File: 1450106906573.gif (161 KB, 500x352) Image search: [Google]
1450106906573.gif
161 KB, 500x352
>>25016681
ausfag here, government gives me 530 a fortnight in neetbux.
i need to jump through a bunch of hoops and pretend im looking for jobs and shit. shit stresses me out i wish i could just get payed for looking at cute 2d girls on the internet ;-;
>>
>>25016681
Roughly 150 GBP every 2 weeks, and my rent paid for me
Britbong
>>
Around $750 a month for my mom, U.S
>>
>$840/month + prescription benefits
>autismbux
>Canada
>>
>>25016796
150 for JSA? I used to get 200 back in 2012
>>
File: 1446669501561.jpg (205 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1446669501561.jpg
205 KB, 640x640
>>25016731
this is the only real answer here.

I make 15k a year.

I fucking hate my life.

Roleplaying as a NEET literally keeps me sane and also I get a few laughs out of it now and then
>>
>>25017264
Are you in a higher age bracket or something?
>>
>>25016787
you can be my 2d qt
the gov gives me 1k a fortnight
>>
I think around $700 dollars a month which goes directly to my mom to pay bills. But includes my health care benefits too.
USA
>>
USA. Not a NEET but have a psychiatric disorder which could get me on disabilities whenever I wanted.

There's a website that lets you check your hypothetical disabilities benefits amount, I think the base amount for me would be $350/mo which goes up to match my rent if I'm paying under a certain amount.

With that and foodstamps, I COULD live but I'm trying to save up for trade school right now. I know that if I ever go full NEET again I'm probably not going to stop and I actually want to do stuff now.
>>
>>25017346
Was 21/22 back then. I thought JSA increased every April unless IDS is still being a cunt
>>
113 pounds per week and I live with my parents who pay for my food, electricity, etc

Pretty comfy desu
>>
>>25016787
Ausfag here too. What state you in, NEET friend?
>>
>>25017516
isnt tradeschool free?
What disability you got
>>
>>25016681
My sister is a NEET.

She gets ~$500 a month for food stamps and her rent is only $9, in what I assume is Section 8 housing.
>>
>>25017348
what country are you from lad?
>>
>>25017784
Also, her sister lives next door to her and is also a NEET, but only gets ~$250 in food stamps, since I don't think she actually has custody of any of her nearly dozen kids.

The $500 is with two kids in her custody. Unfortunately.
>>
>>25016681
I'll give you a real answer.
USA here, California most specifically.

So I was like 23 and working in telemarketing for Bank of America. The project I was on tanked, me and this ugly chick were the only people selling anything. So they shitcanned all of us. Luckily the head of the department made sure to do the paperwork as being laid off since it was technically an administrative decision and not performance based termination. They at least did us that favor.

So I was getting unemployment of $193 per week (yes I remember that amount) for about half a year. In addition I was getting EBT for about $150/month. I was paying $225 in rent and had my own room (8 bedroom house) so I really was doing pretty OK. I had a novel I wanted to work on so I was like "I'll find a job later, let me just finish this, then I'll become rich and super famous and I won't even need a job anymore lolololol"

Yeah...

So my novel tanked. I self published it and sold to family, friends and like 30 random people who bought it out of pity. After a half year my unemployment ran out and I had to go on actual welfare. That was about $450/month and I had a case worker who was literally insulting me and asking why I wasn't getting work every couple weeks. One month she got me on a technicality, I had too much saved up since my rent check didn't get cashed until late so I was kicked off of ALL benefits, including EBT until I could get stuff straightened out 2 months later.

I did another few months of that just writing and blogging and doing some side jobs for another couple months until we almost lost the house. The owner who was doing us a favor by renting it out so cheap almost evicted us after we had a huge party here and the cops got called. So I realized I had to get my shit together, got a job, went to community college, eventually transferred and now I'm 30 and haven't been out of work since then.

So tl;dr
At best $1000/month, later $600/month, sometimes nothing.
>>
>>25017887
>At best $1000/month, later $600/month, sometimes nothing.
>sometimes nothing
>nothing
wtf man how did you live
>>
>>25017967
A guy can live on almost nothing if you really want to. My rent was still cheap and I ate nothing but rice&beans, top ramen, canned tuna and spam once every couple days for special occasions and I'd bum an orange or a banana off of my roommates every now and then but not enough to get noticed or get caught. Also another hidden secret of being truly broke is potatoes. They're cheaper than ramen and it feels like real food. A 10 lb bag of potatoes was like $3 at the store, sometimes even less. Put a slice of cheese on it, bake it and it almost feels like real eating. Have that with a little bit of spam and it's almost a respectable meal. Or buy a can of chicken broth, cut a few potatoes up, put it in a pot and you made soup. Or put a few chunks of spam in there and you made poverty stew.

If you really want to, you can eat on $10/week. You'll get fucking sick of rice/beans and potatoes but it can be done.

My problem was that instead of taking this as "shit, man, I better get a job" my whole thought process was "if I can just live like this a little longer I can get my welfare back and keep living like this and maybe I'll be a famous writer soon!". It was dumb. I was dumb.

Never again.
>>
Anyone else feel like America is pretty much a 3rd world country? I swear everyone's poorer on average. Our healthcare system is a complete joke and education is as well in a lot of places. It used to be that you didn't have to be rich to get things, but now if you want your kid to have decent healthcare, good education and extracurricular activities, you have to be upper middle class at LEAST. and no, this doesn't seem to be the norm for a lot of countries that are "POORER" than us, we have no excuse other than exploitative rich and corrupt government. and we do nothing about it as a people, all we need are our phones and reality TV shows. the higher ups must laugh themselves into comas at us daily
>>
>>25018249
What do you consider upper middle class? Like gross family income to be considered that?
>>
>>25018249
>healthcare system is a complete joke
Our healthcare system has rich people from other countries coming here for treatment. It's the best in the world at the top level. For lower levels, there's insurance. You have it right now or at least you should.

>education is as well
Wrong again. Our universities are the best in the world. If you take blacks out of the equation our high schools are among the best in the world as well. Don't go to a high school with a high black population. Don't live around blacks. You now are attending a high school that is better than almost all European equivalents. Still a little behind Japan though.

>you have to be upper middle class at LEAST
Define this. What does this mean to you.

>exploitative rich and corrupt government
So your solution is more gibs me dat?
>>
>>25018294
I live in the deep south so I'd say a lifestyle that's good for your children (2-3), assuming both parents work full-time and get benefits, excluding any lavish spending like vacations and new cars, and still very money-conscience, 70k at the very least. That being said, you don't even need that kind of salary to raise a family with public schooling/health options, but these programs are getting worse by the year. People are increasingly impatient with serving the poor and stay the fuck away from public anything. I don't actually know the income brackets, but people don't make that much money down here.
>>
File: goodmommy.jpg (78 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
goodmommy.jpg
78 KB, 409x409
0$ a year. My mommy takes care of my butt. Might be homeless soon but who cares?

I'm terrified of becoming homeless but I can't stop being NEET
>>
>>25018527
Just wanted to check, also in the South. I've got 80k gross and planning on kids soon, and I've probably got too many aspirations to raise them above the level I was raised at (20k, dozen kids, poverty).

I live near a city with one of the best public schools in the USA, but the chances of getting a kid into it are usually pretty slim. I want to do a Montessori daycare (regular daycares are hellholes that destroy children imo), and a nanny, ballet or sports or whatever they want to get into, and all the things rich people do to make certain their children turn out well. It definitely requires skimping on life's other "pleasures."
>>
German NEET here.

400 Euro + free apartment and
free heating costs.
>>
>>25018384
>Our healthcare system has rich people from other countries coming here for treatment. It's the best in the world at the top level. For lower levels, there's insurance. You have it right now or at least you should.

>rich people

That was my point.

>Wrong again.
So our schools are doing better than countries that have NO money when we're supposed to be the richest country on earth. I won't comment on universities.

>Define this. What does this mean to you.
>>25018527

>So your solution is more gibs me dat?
Not more, just major reform. The system is not built for people to transition from benefits to a job. Someone can take on a job that requires extra costs in gas or childcare or what have you and end up making less than when they were on benefits. And they'd STILL lose the benefits just from working. A true system that helps people out of their hole would decrease benefits gradually as they worked.
>>
>>25017516
link to website?
>>
>>25018645
What does your gf/wife do? Daycare expenses are ridiculous. If your partner isn't working, I wouldn't bother desu.They're exploiting the ever popular 2-working-parent and single parent households. Sorry to use the word exploit a lot, but I'm going to get some death stares when I tell people that I'm going to try to avoid daycare if I can. I didn't start any type of schooling until I was 5, but if teaching your kid to read at 2 has to be a thing now, I can do that myself.
>>
>>25016681
>30k grill cook/second in command to the chef
>25
>virgin
>no bills
>no girls
ayy i save to get my own wage slaves so i can travel..someday
>>
File: 1443629178995.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1443629178995.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>25016681
Housing allowance and income support combined a bit over 970eur per month in finland.
About 550eur of it goes to a rent of my apartment and bills, so that leaves me 420eur to spend on food and entertainment.
No problem.
>>
>>25017535
Strange, I only get 73.10 per week (just went up from like 50 a week too).
>>
>>25018384
What's the point of having "superior healthcare" if it's only for the rich.

Socialize health care. If everyone has it, it'll help the people as well as companies who pay to subsidize the cost of your health insurance anyway.

This way people can also not worry about losing health care If they start up their own business. More local businesses the better.

Besides the real gibmedats are the corporation whore welfare queens who shift the burden of paying employees a living wage onto you and me through tax paid welfare programs.

You want less gibmedats and less people on welfare? Make companies pay their fair share or get the fuck out and don't do business in America.

They may threaten to move but they wont, they already operate and pay living wages in other countries so they can fuck off
>>
>just sent off my third autismbux application
They actually sent my Mom a packet to fill out too.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.