[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a realistic concern?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
Is this a realistic concern?
>>
Pseudo poody banal platidudy bullshit
>>
Ice cube says nigga needa a plan b
>>
It's funny because her company has yet to make a working product but her company has received billions of dollars in the past decade.
>>
Lol no its called being realistic people who believe this are weeabo im the main character fuckheads
>>
>>25012531
Considering her business is not meeting expectations entirely, it wouldnt be a bad idea for her to evaluate her options.

Good businessmen understand that circumstances change and adjust for risk and variability. Having options is success, and only when you define success so narrowly do you set yourself up for failure in the first place.
>>
>>25012531
>This is why most women don't succeed.
>>
>>25012531
People who believe that any plan will work without any problems are retarded. That bitch needs to read some sun tzu
>>
>>25012531
That might work for highly aggressive compensating manlets and women who are incredibly good and lucky.

The rest of the successful world relies on having the freedom and safety of having multiple options. Which would be ironic if op didn't wrongly associate that quote to a female, since the pic essentially denies common place female behavior where females wok string along other males as back up options while in a relationship.
>>
I think Chief O'Brien puts it best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaPkSU8DNfY
>>
>I DONT HAVE TO WORRY, HE WILL TAKE CARE OF CHADS KIDS
>>
>>25012531
Let me fix that quote for you actually.

'The minute you admit to not having a back up plan, you've admitted to never being able to succeed if you fail.'
>>
Nah, if there's a chance of failure, even if it's like 1%, you need a backup plan in case that 1% happens.
>>
Pseudo intellectual bullshit from women. That's something new, isn't it ?
>>
Making a plan at all is an admission that you're a weakling who can't act in the moment.

I never had a plan for shit in my life, I signed up for one college a day before the deadline, got in, got through everything without any meta level plan, got into a top 5 grad school in my field without anyone telling me what to do or making any long term plans, ended up in a federal disaster management position making $70k out of school with 0 experience, fairly easy job with lots of opportunity for advancement.

The only part of my life I had planned was to ignore American women. Get one from Eastern Europe or Asia instead. American women are all cunts.
>>
>>25012531
no, this is unrealistic and homosexual
>>
>>25012541

>Pseudo poody banal platidudy bullshit

Yep. Another quote that sounds vaguely insightful and inspiring, but is just meaningless word salad.

>>25012594

Wow, you weren't kidding.

>Its founders have raised over $400 million from investors, valuing the company at $9 billion, without their testing device ever being subject to peer-reviewed study... The Wall Street Journal, quoting many unnamed current and former employees, revealed that Theranos's flagship Edison testing device might provide very inaccurate results....

I used to work with a guy who went to some tech startup. He was the sole developer amongst 40+ marketing dweebs. Everyday, they'd go into all-day meetings trying to figure out what they did. Meanwhile, he'd shitpost on forums and read books...no point in looking busy because no one was around.

Lasted 6 months before the VC got wise and yanked their funding.
>>
>>25012703

I have had this conversation before. Word for fucking word, right down to her eyerolls and disgusted huffs.

>Management always goes with the least redundancy
>When the shit hit the fan, it's your fault
>>
File: 1449587130329.jpg (149 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1449587130329.jpg
149 KB, 500x374
>>25012592
This tbqh senpai

a real nigga always keeps multiple fingers on the trigger
>>
>>25012531
There are thousands of people who have spoken iterations of that point. Why ascribe it to her in particular?

That's like me making an image of me talking with the words "Just be yourself" -Anon
>>
>>25012531
If that was true there would be no need for the insurance industry.

Just highlights how some people gain success through luck and taking huge risks.
>>
>>25012531

What really gets me is this:

There's like a "CEO" club filled with countless fuckups and failtards who say (and believe) shit just like this. They go from one company to the next, running them into the ground, going full-on scorched earth, and there's always someone else ready to hire them to do it all over again.

They're amoral, psychopathic jackasses with just enough of a reality distortion field to cover up their utter incompetence as they traipse from one boardroom to another, lugging their golden parachutes behind them.
>>
>>25012531

>We should put this fire exit and fire extinguisher here just in case
>'The minute you have a fire exit and extinguisher, you've admitted you're going to start a fire'

>We should put these life rafts here, just in case.
>'The minute you have a life raft, you've admitted you're going to sink the ship'

>We should enable the safety on this gun
>'The minute you have enabled safety on a gun, you've admitted you're going to shoot someone'

>It would be wise to have an [X] (a back-up in case the primary that X backs up fails)
>'The minute you have a [X], you've admitted you're going to (event if primary were to fail)'

What a silly cunt.
>>
>>25012630
This guy knows what's up. Your plan needs flexibility. I kek hard when someone says "I'll do X or die trying", because, although it sounds cool and hardcore, it's the stupidest way to go about it.
>>
So if you make a backup of your files you acknowledge your hard drive is already broken?
>>
>>25012531

Yep. You get a goal, you go for it without a thought for anything else. Backups are a distraction.

She's right. This is what makes a successful business executive, single-minded pursuit of a goal.
>>
That's better than not admitting that and being unable to understand why you constantly fuck up all the time.
Also hilarious that a rich white girl is trying to dispense life advice
>>
>>25013913
Oh, it's that and not the thousands of people working for them running every possible backup plan and filtering all the decisions?
>>
>>25013969

Absolutely.

Backups are followers, trust is for leaders.
>>
Having a back-up plan is usually another way to succesfully reach your set goal. Having one means you're ready for whatever future is throwing at you.

>CEO
>>
>>25014081

Nonsense. Name just *two* CEOs who've gone on to be successful because they had a backup plan in place?

Pfft.
>>
>CEO of Literally Who Inc.
>Telling everyone they shouldn't have plan Bs
>>
>>25014215
Michael Dell
Bill Gates
Both college drop outs. Dell didn't even go to a difficult school.
>>
>>25014294

I don't have a response to this...y-you weren't supposed to answer.

Fuck, it's almost like I should have had a backup plan in place...
>>
>>25013161
That sounds retarded, but actually it's kinda how people succede no ?

I mean theses people give up family, don't mind fucking other a lot of people to be successfull
>>
>Elizabeth Holmes
>Born in Washington D.C.
>Dad was a government official
>Mom was a Congressional Staffer
>Had a prestigious engineering degree from an Ivy League college and wealthy parents to fall back on in case things went south

What virtually everyone from successful entrepreneurs to successful writers fail to admit is this: they can afford to commit to these sorts of endeavors because they come from situations that allow them to take risks without worry that others could not. Bill Gates's dad was also rich, so for him to drop out in order to start up a company didn't mean shit to him in the long term. You get the same story over and over.

Lesson being that you shouldn't believe the hype until you fucking fact check.
>>
>>25014542

Whoops, scratch that last bit, she actually had six figures to invest in her start-up because she had the money that she would have spent on college no strings attached from mommy and daddy.
>>
>>25012531
Businesses are statistically very likely to fail.
For all businesses, especially anything food related.

So yeah, you gotta plan that things WILL fail, as failure is actually the default for businesses. This way you plan for any possible troubles down the road so that you can adequately react and deal with them. Managing in a complex and rapidly changing business environment is how you succeed.

Lack of foresight and proper planning leads to failed business endeavors.
>>
>>25014692
>So yeah, you gotta plan that things WILL fail, as failure is actually the default for businesses.

Yeah, nothing like a defeatist attitude when you're starting a business.

This anon said it:

>>25013913
>Backups are a distraction.

I am starting my own business, I KNOW.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.