[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you had the finances to retire right now, what would you do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: timeschange.jpg (34 KB, 495x423) Image search: [Google]
timeschange.jpg
34 KB, 495x423
If you had the finances to retire right now, what would you do with your life?
>>
nothing robot
>>
>>25015754
Buy a cabin in the woods/mountains in Canada or Austria and buy a huskey and a savannah cat. Just live there with my two best friends, probably put a home gym in there too if there was room.
>>
Absolutely fucking nothing
>>
I'd move to New Orleans and play music in the bars for fun. I'd stay liquored up 100% and live out the life I've always dreamed of.
>>
>>25016055
Alone and dead in 10 years?
>>
>>25016125
Yup, but I never wanted to make it passed my 30s.
>>
>>25016181
Good luck then
>>
>>25015754

I've been temporarily retired for 18 months, living NEET literal bachelor on my savings and not the government teat. :^)

I will be obliged to start wagecvcking again very soon, but now I have a clear idea of what I would actually do in retirement: fucking nothing. (I would continue to read, get out during the day for walks and learn a little math on the side to amuse myself, as I've actually been doing).

>>25016125

Everyone dies alone, and is slated to do so in a matter of decades-or-less, so your thing isn't special to that guy or anything. Don't kid yourself.

Costello: "How's your mother?"
Man: "Oh. She's on her way out."
Costello: "We all are. Act accordingly." -The Departed
>>
That implies that I work in the first place.
Been unemployed since collage.

If I had the same money I had now I would do the same damn thing. Live with my mom, unable to support myself, wishing I had a way to pull myself out of poverty, but never getting a fucking chance.

Retirement with no money is just NEET life with no money. It sucks because you can't afford to do the shit you want.
I am just glad I at least have a 10+ year old computer and internet that I can use to entertain myself and look for work. Could be worse.
>>
File: 1433908801896.gif (2 MB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1433908801896.gif
2 MB, 750x750
Live in a small house and collect all my stupid hobby shit. MTG cards, vidya, toys. Go out and people watch or do shit from time to time.
>>
hookers

mootbloxxx
>>
>>25015754

Build a lucury non dependent house somewhere in the woods, and stay there until the bombs go down
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 640x640
Buy a villa in Tuscany and a second generation Porsche Boxster. I would love out the rest of my days playing assassins creed 2. Or in a cosy house like pic related with nice cars. Shame it will never happen
>>
I don't ever want to fully retire, it's basically a death sentence.

I want to have a stake in a couple of startups, and drop in to each for like 6 hours a week.
>>
>>25015754
Nickelodeon studios was a concentration camp.
>>
make videogames and music
>>
Two chicks at the same time man
>>
>>25015813
>cabib
>room for a home gyn

Well, time for another dead American to die to the cold.
>>
Nothing. Live the good life with my good connection and my vidya. Life would be great desu sempai.
>>
>>25015754
make music, kinda like a mix between shoegaze and midwest emo
>>
>>25016429
I don't think you have any comprehension on what retirement is like
>>
>>25015754
Focus on large projects and buy a damn vehicle.
>>
>>25016540
I just want to be comfortable,
>if you had the finances to retire
He doesn't specify how much, plus he said right now
>>
>>25016466

That's right, normie. It's very important to keep busy, because as everyone knows, once you don't have goals or purpose, you stagnate, which in extreme cases leads to an early death, which might be a matter of a few years, or decades earlier than it otherwise would have been.

You're absolutely right. One should keep busy, because there is something to look forward to. Those who manage to keep busy escape death. Or even if they don't, they achieve great things that will be talked about hundreds of years from now and will never, ever be forgotten, ever. Above all, one shouldn't ever lounge in comfort. Comfort is evil. Idle hands are the devil's workshop.

You're right. Business is very interesting and not at all a boring subject. If one has free time, one should endeavor to start very, very interesting new businesses which will stay interesting because you will live forever because the protestant work ethic is correct because work is self-actualizing and status will continue to be important because you will have infinitely much time to do all of the things that you could ever want to do, so keeping work on the plate makes sense. After all, those who have the misfortune to die lament that they did not spend more time in the office.

Yes, you're right.
>>
> Grow out my hair and beard again.
> wander the earth either by foot or motorcycle.
> Do good deeds for people
> Odd jobs in exchanges for meals and a place to stay the night
> If I'm in a legitimate financial jam, I'd have the retirement money to bail me out depending on the severity.
> roam this earth until I die from disease or being killed
> I'd mark my place of death with a stick and a sign that said something really pretentious like "fiat lux"
>>
>>25016828
You'll be commemorated as the second coming of Christ after some obscurity by the lens of time.
>>
If you mean I would hace enough money for anything I want, then I would:
>Buy myself some small island
>Build small and comfy house
>Pay for monthly delivery of new technology, vidya, movies, books and magazines
>Get fast internet connection and good PC which I would often upgrade
>Buy a boat to swim around my island and spend time fishing
>Build some more stuff on my island like gym, sweat room etc.
>Enjoy rest of my life having fun and being comfy without having to worry about interacting with people
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.