[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best way to stop smoking? I tried in so many times
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: 1446915397623.png (67 KB, 616x596) Image search: [Google]
1446915397623.png
67 KB, 616x596
What is the best way to stop smoking? I tried in so many times and i'm paranoid as fuck about possible health damages and really want to quit but it is really hard for me to withstand it while it is so widely available. After waking up and after eating something it is the worst feeling not to have a fag
>>
Please help me robots you're the only people i talk to at all
>>
theres gum or patches i guess. when i quit i just didnt buy another pack once the one i had ran out. i wasn't a heavy smoker though, only had about 4 a day.
>>
>>25016254
Switch to vape. Gradually drop the nicotine level from 3 to 0.
Quitting vaping is much easier than quitting smoking
>>
>>25016254
>not to have a fag

I did laugh mightily
>>
Simple. Get one of those shitty vape pens and don't be a faggot about it. Start off with 18-24mg of nicotine and slowly stage down to 12mg then 8 then 3 eventually you'll come off of it. Just don't become a "vaper"
>>
>>25016254
Here's how I quit smoking

__________________________________________________________________________I stopped putting cigarettes in my face and smoking them, even if I felt like it_____________________________________

works everytime.
>>
Ha, tough one.
I tried vaping, you'll stop smoking only to get hook up on something else, slightly less health harming.

After 10 years smoking and 2 vaping, I use nicotinic menthol spray: kills the crave, while not being enjoyable enough to get addictive.

You could also try champix or zyban. I tried zyban, it worked, but I got suicide cravings instead
>>
>>25016334
I did this like 9000 times and it didn't work for some reason
>>
>>25016254

Do mushrooms or LSD. It has a 60-70% succes rate
I smoked for 4 years since i was 14 and stoped after doing lsd once and saying i stop now. from on eday to th eother i completely stopped.
>>
>>25016305
Yeah accept its almost nothing like smoking and most people who switch to vaping to quit smoking end up failing.

OP when i started smoking organic tobacco i found that I smoked a lot less and din't have nearly as bad cravings. This is probably because normal cigarettes have toluene and a bunch of other fire accelerators in them which is addictive and has psychoactive properties all on its own.
Nicotine patches and gum don't really work for most people.
At the end of the day you just have to quit there is no way to completley stop the craving of wanting to smoke a cigarette unless you want to be traumatized from smoking.
>>
>>25016254
Why would you want to stop? Are you planning to live forever fag? Why would you prolong this?
>>
>>25016342
>I use nicotinic menthol spray: kills the crave, while not being enjoyable enough to get addictive.

dunno man I quit smoking and started stealing these 1mg/spray fuck the rush was so much better than a cigarette I start spraying 7-8mg at a time, sometimes I'd get these horrible fucking overdoses where the world would spine I'd feel violently sick I couldn't walk or anything because of the blurry spinning

but seriously if you can't quit smoking you're a weak piece of shit try quitting a real drug normie

here's how you quit smoking: stop smoking and buying tobacco.

literally that easy

after like a week if you smoke again it will be gross anyway so it's easy
>>
File: 1446790443655.jpg (44 KB, 250x237) Image search: [Google]
1446790443655.jpg
44 KB, 250x237
Chain-smoke 1 back of cigs in under 5 minutes

I's called post-reverse homeopathy
>>
>>25016392
did you put a cigarette in your mouth and smoke it? That might have been how it didn't work
>>
>>25016512
For me, the menthol spray is so disgusting I can't binge.
I also mix some non nicotinic menthol spray to step down the dose.

I know I'm weak willed... So just try things until one works for you
>>
Try hardcore drugs
>>
>>25016412
>Do mushrooms or LSD. It has a 60-70% succes rate
Yes, when COMBINED with cognitive behavioral therapy.
>>
>smoked for years
>quit
>gained 30 pounds

back to smoking it is.
>>
>>25016571
i just could not resist not buying cigs even though i was determined not to
>>
yeah try natural tobacco or weed
>>
>>25016412
I have smoked for 19 years, about 15 years a pack a day basically.
LSD makes me hate cigarettes but it usually only lasts until the peak.
>>
While we're on the subject of halting obsessive behaviour, can someone help me to stop fapping to 2D
>>
Try eating a foetus.. I did that and now I feel so good!
>>
>>25016619

No. I smoked for 4 years, tried stoping so damn often.
NO cognitive behavioral therapy, was having somewhat of a bad trip and cigs made it worse, so i didnt smoke for 30 hours.
Simply thought to myself, didnt smoke for 30 hours, imma just stop now.
Worked fine.
>>
>>25016652

Maybe it was permanent for me since i only smoked for 4 years.
>>
>>25016728
I meant the 60-70% success figure is for proper therapy + one strong of psychedelics.
http://hub.jhu.edu/2014/09/11/magic-mushrooms-smoking

>>25016745
Yeah, it definitely makes a different. Imagine, I started smoking at age 13 when the brain and personality is far from maturity. Pack a day since age 16. Now I'm 32.
It's strongly ingrained.

When I take LSD, I realize how disgusting it is and don't smoke for 2 to 4 hours. Then at or after the peak, it collapses, and I smoke again.
>>
I see these threads all the time and keep on saying the same thing: talk to your doc about tobacco cessation and get on Welbutrin and nicotine gum. The nicotine gum you use to break the habit of smoking. The Welbutrin makes you not feel withdrawals when you finally cut back on the gum. The only thing you'll need is to not buy cigs and be serious about quitting. No withdrawals, no fuss
>>
>>25016808
*strong dose
*difference
>>
Allan Carr easy way to stop smoking
>>
>>25016622

Same here. I quit and went from 160 pounds to 220 in a fucking heartbeat and ended up feeling shittier than when i smoked. Started smoking again 5 months ago and i'm back to 160.
>>
File: Kei_Kurono.jpg (15 KB, 223x270) Image search: [Google]
Kei_Kurono.jpg
15 KB, 223x270
I stopped smoking by switching to vaping

It's more expensive and the nicotine craving is still there, it might even be STRONGER now which sucks, but I dont smell like stale tabacco anymore so it's worth it i g u e s s . . . .
>>
File: 1446427825554.jpg (20 KB, 404x360) Image search: [Google]
1446427825554.jpg
20 KB, 404x360
>smoking

Whats it like smelling like and ashtray wherever you go?
>>
daily remember that if you smoke you are a normie. pls leave immediately
>>
>>25017087
When you start at 13 you don't care anymore 20 years later
>>
>>25017194
Every one that's not dumb enough to smoke sure does.
>>
>>25017268
Well I still got a job and a girlfriend, so it can't be that bad.
>>
>>25017321
i'm assuming you've kissed her? Like in the adult man and adult women passionately in love way? that's fucking gross.

also get out normie
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.