[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are NEETs that are supported by the government actually.. a thing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: popepope.jpg (93 KB, 595x842) Image search: [Google]
popepope.jpg
93 KB, 595x842
Are NEETs that are supported by the government actually.. a thing? And they can afford Internet? Or is this just a giant meme I've fallen for..?
>>
>>25016108
It's real, ask away
>>
>>25016146
What country are you from and what standard of living do you have? And do you live alone, or do you have other types of financial support?

Quite baffled this genuinely exists..
>>
>>25016204
>What country are you from
UK
>and what standard of living do you have?
Very decent, i can afford to keep 40gbp a week to spend on drugs or anything else i want
>And do you live alone
No
>or do you have other types of financial support?
My father pays most of the bills and we agree i give him most of what i get to live here, its a 70/30 split
>>
>>25016108

What do you find so hard to believe exactly? In most wealthy western nations (excluding maybe America, not sure), you get NEETbux for being unemployed.

The internet isn't exactly a huge cost either, y'know. I mean fuck, it's great value for money when you think about it.
>>
>>25016297
Interesting. Very fascinated by this.

Is there a particular reason you're on NEETbux? Is it a physical disability or a mental disability?

>>25016348
Well, it just astounds me this exists.. yet people still work for a living, just so they can have a better car, or a better house.. but then proceed to die regardless and leave it to a bunch of shit-spawns.
>>
>>25016375
>Is there a particular reason you're on NEETbux?
It's called "job seekers allowance" and basically they tell you to look for work, you look for work and write it down and once a week/two weeks they call you in to talk about how it's going.

>Is it a physical disability or a mental disability?
None, i am mentally and physically healthy
>>
>>25016375
>Well, it just astounds me this exists.. yet people still work for a living, just so they can have a better car, or a better house.. but then proceed to die regardless and leave it to a bunch of shit-spawns.

I can't speak for everyone, but most people on NEETbux tend to come from poor families, at least here in the UK. My parents don't own a house or car or anything, so I won't really get anything when they die.

I know it's not the same for everyone and I get what you're driving at though. I don't think a lot of NEETs have good relationships with their parents anyway.
>>
>>25016410
So basically you intend on working at some point or another?

>>25016438
It's a very interesting culture though. My parents don't own a car or house either.
>>
>>25016591
>So basically you intend on working at some point or another?
I do, but i get alot of random panic attacks in public or public transport, i don't claim for it because i don't think they would take me seriously.

As for working in an office or somewhere i could be alone for a while would be nice, i have already put in for alot of computer repair jobs
>>
File: 1445190035250.png (189 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1445190035250.png
189 KB, 327x316
>>25016624
ah fuck, ignore the trip
>>
>>25016348
I'm from Portugal and it's almost impossible to get the neetbux unless you are a drug-addict or a mental\physically disabled person
>>
>>25016803
So what do unemployed Portuguese people get then?
>>
>>25016108
Who draws these lel
>>
Being a NEET in my country (Canada) is easy. I'm currently on Ontario Works while I apply for disability support. Currently I get $639 a month. At the start of December I got some arrears so I had a whole $1,055. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I live with my mom and pay half the rent. After rent, I got lots of disposable income. I drink a lot, buy lots of books to add to my ever growing library, and I own two dakimakura which aren't cheap.

My friend is on disability support and I think he gets around $1,200 a month. He lives alone and taught himself to cook from raw ingredients, so he saves a lot of money just buying veggies in bulk and making soup, french fries and stuff. (he is a vegetarian). He has enough extra that he saved up for a few months and got a powerful new computer that can play all the latest games. He spends most of his ample disposable income on Steam games.

Soon I'll be on the same welfare system as him and get my own apartment. So in short yes, I would totally try being NEET and see if it works for you.

FYI neither me or my friend are physically disabled, we're both just extremely neurotic. This shit wouldn't be very easy without doctors recommending we stay away from work, as non disabled unemployed people have to apply for three jobs a day and will never get anything like $1k a month
>>
>>25016108
Internet is cheap.

I may be poor as fuck, but still have enough for the internet.

The key is to get a cheap out of date used computer, fix it up software wise so it will run, then use that to connect.
>>
>>25016849
Starve, Live with other family members or emigrate
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.